Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discriminated against yet again

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Discriminated against yet again

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...2-3102,00.html

And the motorcycling groups agree with this? Glad I'm not a member of any of them then cause even though I'm a tea-totaller I thinkthis is a reactionary solution which won't work anyway. The reality is in the majority of cases the motorcyclist isnt the at fault party yet we're the ones being targetted because smart decisions such as Zero for ALL Motorists won't gain the govt any popularity.

Well Fuck You Anna Blight you cunt, introduce REAL consequences for these cage driving fuckers like jail for cleaning up a motorcyclist and being found at fault. Make them have to start looking out for us. That may just lower the road toll. Or just fuck off out of politics altogether and get back in the kitchen where from all the news media hype around your Master Chef Appearance you obviously belong, and let some cunt with half a brain run the state. Oh I forgot there isn't anyone in the Labor Party who fits that bill...

I knew one of those QLD motorbike fatalities as did a couple of other people on here that I know of and he was killed when he hit a fucking big pothole that riders had been complaining about with no result until a nice bloke washed out the front wheel and went under an oncoming car with no alcohol in him now how the fuck is zero alcohol gonna stop that

United Motorcycle Council of Queensland ??? are they a government appointed group or a motorcyclist lobby group.
    A huge part of motorcycle culture is catching up with mates and having a beer together, and while i agree getting pissed and riding is not a good idea and should be discouraged 0 bac is typical knee jerk, under thought out regulations were seeing so much of lately......

Weekend Warrior
    That bitch can go get fucked. Its time for a revolution.
    That Terry Walker fuckwit can eat shit too.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    RFIDs to help prevent speeding?

lol

A zero limit is total bull shit hey! Fuck knee jerk reactions give me the shits! It seems to be getting to the point where, if these laws are passed, more & more people will give up on bikes... Which I guess works jst fine for them, but would be a gr8 shame!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    We can talk about it in a forum all we like and their legislation will pass with ease.
    What we need to organise a rally against this bitch and her ideas. After all, who knows motorcyclist better then us motorcyclists.
    Who wants to organise a rally ride to parliament in protest to these ideas and to present them with some ideas of our own?

quote:Originally posted by Booster

United Motorcycle Council of Queensland ??? are they a government appointed group or a motorcyclist lobby group.
    http://www.umcinc.com.au/page/about.html

Interestingly, they appeared to have been formed as a lobby group against the anti-gang laws. Funny how they would support zero alcohol considering their stance on "rights".

RFID chip i'm fine with.. i've got a few strong magnets lying around

Zero alcohol is fucking RETARDED.. it's an INSULT to adult riders to be treated like kids. A few beers on a friday night, and you're over zero until SUNDAY.. there's no way this will pass. Then again, i've said that about a lot of bullshit that's happened in this country in the last few years.

quote:Originally posted by evilkarl

We can talk about it in a forum all we like and their legislation will pass with ease.
    What we need to organise a rally against this bitch and her ideas. After all, who knows motorcyclist better then us motorcyclists.
    Who wants to organise a rally ride to parliament in protest to these ideas and to present them with some ideas of our own?

I'm in. I'll drive the support uterus for the Hardly's LMFAO.

No really I'm in. It's about time we got something like this happening, then maybe that stupid cunt will realise we vote.

Well like anything political, we need to state what we disagree with in full, and have an alternative policy.
    No point apposing these ideas if we don't have some answers ourselves, that's is why the opposition is in taters.

I'll organise it, put a site up, lobby up support and help organise a protest bike rally, but I'll need help preferred from someone with half a brain on legal matters.

What sort of legal matters are you anticipating dramas with?

I'm not too bad at researching if you need help there I have more than enough downtime with work to be able to scour the web searching for stuff. And since I have a vested interest in this (even as a non drinker I feel I should be entitled to the same rights as those who drive cars whilst on my bike) I'm more than happy to help anyway I can.

