Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Advice on a new fighter.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Well I did it, hope you pricks are happy I just gave away all my money
    I got the forks, the calipers, ressy, wheel and discs, axle and both lower and upper clamps. Paid $1400 seemed fairly reasonable for all of that.

Does anyone know if there are any swingarms that will slide right in to replace the one on the slabby? Such as a gixxer 1 thou or any single siders as I would rather pay a couple of hundred at a wreckers than 1500 for a JMC or whatever they go for, I am assuming they are around that much.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hay JackTar,
    Sounds like you moving along with the bike nicely.....But don't forget to post the pics up as you go so we can keep track of the progress

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hay JackTar,
    Sounds like you moving along with the bike nicely.....But don't forget to post the pics up as you go so we can keep track of the progress

Well the only thing I can take pictures of at the moment is the stuff I just bought untill I work out how the fuck to get these carbies out, they are really starting to piss me off (not that I have spent that much time on it lately).

I have decided not to get the frame polished now, too expensive and the 87 frame doesn't look that awesome anyway so I am going to get it painted, not sure what colour yet was thinking either blue or red.

Well the only thing I can take pictures of at the moment is the stuff I just bought untill I work out how the fuck to get these carbies out, they are really starting to piss me off (not that I have spent that much time on it lately).

I have decided not to get the frame polished now, too expensive and the 87 frame doesn't look that awesome anyway so I am going to get it painted, not sure what colour yet was thinking either blue or red.

stop thinking and just paint it black

stop thinking and just paint it black

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Dont paint it Powdercoat it.

Dont paint it Powdercoat it.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Don't powdercoat it Anodise it.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Don't powdercoat it Anodise it.

Anodising is for Pooftas Large, i thought everyone knew that?

Anodising is for Pooftas Large, i thought everyone knew that?

its also twice the price of chroming

its also twice the price of chroming

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    nickel plate it, i still get semi thinking about senti...

sorry, back in my box
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    nickel plate it, i still get semi thinking about senti...

sorry, back in my box
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    A couple of things don't anodise the frame as the welds will come out a diffent colour (not much tho if your lucky).

With your carbs is it the the cables giving you grief, if it is take them off from the throtle first that way you can pull the carbs out and get the cables out with much less fuss on a bench.

That front end sounds very nice, now you'll have to find a new set of speedo and tacho (if you want em to match), as the r1 has no speedo drive on the spindle (I know this should be common knowledge but he said he is a mechanical noob), anyway you could get a pushy speedo and put the sensor on the front (or back) wheel or the expensive method of replacing the sprocket cover with a Bandit 1200 k1 or newer cover($132 new), get a sensor for it (new $100+) and rotor sender ($10 new) and a set of clocks from a GSXR 600/750/1000 or bandit 1200 K1 or newer (Ebay $250 - $400), the only down side is you will have to either drill the shaft that the sprocket is on and tap it (M8 I think) or get a "castle nut" made with 4 fingers or maybe (I haven't checked yet) weld a sender to a sprocket nut and a speedo healer.

Wow time for a breath.
    Anyway have fun
    Andrew

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    A couple of things don't anodise the frame as the welds will come out a diffent colour (not much tho if your lucky).

With your carbs is it the the cables giving you grief, if it is take them off from the throtle first that way you can pull the carbs out and get the cables out with much less fuss on a bench.

That front end sounds very nice, now you'll have to find a new set of speedo and tacho (if you want em to match), as the r1 has no speedo drive on the spindle (I know this should be common knowledge but he said he is a mechanical noob), anyway you could get a pushy speedo and put the sensor on the front (or back) wheel or the expensive method of replacing the sprocket cover with a Bandit 1200 k1 or newer cover($132 new), get a sensor for it (new $100+) and rotor sender ($10 new) and a set of clocks from a GSXR 600/750/1000 or bandit 1200 K1 or newer (Ebay $250 - $400), the only down side is you will have to either drill the shaft that the sprocket is on and tap it (M8 I think) or get a "castle nut" made with 4 fingers or maybe (I haven't checked yet) weld a sender to a sprocket nut and a speedo healer.

Wow time for a breath.
    Anyway have fun
    Andrew

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Couldn't you just rig up a magnetic 'bike' speedo on it? I'm sure an Enduro computer would be just fine

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast