Thread: 1098 Ducati naked already!!!!

Weekend Warrior

1098 Ducati naked already!!!!

Well my 1098 has 500K's on it now, A set of molds for a fairing kit now renders it as a naked for a few weeks

I'm a big fan of naked bikes I may just leave it that way. They are awesome go get one!!!!

Mine is a S model and cost of insurance for AU$31K fully comp with Shannon’s insurance is AU$688.00 with my block policy …..

What I really want to know!!!! What will it be like two up on the track???
    The power feels like my turbo Trumpy with the handling of a RS 250!!!!!

Maybe a KTM super Duc or a V-rod even the trusty Speedy twin light set-up may be the go!!!!
    I would you keep the clip-ons though!!!! A fat bar kit would look tuff, but would it compromise the handling

Ducati purists would cringe if they see a naked 1098 with a fat bar conversion and a set of twines on the front.
    It’s staying naked for my first track day at Mallala on the 21st of Jan.
    Still taking my naked Daytona though, I still love my Trumpy’s, but I’m not building the Tricati anymore. There is no way I could ever make a Daytona feels so light!!!!!
    It’s like a 250cc!!! This model is a winner, Ducati have made an awesome bike for less money than a 999s and it’s better than the 999r that cost’s twice as much!!!!
    Sure it’s a kick on the balls for 999 owners IMHO……

Weekend Warrior
    You're a brave man!
    That would definitely be improved with a further reduction in plastic content and a set of bars. The only thing in the handling changes would be at high (very) high speeds.
    Go for it! 8^)

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    as unique as it would be to strip it this is best looking duke since the 916. i hope your making some of those carbon fairings for it then it will look sensational. are you keen to come for a ride one day?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Keep it stripped and whack a brutale light unit on it. That will give a middle finger to the ducatisti. I can just imagine the boggle eyed looks and indignation when you show up anywhere on it, and if thats not what a fighter is all about i dont know what is!!

The rims look great for stockers.

to me it would be ashame to strip that bike down naked. I was always impressed with how well, and tight, the panels on a 916 were. Either way if you do keep it naked then definately leave the clip-ons. You want to keep your weight up front if you dont want to disrupt the handling, at any speed. Bars might help at lower speeds but id say anything over 25mph(40kmh) would be a sacrifice.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    STRIP IT MORE!!!!

sell all the fairings and the bike will pay for itself
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Unless you want to be the new Carl Fogerty I'd be giving it the true Streetfighter middle finger to the world. Imagine the jaw dropping!? Fucking radical man, love your efforts!

Looks great as it is, looks great with the fairings on....looks great any way you have it, in fact I think the 1098 is gonna be the new legendary Duc. You lucky mongrel, I'm jealous[^]meaning I wish I had the splash to dive on in myself[V].
    It's easily as handsome as a 910 Brutale, and they're made naked....

Weekend Warrior
    Both my Daytona’s are naked, easier to fix when I drop them!!!!
    I’ll make a set of carbon panels for the Duc and a shit load of bolt on bits, but I think the naked 1098 has some merit!!! If I make a kit that looks and compliments the bike so that it looks like it was made for the job, they may well be a market for 1098 riders that bin there bikes!!!!

There will be a lot of them get damaged they are just so light and powerful, corners just appear from no were, I would think a spill would cost a fair bit to fix.

All i can say is, there must be good money in Carbon parts. []

Weekend Warrior
    I work my balls off to get what I have, 7 days a week most of the time.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    The Spaggetti jet looks good undressed, you can't have too many naked bikes!

"It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

I repeat my opinion that you should leave it nekkid. With the fairings on you will just be a bloke with another 1098. I realise they are new now and a novelty but you have to remember that Ducati have a tradition of keeping a design for up to ten years(how long has the current SS shape and the monster been around now??).

Remember the 916, when it was released everyones jaw dropped at how sexy it was. but with limited changes to it in 8 years apart from minor spec and engine changes, after a while they were bloody everywhere!! You would see five of the things at the road warriors at any given time on a weekend.

If its naked it will be different, AND CERTAINLY SEXIER THAN A MONSTER!!!

And yes you are absolutely right, it will need to be done well to do it justice. A custom light fairing that suits the lines but considering what you do for a quid it shouldnt be a problem!!

KEEP IT NAKED!! that is so hot!!!!
    looks fantastic and i reackon keep the clip ons and whack carbon bodywork on it.
    also i want your 955 rims!

Weekend Warrior
    "1098 Ducati Naked Already!!!!"

... What a slut...[B)]

Weekend Warrior
    Slain: I have a few more sets of OZ wheels on order, in black or silver. Email me at racecomp@racecomp.com.au for a price

what about clear bodywork? i remember when acerbis came out with ghost plastics in the late 90s.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    racecomp looking forward to catching up with you when you ride the creek again it should be a buzz on that beast

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++