Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My gpz9r fighter

I'm cruising through mate, how's yourself? Still playing in the force.

And yes I'm out of Roies, that's why I'm riding so much atm, no 'girlfriends' anymore [:0]

Actually Pizz, how did you mount the rad/cooler? I just made up a discrete u-bracket, but you can still see some of it. (I'll take some pics in the next day or 2)

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    f'n A!

very nice bike pisser, great work, congrats

cheers.joe.

Still playing but gotta do alot of shit before i dive into it and make a career for myself

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Chalky the way the rad-oil cooler mounts was easy after a few attemps.Iam a plumber by trade so i got some 10mm steel tube and used my tube benders to bend up the brackets.They mount through the original holes on the rad-oil cooler with the rubber sleaves then bolt up with a nut to still allow for some vibration.I will try to get some close up pictures of them as it is easier to explain.I have not got a camera so it could take some time.I knew you would shit can the clip-ons as soon as you saw them,straight bars soon maybe.Love your bike fuck i bet she turns some heads!.

Here's couple of pics of my bracket. Constructed from 10mm steel rod and 3.5mm metal strip, from Bunnings. And my first go with an arc welder.
    It's basically a squared off U-shape with brackets that mount on the lower part of the frame rail (where the fairing bracket bolted on) and runs down to just above the cooler mounting points, across and back up. Theres a cross member supporting the radiator as well. Another strip of 1.5mm metal runs from the radiator filler mounting point (behind steering stem) and down to a mount at the top/middle of the radiator.
    I got to play with my grinder heaps , mainly tidying up the dodgy welds [:I]
    I don't have anything like pipe benders, so I just went for rod, a hammer, and a vice.
    Works surprisingly well.
    I'll take the bike out this arvo and get some decent (distant) shots of it.
    Then go find some rellacement tubes for my carby balance unit and redo the carbs, they feel like they've gone right out of whack.

PS that muck all over them is coolant, I shoulda waited a bit longer before checking the radiator level.[B)]

Check here for a frontal shot, I'll add in the side ons later.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...?TOPIC_ID=3570

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Chalky this is one of the brackets.

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Chalky sorry about the size of the pictures iam not good with these computers still learning how to use them.I hope the pictures are ok to see what i have done.I saw the picture of your bike when you were coming up the street it looks tough,i would love to see the look on people's faces with that in their mirrors.

Pivs look fine mate, and very tasty work there, brackets look factory. Mine was much more of 'yeah she'll be right mate' effort.

And they don't get much time to see me in their mirrors . But they hear me go past (I like to get nice and tight on a fly by). Just love the way the old 9's launch from any speed.

I was coming through Civic the other day, not watching the road (for obvious reasons) and had to lock her up and come in sideways for some twat who stopped for an orange light. These labourer types standing in a driveway started giving me crap, so since I was already pointed in their direction I just dropped the clutch and sent'em diving as I smoked it up and launched at'em. Thankfully it was a drive way for the local bus station with an exit out the other side.

I think I should be taking Prozac or summat sometimes.

Weekend Warrior
    Looks great....Not many of those around here any more

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hi guys i have not posted for a while so i thought i would tell you what i have planned for the kwaka over winter.I have got a 2000mdl zx12r motor/pipes/loom/radiator etc with only 4100km on it.I realise this isnt a easy thing to put into a gpz frame ie carby angles but jaffa and myself will sought this out hopefully.I have everything to run the motor except the dash,does anybody know if it will run without it[?].I will post up some progress pics on the weekend.Thanks guys.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    looks good pizz, definately has some good rubber under it. exhaust work is top notch as well. You staying with that stock light? im glad its not as deep as the gpz750, mine had 4 miles or wired in the back of the light. Good luck with that 12r swap and take lots of pictures!

Yeah, motor'll run without the dash, it's not part of ther ECU system. Doesn't the zx12 motor mount at the crank case level? Gonna need a cage for the front engine mounts methinks.

oh and keep the clipons!! it will handle much better that way, you dont need to be sitting any higher with a 12r motor

and there is no cradle for the motor, its a stressed member of a 12frame, there is a serious backbone to a 12 frame though. Make sure you brace your back bone heavily!!! cant stress that enough.

Go for drag bars, better control than clip ons, and similar height.

Good to know about the motor Shift, there aren't too many options available for the 9.

Mate as chalky said it'll run without the dash - my 12r runs an aftermarket one. If you are interested tho I have a 12r dash sitting here in reasonable condition that I may be willing to part with

Good luck with the build - I've got a GPZ myself. Maybe after seeing yours the 900 will go in the 12r and the 1200 in the gpz...

I was thinking about doing that with a GPZ1000RX that I saw for sale last week. The 900 motor for the stock RX tourer and the 1000 for the streetfightered 900R.

you could always do a turbo 900 like that, would be alot less work and more power if you do it right

chalk, there arent many motors out there now that arent integrated into the frame in some manner. It does make motor swaps interesting, especially since the case and cylinders are all at +90degrees unlike the older muscle bikes. I think a zx10(old) motor or gpz11 are going to be the easiest big motor swaps and by no means straight forward. as far as new motors go the zx12 isnt tilted as far forward as some but i believe its alot taller. i did find some cool pictures.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast