PDA

View Full Version : Building cbr 900 93 street fighter

mick
26-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Hoping sumone can help me out on where to get parts such as front head lights and front flairng ect what handle bars to use and sum helpful advice on building to finshing touches on, my street fighter.. (I live in Syd )

WATEVR
26-01-2007, 09:28 PM
have you come to the right place. for buying have a look at www.austreefigher.com.au the guy whos business it is is a member round these parts and as for advice if the guys and gals round here dont know then its not worth knowing about!!

Greeny
26-01-2007, 09:32 PM
A couple things i found out in building mine twice.
Get your extended Brake lines off Austreetfighter.
I found i needed a longer clutch cable. I used a CBR600f4 one. Fitted great and cost a whole $26 or something like that. Beats paying more for a custom one that does the same job.

Have a look around do a google search. Early Blades would be one of the most fighter bikes out there.

27-01-2007, 07:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by WATEVR

have you come to the right place. for buying have a look at www.austreefigher.com.au the guy whos business it is is a member round these parts and as for advice if the guys and gals round here dont know then its not worth knowing about!!

And half the stuff we do know is not worth knowing, but that's a different story I suppose. :D

Mundy's good for dog bones information, what he doesn't know about breaking them ain't worth knowing :D

damo1
27-01-2007, 07:14 AM
Gday mick welcome mate.
Good to see another blade turn up the gixxer boys will be starting to worry i think where
slowly closing in on the numbers they have here and they all hate hondas.

Mate if you want some/any parts advice the other boys are right speak to Stu at Austreetfighters
or give Ben a call at Extreme Creations hes building and helping out with some of the best fighters
around these parts its worth going down just for a look at JUDGE in the flesh.

And hes on the northern beaches of syd

damo1
27-01-2007, 07:17 AM
Ah chalky hows it going mate?
How did the bike end up mate i didnt see the finished product (i dont think).

27-01-2007, 08:23 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/320633981163161.JPG

Yeah, not bad Damo, quiet in the capital as usual.

The bikes still a work in progress, I think this is the last photo I uploaded. Building a new dash at the moment, and looking around for a longer rear shock.

Those BikeFarmMV assholes have completely gypped me on the purchase of the rear end riser kit, so be warned about ordering things from Germany, they can't always be relied on to deliver the goods.

damo1
27-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Yeah there probly those dewish Germans if Hitla did a proper job the first time we wouldnt have to
deal with them would we.

Good to hear alls well in the capital are you heading to Dubbo for the ride this year?

27-01-2007, 08:35 AM
I'll have to see on the Dubbo ride, hopefully find out in the next week or 2.

damo1
27-01-2007, 03:31 PM
yeah im not sure if im going either at this point ill have to see closer to the date.

Iceman
27-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Welcome aboard mick. Check out the parts section on the home page, there's a few good links there.

Gix11
28-01-2007, 12:51 AM
If anybody hadn't already noticed, Stu does the 'Fighting Talk section in Rapid Bikes as well.

dane_ra
28-01-2007, 09:34 AM
yep, looking forward to his next column

28-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Don't buy Rapid, so no I didn't know that. anybody wanna post a scan of one of'em