PDA

View Full Version : Shock Upgrade fot 95 900RR??

nick76
18-04-2010, 07:32 PM
G'day guys,

My shock is getting alittle old and flogged out,and would like to get one without the remote resevoir.

Looking at Gitzy's Sticky - BIG 4 Shock Swap Chart SUZUKI YAMAHA KWAK HONDA, is it just a matter of finding one with similar lengths??

Do they all bolt up the same to the frame/swingarm between the brands?

Should i stick to a newer model Honda one??

Is there a usual swap that you guys do to 95 Blades??

Cheers,
Nick

robmac
18-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Do you still have the standard subframe and battery box? If you do you'll need to steer clear of most of the shocks with the reservoir's that are attached to the top of the shock. If you don't then it opens up alot of options from most sportbikes. Just find the right length and get it set up to ur weight.

I think the standard sachs Aprilia Tuono shock fits straight in also. VFR800 is the same as a standard Blade shock but without the remote reservoir.

Why not get the standard one rebuilt? Only costs about $200 for a freshen up. Little more if replacing valves etc.

nick76
19-04-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm bout to attack the subframe with my grinder shortly,so will be ditching the standard battery box/plastic crap,and would like to put as little as possible back on the subframe.
Also,the shock looks shit,half the sping and shock body has be done in rattle can black,and it just looks old and shit,so i don't want to spend money on it.
Would like a nice,newer,clean unit.

nick76
09-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the tip Robmac.
Scored myself a Sachs Aprilia RSVR shock off evil bay the other night.(Adjustable rear ride hight is a nice bonus!!)
Bolted straight in,tho did use some washers to fill the difference.
You were also right about standard battery box,etc.With that in place,it wouldn't fit.
Didn't bother me,as the grinder has already been out and butchered most of it!!

robmac
09-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Pictures or it didn't happen

nick76
09-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I'll get alittle more thru my tinkering with the bike,and post up abit of a build thread.
Hopefully by then i'll have figured out how to put pics up,etc etc.

I just need some time to read thru all the stickies,and go thru it step by step.