PDA

View Full Version : websites for repairable write offs

shultram
14-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey boys, just wondering what the best websites are to look for and buy wrecked bikes and repairable writeoffs. Im keen to start a project soon and just wondering where the best place would be to start. Im preferably after a late model GSXR1000 or R1 with a wrecked front end. thanks in advance.

sen
14-04-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm assuming you're either not in NSW, or plan on the fastest build ever?

RevHead
14-04-2010, 06:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by shultram

Hey boys, just wondering what the best websites are to look for and buy wrecked bikes and repairable writeoffs. Im keen to start a project soon and just wondering where the best place would be to start. Im preferably after a late model GSXR1000 or R1 with a wrecked front end. thanks in advance.
:(if your in n.s.w youve got till the 30th september then they all get crushed ,no more repairable right offs anymore in n.s.w,all cars and bikes will be repaired up to 90 percent of there value

oldskool
14-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Manhime fowles

Hillsy
14-04-2010, 10:54 PM
These guys are in NSW:

http://www.motorcycledisposals.com.au/Bikes/Bikes%20Currently%20Tendering/Currently%20Tendering.html

Guess they'll be closing down soon :(

Also try here:

http://www.manheimfowles.com.au/

shultram
15-04-2010, 12:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

quote:Originally posted by shultram

:(if your in n.s.w youve got till the 30th september then they all get crushed ,no more repairable right offs anymore in n.s.w,all cars and bikes will be repaired up to 90 percent of there value

berr just read it then wat a fuckin joke. i guess ill just have to make sure i get something goin before september thanks for the help boys.

Deano
15-04-2010, 05:42 PM
so does that mean that anything that is not repairable is crushed and wreckers are unable to buy the stat write offs?

DiscoDan
15-04-2010, 05:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Deano

so does that mean that anything that is not repairable is crushed and wreckers are unable to buy the stat write offs?

I assume they can still buy them for spares, they just can't be registered

RevHead
15-04-2010, 09:53 PM

:Dthere will be no more repairable,write offs ,all panel beaters will have to repair them pto 90 percnet of there value ,,stat write off will be sold to wreckers or public ,the nrma is trying to start there own wrecking yard n.s.w wide, so y insure your bike when youl just lose it ?? its a fucken joke hey,, cheers

Deano
16-04-2010, 07:16 AM
that makes more sense. where did you get the 'crushed' from in your earlir post. we don't like people using those sorts of words around here

sen
16-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Saw this on another forum..

"The govt has advised that it will be amending a key piece of legislation to make is strong and robust "later this year". Some exemptions will apply, mainly to collecters vehicles but also for some others. The MTA will provide more information to you when it becomes available."

Wonder if heavily-modified/custom vehicles can get an exemption?

fimpBIKES
16-04-2010, 12:19 PM
sorry to move off the main point,
but does that mean if i try to reregister the TLR later this year (cos i have had it off the road doing a rebuilt)
even though its been cleared as a repairable write-off with the previous rego's will i be in strife?

sen
16-04-2010, 02:25 PM
According to my local RTA you can renew the rego of existing registered write-offs, but if you let it lapse, you'll never be able to register it again..

I can't find that in writing anywhere though..

RevHead
16-04-2010, 08:28 PM

that makes more sense. where did you get the 'crushed' from in your earlir post. we don't like people using those sorts of words around here
one of my mates owns a wreckers n he,s spuing ,some cars n bike will be crushed as he tells me ,sorry bout that word

fimpBIKES
18-04-2010, 08:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by sen

According to my local RTA you can renew the rego of existing registered write-offs, but if you let it lapse, you'll never be able to register it again..

thats so fucked

RevHead
18-04-2010, 07:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

thats so fucked
[}:)]no thats not right,,if its been repaired and regoed prevously, they cannot knock you back just dont lose your old rego papers,this new law comes into affect on the 30 th of september 2010,and will not effect any car or bike repaired before that date,so tell your rta officer to read the fuckn laws ,cheers hope this helps

sen
18-04-2010, 10:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

thats so fucked
[}:)]no thats not right,,if its been repaired and regoed prevously, they cannot knock you back just dont lose your old rego papers,this new law comes into affect on the 30 th of september 2010,and will not effect any car or bike repaired before that date,so tell your rta officer to read the fuckn laws ,cheers hope this helps

That's awesome news.. local RTA has no clue themselves, and is telling multiple different versions of what's going on. I need to find this in writing though, gunna keep a copy of it with the receipts of the bikes!