I'll do what I can as well. A flat zero BAC is fucking ridiculous. To effectively stop us from being able to have a few beers on a friday night, then go for a ride on saturday morning, is WRONG. Even though i'm in NSW, this sort've law spreads.

I want to see statistics on how many motorcycle accidents were due to the rider being drunk.. that'd be a good place to start researching arguments against this bullshit. Also, comparison stats for the amount of people caught drink-riding vs drink-driving, so that if it comes in, it can at least cover car drivers too.. (then you can guarantee a HUUUUGE fight from the cagers, which should get the law kicked out)

quote:Originally posted by Large

lol
    That would be soooo good, I think i'll go line up now so i can get the 1st one.

quote:Originally posted by scotty

quote:Originally posted by Large

lol
    That would be soooo good, I think i'll go line up now so i can get the 1st one.

Yep, it's nothing a roll of alfoil won't fix. Then again open it up, remove the chip, close it up again. How many different ways do you want to tamper with it?

I'll sign up for one IF they provide me with FREE travel on all the toll roads I choose to travel on as a result of participating in their scheme. And I'll be shipping my RFID straight down to the boys in Sydney and Melbourne to run up tolls down there on the State Govt. I mean really all they want is for us to carry an Etag transponder whilst riding. So how do they plan on retrofitting said devices to our bikes? And another question I have is this - If my mate died in June can I register for one in his name and run up the fines on him? After all, he isn't really going to need his demerit points anymore. And who gets the fine - is the device registered to a riders licence or the plate on the bike?

Nope, we need to start fighting the tyrannical oppressive State Government asnd their imbecilic actions otherwise we'll wake up one day and discover that we're living in what amounts to a concentration camp. Qld is already too close to a dictatorship for my liking based on the fact that we don't have a State Senate so the empowered Govt. has almost a free reign to impose whatever they choose at their leisure. And the people wonder why they dictate stupid shit to us continually....

I agree this stinks, but you get what you vote for and the Labor party is famous for being a nanny style government I really cant understand how we let these fuckers run our lives, time for a change right across this country, the Labor party is corrupt to the core.

I dont mean to turn this political, but you need to find out the other parties stance on this matter as well, sometimes it's easier to jump into bed with them and use their clout to help your cause.

cheers GK.

I wanna fuckin be part of this protest, I dont drink so doesnt affect me but I'm just about fed up with the stupid fucking shit thats being passed as laws around here.

Heres a few things I'd like to choke a PM down to the ground and spit at them.

TAKE THE CHEESE GRATER WIRE FENCES OFF THE HIGHWAYS
    MAKE ALL DRIVERS OF ANY VEHICLE TAKE A MOTORCYLE AWARENESS TRAINING COURSE.
    LIFE BAN FOR DRINK DRIVING IN/ON ANY VEHICLE.
    LIFE BAN FOR TAILGAITING MOTORCYCLISTS/or nominate rider to kick them in the mouth.
    LEGALISE LANE SPLITTING
    FIX YA FUCKIN SHIT ROADS
    BAN MOPEDS FROM ROADS WITH SPEED LIMITS ABOVE 60kph.
    BAN GOLD WINGS - THEY ARE GAY!
    UTILISE ACTUAL EFFECTIVE POLICING METHODS IN REGARDS TO SPEEDING MOTORISTS.

etc...

Wonder if it will make the news, if everyone announces to everyone else on the other bike forums, clubs etc, that theres a protest organised or something.
    I wanna see tear gas people.. TEAR GAS!!

But seriously I'm fucking in. I'l even make up a huge sign on a stick!

YEAH, I'M IN!!! (if the weather is fine)

I'm in but I'm with suxuki if we're riding to canberra can we do it in summer cos I don't like riding in the cold

I got my MR license and its Zero. So I reckon if this bitch wants to make it Zero for bike's aswell it should be the same for cars.. 1 law for everyone.
    Ladies and Gentelmen, take my advise. "Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast