Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Latheboy's toy - GSXR750 Turbo fuckun

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    She started to hum that's for sure, I almost broke my wrist shutting it down.

Blow through is the way forward.

I'll stick to that theory until I build an injected bike anyway

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    hahaha lol mind you a few yrs ago i would have said you are mad it will run but be a pig and a pain in ass to tune but more and more i see of what and the like are doing it looks like worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by latheboy View Post
    Bit of an update to the shitter.

I want to be able to see all the work i put into the plenum so here is Plenum cover MK3

Still needs a polish and the o-rings put in.

hmmm you have given me an idea hmmmm

I'm lucky that I build Dyno's for a living Ozzy, tuning was not really an issue just alot of dyno time. Free for me.
    I did tune each cylinder so there are different jets and needle heights in each carb, most tuners would not do that.
    You should do it tho

Abli.
    I used polycarbonate for the cover, after talking to a plastics guy today i'm not sure if I'll keep the window.

I have bad stains on the inside from standoff/ reversion and it looks shithouse.

Copy paste
    "Reversion is the flow of the air fuel mixture out of the cylinder and into back into the intake manifold."

When petrol comes into contact with polycarb it changes it into perspex, which is brittle.
    So I won't be suprised if it cracks.

Next option is glass if I'm to keep to window, I haven't looked into this yet.

Another option is to make 50 windows and replace them as they look shit. Not really too keen on that either.

HMM YES I SEE my clear clutch cover went to shit and stained so i redid it with new polycarb again.

by the way im going to use just 1 turbo at the moe as i already have good s hand gt 1543 freelander turbo and an intrcooler etc so im going to run that to learn etc and get timming set up that way i can do set up for penuts lol then if happy then go to twin s
    Last edited by ALBI; 28-11-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    you are better off starting with the correct turbo. if you use a turbo cause its free and then build everything to suit it, when you find out it wont do the job you have to remake everything plus you have to buy the correc turbo.

it is a fiddly job doing it once let alone twice on the same bike after you weren't happy with the first effort. the turbo is the heart of the system if you start with a good base you will get a better end result.

and there is no such thing as a 'cheap turbo bike' think of a figure and double it, now double it again. now you are getting close.

Blog Entries
    that Plenum is dead set sexy mate
    atm im just trying to design a simple lifting bike/fixture table out of 1/2 plate, 100 rhs and 75 rhs and am fast finding that
    making shit work is a dam site harder than just makeing shit......
    so i can only imagine the time and grey hairs it cost to design and build some like that best with only the resorces at your disposal.

and if you so happen to make better dyno's though their use and your better understanding of them who are they to complane :-)

i have found a wideband data logger in the states ... it logs o2, egt, map, air temp, oil temp, oil press, fuel press, rpm and shaft rpm all this with wifi to any thing with net as a active web page dash and with sensors but only 1 egt sensors costing about $550............and the extra egt can be had for a bit more.
    scotty of rapid motion(TOP BLOKE) is the man building my motor and has basicly said its so easy using old sckool tuing methods on the set up and tune ill be useing that i wouldnt need to spend the money and make things more complex than they need to be,
    but fuck me thats cool mmmnnnnn set over all o2 then cross reff 4egts at diff loads and rpm takeing into account other variables till you have the over all best out come...........
    love yr work

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    you are better off starting with the correct turbo. if you use a turbo cause its free and then build everything to suit it, when you find out it wont do the job you have to remake everything plus you have to buy the correc turbo.

it is a fiddly job doing it once let alone twice on the same bike after you weren't happy with the first effort. the turbo is the heart of the system if you start with a good base you will get a better end result.

and there is no such thing as a 'cheap turbo bike' think of a figure and double it, now double it again. now you are getting close.
    what this man said
    yes there are some great 2nd hand turbos off cars that will be perfect in some cases but you need at shit load of understanding that best comes form exp to know when and where so if cost a real prob it can be done well
    but is just so easy to buy what you need and in a lot of cases ends up costing close to the same with half the sore head it becomes a very temping option

I was lucky enough to get a defect notice on my bike for NO mud guard/ refector.

Could have been a $382 fine but the cop was nice to me.

I had to make it all pretty and legal for Vicroads.
    Looked like this...........GHEY.....

Now that was never going to last so as per the other thread regarding the mud guard, I did this.

Red is because ...... Fuck I never told Vicroads I changed the colour. Fixing that now so i can cover it in bewbies and clear coat.

Latest new part is the carbon front guard off a KTM RC8.

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    I actually don't mind the number plate position, and if it .stops you getting yellow stickers bonus.

ASF Premium Full Member
    I like it too,
    i want to do it to my vfr at some stage. How solid is it? does it shake and vibrate, ie, do you think it'll crack?
    more titanium than my bike

It's nice and stable, although I haven't had a look at it while riding.
    I think it'll get a little shake going from bumps and vibations.

My welds don't crack

Quote Originally Posted by latheboy View Post
    It's nice and stable, although I haven't had a look at it while riding.
    I think it'll get a little shake going from bumps and vibations.

My welds don't crack
    FARK YOU MATE!!!!!

im doing the same deal with my number plate, well i was ! farkkkk kin hellllllll lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBI View Post
    FARK YOU MATE!!!!!

im doing the same deal with my number plate, well i was ! farkkkk kin hellllllll lol.
    You should still do it, all the kool kids are mounting them that way.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Meh.

That's so 2008, like the one I had on the Spondon.

ASF Premium Full Member
    That's why i asked about the cracking, actually. I remeber you saying you had trouble with yours.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Yeah cracked a few times.

Ivan prolly wont be doing 1 oclock whoolies like I used to tho'

Ha... I think you're right Mr. Large

ASF Premium Full Member
    If he ate more pies he could bulk up to put more weight over the back end.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    looking good ivan its about time you painted that thing i like the new paint scheme

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast