PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Tone
06-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Who's the go for bike insurance?
Getting a runaround at the moment from Arista and Shannons coz my bike ain't in a locked garage.The bugger's disc locked and chained to the fucking house,out of site but the bastards won't play.
Any help appreciated.

fimpBIKES
06-06-2006, 07:31 PM
just knock up a little box that your bike fits into at night with a lock on the outside
surely that would constitute a "garage"

is it true that shannons only let u do 8 000km a year?

any idea how insurers feel about not having a steering lock? (looking to relocate my ignition barrel)

chadams
06-06-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm with western qbe not too bad... even with my poor record the premium is ok..

fimpBIKES
06-06-2006, 10:04 PM
how modified is your bike chadams,
i thought westernQBE werent into mods

Large
06-06-2006, 10:09 PM
How about one of those crappy garden sheds from Bummings to make a garage?

clairebear
08-06-2006, 08:50 AM
ha ha...i wuz gunna say Arista or Shannons (both about the same price)
I have just cancelled my insurance for the time being, but the girl at Arista thought that their prices might drop soon as they have lost quite a few customers. I am hoping this will be just in time for my sept / oct reinstatement!
otherwise a mate uses western QBE and reckons they're pretty good too.
maybe we should form a loose club type fing (hate that coz anarchist) and seek a group discount?
the 8000k thing a year is a bit funny, as I asked how they check, and they said they just assume you dont ride every day...there ya go.

BillyWhizz888
08-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Try Swann, got mine very cheap

SWANN INSURANCE (AUST) PTY LTD
GPO Box 9916 Melbourne VIC 3001

CUSTOMER SERVICE
Phone 1300 307 926
Fax 1300 720 380

BillyWhizz888
08-06-2006, 09:24 AM
One more, in regard to Garage, you only have to prove that the vehicle is one of the following:

"World Dictionary"
Garage:
1. A Building for sheltering a motor vehicle or vehicles
2. An establishment where motor vehicles are repaired
3. to put or keep in a garage

so long as you call whatever you use a garage, and it is used for keeping vehicles in, always quote a dictionary, and you can win any arguement with insurance companies, they then have to prove that the dictionary is incorrect,
If you had a shed, and is used to shelter your bike you are in?
call a few up and discuss the case, But remember... they can just refuse to insure you at your statement....... they are not all helpful as mentioned in previous reply, try Swann, they looked after me :-)

fimpBIKES
08-06-2006, 01:09 PM
i imagine that in their policy book they would have their own def. of "garage"
would have to check in there

BillyWhizz888
08-06-2006, 09:42 PM
woth the RAC & SGIO My car port was re-classed as a garage when I put a door on it? no sides or back, yet my workshop, alarmed and locked is not? Swann however looked at the photos and accepted both...
never can tell with some of these folk!

Tone
09-06-2006, 05:34 AM
Cheers for replies peoples