PDA

View Full Version : Clem 7 = FAIL?

336LJ
20-04-2010, 01:21 AM
So, hilariously - I noticed the day they started charging for the use of a stinking hot shitty pointless tunnel, that bipasses ALL the local "traffic" but spits you out RIGHT at one of the busiest intersections on the north side of the city, that barely a car went through.
I noticed today on the way past they have a billboard up offering 30% off your toll and not ONE car heading down the onramp. Sounds like the private investors are shitting themselves.. ?

I don't get to see alot of the evening news on TV so has anyone got any more info on this huge fail of an initiative? I find it amusing.
Sorry if this is a boring thread - If my bike wasn't so fucken shit - I'd have better things to do.

This is kind of like - win #2 for me Vs tolls. [:p]
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1271756748.jpg

Jup
20-04-2010, 04:51 AM
HEHE Good one mate.

Private roads is just plain greedy to begin with, but expecting riders to pay as much as they do (or to pay at all!) is plain porkbarrelling.

I'll be glad when all such enterprises fail, Unfortunately, you know the government is going to spend millions propping up these private companies and their private roads.

bluemk1
20-04-2010, 05:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jup
Unfortunately, you know the government is going to spend millions propping up these private companies and their private roads.

welcome to sydney [V]

latheboy
20-04-2010, 07:47 AM
You should email the picture to the company that owns the tunnel with a big FAIL on the pic.

Macca2010
20-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Interesting looks a lot like Sydney traffic madness:D

sen
20-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Haha that's awesome. People need to do that in Sydney.

Hillsy
20-04-2010, 10:27 AM
I went through the tunnel a few weeks ago on the bike - thought I was going to pass out from heat and monoxide.

Ventilation my ass....

El_Hefty
20-04-2010, 11:09 AM
costs money to run the ventilators so just like the m5 tunnels in sydney they wont run them

well the price will be over $4 each way and where the fuck does it take you... buttfuck nowhere, yep ill be up for that

Hillsy
20-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah - but this one was supposed to have "state of the art" ventilation and this was one of the "great features" that they sold to the public. Bollox.

336LJ
20-04-2010, 01:29 PM
I'v never had any form of claustrophobia. but even at 80 k's with no cars around. the fumes/stench/humidity was so unbearable I got that.. I kinda wanna get out of here before I die - feeling. bit of ram air up your nostrils kinda makes it worse.
I heard Bob REALLY wants to do a Peewee50 run with a big "suck shit" sign on his back and drop a few burnouts

suxukifreak
20-04-2010, 03:26 PM
I use to live at Windsor where the north tunnel exit and they fucked up a good suburb for a bit of toll money[V]...

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1271767019.jpg

That orange box is the "vent" shaft.

LKC73
20-04-2010, 11:02 PM
336LJ just for you buddy!

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1271783487.jpg

336LJ
20-04-2010, 11:54 PM
ahaha - only wish I took the pic [8D] - might get your "modded" one printed out and stuck on my back window and drive through with coughfakecoughcough plates.

Heres the link for anyone interested..
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/clem7-tunnel-slammed-as-traffic-snarls/story-e6freoof-1225853787457

(And also so they don't try to surprise buttsecks me for using their pic)

Bob
22-04-2010, 06:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by 336LJ

I'v never had any form of claustrophobia. but even at 80 k's with no cars around. the fumes/stench/humidity was so unbearable I got that.. I kinda wanna get out of here before I die - feeling. bit of ram air up your nostrils kinda makes it worse.
I heard Bob REALLY wants to do a Peewee50 run with a big "suck shit" sign on his back and drop a few burnouts

Its very tempting mate. just need a pee wee and the shirt. And points on my license to loose. :D

Jup
22-04-2010, 03:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by 336LJ

ahaha - only wish I took the pic [8D] - might get your "modded" one printed out and stuck on my back window and drive through with coughfakecoughcough plates.

Heres the link for anyone interested..
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/clem7-tunnel-slammed-as-traffic-snarls/story-e6freoof-1225853787457

(And also so they don't try to surprise buttsecks me for using their pic)

Remember the 30% rule mate. They can't touch you if the image has been edited enough :D

alfiestorm
24-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Looks like all you folks who live in the area are going to be paying higher utility bills according to the local news papers to help fund the shortfall in expected toll charges.
So even if you dont use the tunnel or own anything with an engine you will be paying for it.
Fuckwits aint they

alf

suxukifreak
24-04-2010, 09:46 AM
In todays paper they announced a third tunnel for Brisbane at $1.7 billion [:0]

The Federal Government has chipped in $500 million to the $1.7 billion project, which is projected to provide 1400 jobs during construction and 85 jobs when it is running in 2014.

Why does it take 85 people to run a tunnel :(

sen
24-04-2010, 10:25 AM
It's fucking disgusting how badly this country is run from an infrastructure point of view. We pay taxes and RTA fees and vehicle rego to cover infrastructure, that's normal, so how come we then have to pay tolls too? Privatization of core infrastructure is against the entire basis of what a government is about.

Pisses me off.

uncle pervy
24-04-2010, 03:10 PM
you poor cunts are getting butt fucked and it looks like someone swapped the lube for grit grease.
my suggestion is move west as far as you can. we got great weather. no tolls, anywhere. no GFC, so we all got jobs and.
best of all, the WASF beer tours.

OZ750L
27-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Heard that the first day that tunnel opened, there was a breakdown that took 9 hours to clear...... lucky there wasn't anyone hurt.

Also, they have 4 fixed speed cameras in the tunnel. Don't worry though if you get picked up speeding by more than one camera as you will only get the one ticket.... yeah right.... assholes.