Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 03gixxerpilot's '90 gsxr 1100 progress report

Bloke with a smaller stick 03gixxerpilot's Avatar

03gixxerpilot's '90 gsxr 1100 progress report

http://streetfighters.com.au/forum/t...?TOPIC_ID=3663

Boots has decided to sell his '90 gsxr 1100 it comes with all original parts ( farings, twin exhaust, headlights, etc ie all the gear to get it road worthy ) it has resently had the bottom end rebuilt, Runs consisent 10.40 @ 131mph
    asking price $4000 ONO

If you have questions in reguards to this bike please send me an pm/email and i'll find out the answers for you and get back to you

The bike is in Townsville and you will have to make arangments for the transport, we can put it on a pallet and take it to the transport depot of your choice in Townsville

Cheers Clive

[]no intrest has been showen in the sale of the bike and i needed one for the road, it has got all the road gear to go with it so i made an offer which he accepted, so i now have to put it back on the road ( which will happen this week ) a new set of tyres and a way we go.

i have a spare set of 03 fairings witch i will fit to it for something diffrent. paint will have to wait a month or so but will be the only colour that matters ( black )
    Born again Juvenile delinquent

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Hey Clive, I think your little brother just joined up.
    See "newest member"

yep he my little brother jut got the net on so made him join didn't hae much choice in the matter.
    took the bike to the drags tonight for her lasr run as a drag bike, had some fun although im not very good at launching it, any ways it goes into the W/shop tomorrow for the de-drag treatment.

What time did you get ?

Good stuff Clive. You need to follow the example of your Uncle Chopa and do frame work while maggoted. Here's some of what is technically yesterdays effort.

Wayne-The drunken welder of Western Sydney.

Arr not so good as i used to be, wasent launching it real good ( 2.1 60' ) and ran 11.00

Progress report, this arvo i have got all the suspension back to where it should be ( in the bike ) and the front back to standard height -15mm, refitted all the inner guards etc on the rear, ( need to get some better rear fairings ) and have refitted the wireing harness and gotten every thing to work, all i need in respect to the wiring side of things is a tacho to suit.

If any one can help out with either the rear farings ( left and right sides ) or with a tacho to suit a 90 model i would appreicate it greatly.

Weekend Warrior
    Clive there's full '90 GSXR 750 bodywork on ebay at the mo....

plus I've got a spare front fairing and some of your old bits

Yer stevo the front ones are fine, and he won't seperate them, plus the rears he has also have the tabs broken of as well so i gain no advantage by getting them

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Got any progress pics clive

Hey mark, yer I'm getting the farings repaired and painted this week, and money permitting a new set of rubber for it and it will be road worthy and ready to register by next week, Im afraid that there is no mods or streetfighting going on with this bike, its got to get on the road as soon as possible for as little as possible,

[}] I GOT TO GET A BIKE TO RIDE ITS DRIVING ME NUTS NOT BEEN ABLE TO RIDE [}]

Weekend Warrior
    Now ya gone and bought one....

Mark is sellin my old 1216 now I've just resprayed it .... lookin about 5 1/2 with RWC

but ya coulda talked him down

Yey it a vey good bike to buy and in top nic, was considering it, but i got this one for a bargen, 4 1/5 less than Marks which leaves me a lot to spend on it if i want to, but would prefer to put the money into the bigbore kit for the fighter if you know what i mean.

Weekend Warrior
    So clive when are we going for a ride I will have to pop over this weekend on the Daytona so that you can have a look. You out at the track Sunday?

Cheers
    Paul

hoping to have it painted and ready for the road worthy by this week end andhave it regoed by nest week end yes we will be out the track this week end, i have orginised it so that i can get it every sunday ( but i will only do track days 3 out of every 4 weeks.) so to answer your question proberly not this week end but next one in 99% certian. yer come ova on the weekend i would love to have a look at the trumpy

Weekend Warrior
    I will be out on the bike Saturday morning if you aren't working friday night. I will give you a call anyway before I head over.

Cheers
    Paul

as usual things get side tracked and then you do more than you intend to do them and so this little project got a little out of hand, the bike has no ended up with an 03 GSXR 1000 USD but still fitted with the original '90 model front wheel, it also has the stearing dampener fitted just under the fairing bracket, a custom lead pipe to the muffler which is a titanium tri oval. i am in the process of painting the fairings at the moment but need to wait for a set of mirrors to be able to finish the painting.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo close and yet so farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    we will get there!!!

Weekend Warrior
    Fuck Clive... did ya see the date on ya first post..

You're nearly as bad as me ...

maybe if ya burned the midnight oil instead of yaself you'd get more done.... ROTFLMAO.....

fucken smartass

well after 6 months of no to little progress, in the last two weeks i have come leaps and bounds with the progress on this bike (mainly because i have no other transport LOL)

all i am waiting on is the wheels, they are getting painted and polished (painted inners and polished outers) then put it all back together.

NEEDS to happen befor the fools run as it is my transport down there so fingers crossed. should be done by end of next week.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    hope it all goes well mate and i will see you at AFaarrh

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast