Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a run up the oxley highway

Weekend Warrior

a run up the oxley highway

Right i'm pretty keen to go for a run up the oxly furthest i've been in that direction is singleton so i know shit all about whats up there but still with some helpfull input i'll attempt to organise a trip out there.

from looking at my motocycle atlas this is seems to have some good roads included just not sure about the part after tamworth. i'm thinkin a stay over at wauchope must be a none pub around there somewere?? then if needed a stop at singleton maybe overnight depends what ppl think.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&s...9,7.113647&z=8

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    u can stay at long flat pub pj I hear that is pretty decent except the air con isn't so good so when r u thinking of going I am heading down on sunday but we r just going down 4 the day but from past experiences I can tell u that is 40 odd k's either way of fucking heaven up and another 40 odd back if u like corners give me a yell when u r heading this way and I will be sure to get there and camp somewhere man only 2.5 hours from here

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    thunderbolts to Walcha stay there then the oxley to i think port maqurie isnt it?

Weekend Warrior
    My first thought was like you said weasel i just didn't know were the best part of oxley is. As for dates no really sure how long should be allowed 2 or 3 days? With afr comin up didn't wanna make the calender to busy

We get across there a bit, only a couple of hours from here.

If you are coming from the coast side come up through Glouster up the thunderbolts way, some good new stuff across the top with some nice fast 60 - 80k posted corners.

If you want to stay some where stay at Walcha, some good pubs there.

It's 50ks from Walcha to the twisties, another 40ks of twisties and then about 30ks to Long Flat for some shit fuel or further to Wauchope but watch the cops east of Long Flat and between Walcha and the start of the twisties, they get a bit busy on the weekends as a lot of bikes get up there, do a mid week run if you can, and remember it will be 10 degrees cooler up in the hills.

They had also been doing a bit of resurfacing before christmas, my son binned his 600 across there mid Dec, not sure if they have finished yet. Great road enjoy. Let me know when you go I may even meet you at Walcha and do a lap with you.

And the road from Tamworth to Singleton is boring as bat shit and covered in cops.

the pub in walcha with the chinese restaurant is an awesome place to camp the night and a fucking nice feed too last australia day we went down and stayed at gingers creek which is right as u start heading into the twisty shit beautiful spot to stay but the fucken hippies that own the joint are trippers beating on bongo drums and shouting to the sky when there was a clap of thunder lol fucking funny and they feed u to fucking cous cous and beetroot salad vego snags but yet they own cattle there obviously they just let them die of old age lol

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    the coast road to newie and on to the thunderbolts is the way i go.

As much as i like the putty its a massive detour for me and you can jump on to the thunderbots just past raymond terrace which aint that far up the hwy.
    Stop for a beer and a feed in glouster then pump it to walcha. Just have to be careful though as there isnt any stops for gas much past glouster

Nobody has mentioned Bulahdelah.
    There is a nice bit of road that is well worth a visit on the way home from the Oxley...

I didn't end up down there on the weekend as we were talking to a couple of blokes who just rode up there from sydney and reckoned it was shit 3 lots of roadworks and rough as hell so we ended up just riding the nymboida loop on saturday and dorrigo half a dozen laps yesterday both of which I reckon are just as much fun as the oxley.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Nobody has mentioned Bulahdelah.
    There is a nice bit of road that is well worth a visit on the way home from the Oxley...
    mmm, that'd be wooton rd/raceway
    awesome road but watch out for when it has leaves on it, slippery fuckers!
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Weekend Warrior
    Well gentlemen, the question remains, When will this ride be taking place?

I can tell u the oxley isn't the most fun place in winter it seems like it takes all day for the road to dry out so if u want to do it I'd do it soon I'm up for it anytime so set a date folks.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    me and a few mates are heading up the oxley on the 13th, 14th of march... will be heading up the buckets way and onto thunderbolts to walcha, then arcoss the oxley... staying at gingers creek so we can get a few laps in of the fun part

if your on facebook search hunter valley tourers for details....

cant wait for some more knee down action up there.. magic bit of road

hey pezz give us a yell bud 0409527149 we'll try to get down there and see what it's like

Pezz, I just visited the facebook link and requested to join.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    will call you monday.... farkin nightshifts eat man meat

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    done... invite sent

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    sorry for not getting back to you... forgot all about it...
    if your keen call me on 0428867186
    will be leaving saturday morning at 8am from newcastle
    if you want to book accom at gingers call them and add yourself to the booking under the name cross

cheers

I have to work both days so I won't get there would like to get down and have a beer or 10 with some of you

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    bugger....

i'm always keen for a good ride.... get pleanty of days off being a shift worker
    just post up a run that suits you...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast