Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $10 bike stand ,easy 2 make,skinned knuckles

RevHead
    quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

i dunno mate, i know they are big screw jacks
    but i hate those evil fuckers

fold over with side load, had one under a van once changing a tyre and... [XX(]
    [8D]I HAD A THOUGHT SINCE I POSTED THIS LINK WAS TO WELD THE JACKS TO A 10 MILL STEEL PLATE SAY 500 X 250 THEN THERES NOT HOPE OF FAILURE FROM FALLING OVA PLUS WIT THE WEIGHT IT WOULD BE SUPER STABLE CHEERS

Weekend Warrior
    it scares me thinking of the busted knuckles and the time it takes winding the bastard up. im happy to pay $200 not to have to wind a stand up lol

RevHead
    quote:Originally posted by slickncghia

it scares me thinking of the busted knuckles and the time it takes winding the bastard up. im happy to pay $200 not to have to wind a stand up lol
    [^]FUNNY THING IS NOT EVERYONES GOT $200 BUCKS AND THIS GIVES THEM ANOTHER EASY ACCESS POINT TO MAKE THERE OWN STAND I USE THE ORIGINAL HANDLE TO WIND IT UP IT TAKES 30 SEC TO GET THE BIKE UP 1 PERSON JOB ITS THAT EASY

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    nah, the way i have had em fail on me is when the start to fold sideways (so in a forward/backwards direction the way you have then under the bike)
    all the pivots go to jelly

but you've left yourself a fair safety factor there LOL
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

RevHead
    i made sure the jacks were tight at the pivot points ,i had the same worries im going to build another version of the lift this week ,to allay everyones fears,

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I wouldn't mind making one using the air jacks I used when doin a bit of work with a mobile mechanic - fuckin thing just about tossed small cars in the air though - lifted up trucks and everything was fuckin sick

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    If the front brake is locked on wouldn't that prevent any forward/backward movement of the bike anyway?

(Oh, and revhead: Typing in ALLCAPS is the equivalent to SHOUTING on a forum, and it's considered bad nettiquette, just FYI)

RevHead
    sorry bout the capitals that wont happin again,,actually didn know that ,cheers,,.ive had my bike up on it for 3 weeks with no wheels on her and it didnt move also i fitted up the front wheel today and the bike stayed perfectly still,and if front or rear brakes were locked ,it will be safer ,,

RevHead
    quote:Originally posted by 336LJ

I wouldn't mind making one using the air jacks I used when doin a bit of work with a mobile mechanic - fuckin thing just about tossed small cars in the air though - lifted up trucks and everything was fuckin sick
    air jack thats fully sic how high could you get it hahaha[]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12