Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gitzy's R1

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    looking good mate and if you want good lights you are better off buying projectors you can get hella ones for about $90 each i think from memory and they are easy to mount

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    [quote]Originally posted by Gitzy

I thought i'd have a crack at maybe making my own headlight, seen as though all the headlights i'd consider buying from various places around the world are priced from $450 to $700, I was considering trying to make a mould and having a crash course in fibre glassing.. so to kick things off i spent a whopping $35 at office works on 2kgs of white plasticine and some shaping tools.. bear in mind I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE.. so this is my first attempt.. comments welcome..

Use to do all that crap as a job, need any help you got my e-mail..

Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

looking good mate and if you want good lights you are better off buying projectors you can get hella ones for about $90 each i think from memory and they are easy to mount
    Ahh cheers mate might look into thems..

Blog Entries
    quote:
    Use to do all that crap as a job, need any help you got my e-mail..
    Ahhhh yes i forgot about that.. i may be calling on you for your expertise..

this is the unit i desperately want but at nearly $500, funds arent allowing at the moment, missus just lost her job.. so its plastecine time..

Blog Entries
    Postman came today, 2003 R1 Black forks, i was going to go later model with radials but funds wouldn't permit
    at the moment so i'm happy with 03 set.. think i might paint the calipers gloss black too, i'm not a fan of the blue dot on them..

Great nick, only mark on them was this and i'll tidy that up in no time...

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Niiice! Game on brother!

Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Niiice! Game on brother!
    Game over for now mate , till the lady gets a job, then its ON like donkey kong...

Hey Gitzy, how come u replacing the engine cover? Is the old one damaged?? How bad if so?

Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by wackyrider

Hey Gitzy, how come u replacing the engine cover? Is the old one damaged?? How bad if so?
    Hey Wack, left side stator cover and right side oil pump cover are both a little grazed,
    got another oil pump cover to paint, and a new stator cover.. just trying to freshin it up a little..
    did you want em mate?

ASF Premium Full Member
    Blog Entries
    Any progress on that lamp unit fella? Interesting stuff.

Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

Any progress on that lamp unit fella? Interesting stuff.
    so far not much mate, I'm going to take lights off the R1 and mount a board on there and try and construct it from scratch i think, bit like below... this one is of the Showyomoto boys making the Iron Man headlight.. no harm in trying, if it worked for them hey..

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    You been put on hold for a while? bummer man...

With ya headlight project you could shape it out of foam, then glass it, dig the foam out of the back and that way you don't have to worry about a mould.. just think'in out loud. and I resized my foto's

Cheers.

quote:Originally posted by Gitzy

Hey Wack, left side stator cover and right side oil pump cover are both a little grazed,
    got another oil pump cover to paint, and a new stator cover.. just trying to freshin it up a little..
    did you want em mate?
    Bike was down on the left side when i got it, and the marks are pretty deep. How bad is yours? and how much do u want for it? Also how much was the gasket for it?

Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by Flukyluke

You been put on hold for a while? bummer man...

With ya headlight project you could shape it out of foam, then glass it, dig the foam out of the back and that way you don't have to worry about a mould.. just think'in out loud. and I resized my foto's

Cheers.

Yeah sucks a little mat, but we'll get back on our feet (hopefully), and its go time..

Man I really really just want to buy the light I want but at nearly $500 I'll give anything a shot.. not sure i'm confident with either method (foam or plasticine) still got lots of edumaciting to do.. but i'll be winging it i think.. need to do more research.. do you know if you can just buy little fibreglass kits?? and were do i get some of this foam? cheers mate..

Blog Entries

Mines not in the best shape either Jules, but your welcome to have it and give it a spray with maybe some putty and paint.. I just took easy option and got new one.. theres some nice billet ones on fleabay too.. My gasket was $8 from Us i think but i got it with all my other clutch parts and gaskets.. here i think there about $19. When I replace the cover, pm me your address and i'll send the cover to you if its in better shape use it if not bin it.. no good to me..

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hey, any of the surfboard shops, i'm talking about where they make'em not where you buy'em should be able to help you out with resin and glass, they may not have chopstrand, just 4oz or 6oz. Also foam, just ask if they have any nose or tail offcuts, they get them all the time and there should be some that you could use. If you can't get any, let me know and i'll post one down.

Cheers.

Blog Entries
    Nothing major.. but mailman came today with my 01 Swingarm in heaaaps better nick than the one i got.. mines got a little dint on one brace and a gouge on one of the welds and im a fussy fooker so i found this on US ebay $80, granted $120 shipping but $200 for a mickey mouse swinger im rather chuffed, all the parts are starting to pile up, need to start working on her i think..

good score gitzy

ASF Premium Full Member
    Blog Entries
    Get stuck in son!!! []

Blog Entries
    Not much to update.. But just got home to some mail.. a awesomely awesome quality BXP brake resi.. Cheers Ben..

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast