PDA

View Full Version : info need vfr swinger to gsxr1100w

RevHead
13-04-2010, 10:02 PM
ok tossing up the idea of fitting a single sided swnger to my 1100w has anyone done this and what model fits earlier,later all info would help im a mechanic and want to do it myself ,and also fitment of a 17x7 rim ,cheers

latheboy
14-04-2010, 07:57 AM
The 750SSSA is an easy fit with just a few spacers, im not sure about your top shocker mount tho.

The 800SSSA is a fair bit of work, i cut 35mm off the width of the swingarm to get it in. Heaps of machining was done and welded it all back up with gussets and stuff. I made a new top shock mount too.

Ben did one and i think he cut the frame a little? So less cutting of the swinger.
Also someone did one earlier this year, sorry i've forgotten who it was.

Here's one from a while ago... http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4950&SearchTerms=lucky

lous_1979
14-04-2010, 01:58 PM
try this link

if you have any questions please ask

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18054

RevHead
14-04-2010, 07:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by lous_1979

try this link

if you have any questions please ask

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18054
funny thing is these pictures say nothing. look im together ,then look im apart ,then look parts then look im done ,sought of wot about the rear shock mount i need proper info not pictures cheers

Seifer
15-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Bahahah

lous_1979
15-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Hey buddy the idea is to chuck a few photos up on the web and some descriptions about what im doing to promote discussions with fellow streetfighters. I dont have time to write a manual on how to install a VFR800 SSSA into a 1993 gsxr 1100 i rather just work on the bike. Like i said above have a look at the link and feel free to ask any questions im happy to answer any questions at all. I find the above comment a bit rude! A "Hi mate i was after some info about the top shock mount and what you did any help would be much appreciated" would have gone a long way. Flaming my pictures and descriptions then asking for some info isnt really helping me to be forthcoming and helpful is it?

Even though we share a common intrest in streetfighters dosent replace the need for " Hi, please and thanks". If everyone is coutious and poilte then these types of foums are plesent to visit and post.
I hope these comments are reasonable

Anyway about the top shock mount.

1. The only option without redesigining the linkage ratios etc was to use the standard VFR 800 shock. I looked at a R1 shock the travel and length are good but the spring rate is far too light 9kg/mm (R1) vs 15kg/mm for the VFR

2. The top shock mount is too low and needs to be changed. As it is part of the frame and not removeable (pre 93 had a bolt on top shock mount) this becomes a more difficult proposition.

3. I have removed the shock mount from the frame with an angle grinder and flap disk and machined a new top mount it isnt too pretty but should work

4. Because of the above i am still working on this but have come up with a solution i think is workable. I am waiting for it to come back from the welders then i can post some photos in my build page.

Hope this was helpful
Nick

RevHead
15-04-2010, 06:03 PM
sorry for my abrupt reply ,my mistake of being hasty,,thanks for the info i,l get me on of those swingers n wheel n get started ,cheers,and thanks

latheboy
16-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I put a CBR 954 shock in the back of mine.... Nice and short and its trick as fuck, all the adjustment you could want. Its much better than a touring shock that is the VFR's

RevHead
16-04-2010, 07:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

I put a CBR 954 shock in the back of mine.... Nice and short and its trick as fuck, all the adjustment you could want. Its much better than a touring shock that is the VFR's
[}:)]did you have to move the top shock mount cheers

latheboy
16-04-2010, 09:44 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1271438042.jpg

Just a bit.....:D;)
Its ofset to the left by 10mm if i remember correctly and back and up. Although its not much. I kept the angle of the shock the same as it would be for the VFR so that the linkages would work at the same ratio's.
The VFR shock has gaids.

RevHead
17-04-2010, 07:30 AM
how much did that cost to get milled up thanks

latheboy
17-04-2010, 09:54 AM
$50 for the material and about 10 hous of my time, that includes design and machining :D

RevHead
17-04-2010, 07:29 PM

$50 for the material and about 10 hous of my time, that includes design and machining :D
:Dso when i get closer i,could send you $200 bucks to mill me one up ,cheers

latheboy
17-04-2010, 07:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

:Dso when i get closer i,could send you $200 bucks to mill me one up ,cheers

$200 minus $50 for material divided buy 10(hours)= $15 per hour..:( Yeah sure, ill start it right away

RevHead
18-04-2010, 08:35 AM
hahaha let me know how much ,,cheers