Thread: I got me a donor bike, yeehaa

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

I got me a donor bike, yeehaa

She's a bit messed up but it's got most of the bits I need (motor, carbs, elecs etc)

http://services.manheimfowles.com.au...aspx?m=2679058

I'll need to find an exhaust for it but the wheels and calipers should pay for that

Now I just need to get it home and it's off to the shed too let the build commence. One bandit-engined, slingy wheeled and SRAD sprung slabbie coming right up

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Sweet! Bring it on Disco!

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    What did you end up paying DD?

By the time I paid the commissions and a dozen extra levies it came in at $900. It will cost $250 to freight it to Sydney (thanks for the lead Rexie) so a bit under $1200 all up, about a dollar per CC. Given the prices I was seeing for a motor alone I'm pretty happy with that. If it turns up and the motor's fucked then I won't be quite as happy

Fuckin OUCH!

Nice price for the bike though - it must have been running pretty well when it hit whatever it hit [:0]

quote:Originally posted by DiscoDan

I'll need to find an exhaust for it but the wheels and calipers should pay for that
    The front wheel is not repairable Dan & I'd reckon the discs will be bent too after an impact like that.

Weekend Warrior
    ouch indeed looks like the front of my sv, but it didnt get any tank damage.

quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

quote:Originally posted by DiscoDan

The front wheel is not repairable Dan & I'd reckon the discs will be bent too after an impact like that.
    yeah, the wheel looks toasted. I'll have a good look when it turns up. I might end up with a decent battery out of it though

Weekend Warrior
    Good Luck with it.
    If you wanna sell that Exhaust for a few bucks give me a yell I am looking for something to chop up.

Those dents in the tank scare me.. haha.. dude's never having kids

Picked it up today. As expected the front end is completely fucked. From the engine back is pretty much untouched and most importantly the engine looks to be in great nick. The cheap bugger was running on bald tyres, I was hoping to get a set off it for rego at least. The aftermarket exhaust in the picture isn't on it though, some bastard's swapped it for a stock unit so I'm on the blower now

Over the next few weeks I'll strip it down and post what is up for grabs

Weekend Warrior
    awesome buy mate!! don't worry most of it will buff out anyways!

fark thats got to be a nut extraction [:0]....did the guy survive it[?] either way full steam ahead on the re-build mate,another bandit

Update on the missing exhaust: it turns out the owner had it removed without the insurance companies permission whilst it was in the tow-truck yard, cheeky bugger. He's still in hospital in a bad way (I was wondering how he was) so they're not going to take it up with him to recover it.

They've slung me $200 worth of gift card to make up for it. Whilst it's not what the can's worth new I'm not complaining as I have another can anyway, it's beer money. I guess that means the whole thing cost me $1,000 which I'm happy with