Thread: New guy in the Lowwood area .

New to Streetfighters

New guy in the Lowwood area .

Hi All, Just moved to Queensland from Sydney. I ride a Black Speed Triple and I'm Currently staying at my parents place at Lowood for the moment. Just wondering if any members on here are located nearby and could tell me of any good rides in the area. My Dad told me about Mount Glorious so I rode over it to Brisbane on the weekend. A great road, and the cafe up the top is cool too. Got a feeling its gonna be hard to beat.

But you locals got any other suggestions for an interstater?

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    There are a few members that are in the Ipswich area. Keep an eye out on here for arranged rides. Im just up the road in the Brassall area.

welcome mate. to be honest theres rarely rides posted here lol, everyone is building their bikes lol!
    sent ya an email.

cheers.joe.

New to Streetfighters
    quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

welcome mate. to be honest theres rarely rides posted here lol, everyone is building their bikes lol!
    sent ya an email.

cheers.joe.
    LOL. Thanks Guys

Welcome mate, there are alot of nice mountain ride around that area.
    Ladies and Gentelmen, take my advise. "Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Am thinking of going for a ride around summerset dam etc this Saturday if you want to tag along... Details will be confirmed asap

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Try Fernavale, across the back of Glorious, Split yard Creek, Somerset Dam, Esk, Malaney, Kennilworth, Gympie.

Or Glorious, down to Samford, Over Mt Mee, Woodford, Malaney,
    Kennilworth, Gympie etc.

(I dont bother much with Glorious, too many cop's and numb nuts,
    there are better roads about, its just handy for the city and folk who stay local)
    Another ASF member got banned riding up there recently.

Or cut back to Ipswich and go Peaks Crossing, Boohna, Beaudesert,
    Tamborine, Beachmont, Advance Town, Twin Pines, Natural arch etc.

ASF isnt big on its "rides".
    If you have no luck post up again. There a a few local forum's that
    ride every weekend. Various paces / distances to suit all.
    We've personaly slowed our pace down a little recently
    (in an attempt to save my last points)
    but average 550-650k local day rides if your interested.

Blog Entries
    welcom mate im down the road near jakam . fuck isnt there some houses going up out yr way lol

New to Streetfighters
    quote:Originally posted by jakam04

Am thinking of going for a ride around summerset dam etc this Saturday if you want to tag along... Details will be confirmed asap
    Thanks heaps for the offer, but family stuff is gonna keep me out of action this weekend.

Thanks Guys

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    It's a bit of a ride but Tamborine Mountain is in the Gold Coast Hinterland and offers some great rides, Eagle Hights and out towards Beaudesert. Stop for a cold one at the Bearded Dragon (live music?? on a Sunday lunchtime and decent food)

quote:Originally posted by evil zed

It's a bit of a ride but Tamborine Mountain is in the Gold Coast Hinterland and offers some great rides, Eagle Hights and out towards Beaudesert. Stop for a cold one at the Bearded Dragon (live music?? on a Sunday lunchtime and decent food)

I live about 10min from the bottom of tambo, the new bitumen is pretty awesome but she's all over in about 4min (thats what she said.. last night.. *Sob*). but yeah not bad if u wanna get up n check the joint out - stop for a meal, cold one. soo many pensioners n old trucks goin up the hill tho - I used to get stuck behind the fkn highschool buses on the way down in the avos - saw some boobs once tho that was mad.

Nebo/glorious is about as good as it gets for long rides with decent bends, I'm heading out thru maroon dam, boonah, and over the ranges tomoro (Saturday)
    Been months since I was on the bike! bit of a goat track but the longer the ride the better I reckon!

Been meaning to get out to some of the other routes mentioned above.

if your goin tambo, head over beachmont as well and get a good run out of it. I'm always keen for a spin too so let me know.