Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surt's Honda Civic Cafe Racer! (Russia)

Blog Entries

Surt's Honda Civic Cafe Racer! (Russia)

Here's a mad one from a mad character as well. He goes by the name of Surt in his email (which I'm sure is meant to be Surtr), how do I know that? Because he claims to come from the realm of Múspellsheim (a norse mythological realm of fire). Anyway, here's his story....

"A 100% HOME-MADE Cafe-racer/street-fighter with Honda Civic 1335 engine and a home-made transmission. Specs: Engine: Inline four-cylinder 4-stroke SOHC 8 valves 1335cc 69hp; Bore & Stroke 72x82; Compression Ratio 8.8; Liquid cooled, carburated Transmission: 4-speed home-made, 3 shafts from Ural; Primary drive two 2-rowed chains; a single disc. dry type clutch, a home-made slave clutch cylinder; Final Drive 525 Chain (from Honda CBR600RR). Rake and Trail:24°/100mm. Wheel Base: 1485mm Frame: a home-made full duplex type. Seat Height: 850mm. Front Suspension: Modified Ural forks, Home-made tripples, 130mm. Rear Suspension: a home-made swing arm and a monoshock (made from Honda City shock-adsorber and a spring from some Accord), full-float, 135 mm Front Brake: a home-made 390mm rotor. Rear Brake: a home-made 246mm disc. Front wheel: home-made with 120/70-16 tyre. Rear wheel: home-made with 170/70-15 tyre. Fuel Capacity: 20l, a modified tank. Dry Weight: appr. 213kg, 49% front & 51% rear wheel weight ratio. It took 4 years and $1000 to build the bike. Also I had to get employed in a military plant to have a way to their equipment. Now the bike is being converted (by me, sure) into fuel injection, EDIS and turbocharged. Also now I'm out to emigrate to Australia, therefore looking for job opportunities in a custom bike building shop."

This guy is talented and probably slightly mad. I like it.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    That's a hell of a lot of work for 69 horsies.
    Yeah I think "a bit mad" covers it nicely!

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    definitely the sort of guy i'd like to get pissed with and talk shit with at an AFR!

thats insane, but for some reason i demand MORE PICS
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    biggest fork brace I've ever seen

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    the man has issues but i like it

ha ha he should have kept it front wheel drive and auto. Thats just plain kooky. Can't wait to see the blown variant

quote:Originally posted by Large

biggest fork brace I've ever seen
    Considering the strands of spaghetti he is using as forks, he needs all the help he can get.

Weekend Warrior
    thats mental.

I wonder if i could do the same with my mazda 121 engine

Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
    G'day mates! Yep I'm Surt, or Surtur, or Surtr, or even Chort, in different toungues. The Naglfar is mine. Actually, my head is in Muspelheim and my feet in Russia.
    Sure, I'd rather use some V6 3.5l, but the Civic engine was what I had by my hand (and I've still got two more, sure I have some ideas on using them). When I saw it first time I wondered: hell, it's so small, I'll set it on a bike. 69bhp you say, there torque rules in the street! Building a custom bike with a bike engine is much easier, still not so tough. I'm crazy about 'autocycles' as we call them in Russia.
    And it's quite easy to build a bike like mine with a HARLEY transmission, but I've made it myself on a CHC machines and lathes. A shift drum was the hardest part, I worked it out with a drill and files.
    Don't blame me for using spaghetti forks, I was too short of money those days (and I didn't plan any turbo). Now I gonna use buell forks and wheels, a busa radiator, a ducati monoshock and links, also I'm gonna make an alu tank and new titanium swingarm.
    Having a hobby ain't being lunatic, waitin' round to be a millionaire is what really makes me mad!
    More pics here:
    http://foto.rambler.ru/users/rafrrirr/2/

Weekend Warrior
    wot drugs were you on when you thought of this?? and will you share them? hat off to you surts!

very cool. thats interesting. Tail section is nice! good work!

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    you need to call it the Honad

honad? what's that? her name is Naglfar - Honda Evil (comes from civic). The tail is made from alu with ti-cover, a led tail light, a stop light, and blinkers. its weight 1250g, its subframe weight's 2kg, the bloody frame spoils the pic. Outta weld a titanium one some day. Drugs? Why drugs?! Turn on death metal and start working!!!

Blog Entries
    Got any more photos mate?

You mean, more than one or new pics on http://foto.rambler.ru/users/rafrrirr/2/ ? Right now the bike's taken apart in my room. The IC's redone and polished. Finishing with the intake (skunk sucks!), started with a new titanium header and an alu tank (have to made an english wheel first). I'll make some photos next week.
    Would anybody explain what "kooky" means?

Kooky means a bit "pleasantly silly"
    I went to your photo site Surt. I'm impressed with the amount of engineering you've put into this project mate. An amazing amount of effort.Congrats.
    How much torque does the #onda engine make?

Weekend Warrior
    Respect,,,nuf said

Jake

Weekend Warrior
    Respect,,,nuf said

Jake

Bloody nice!!
    I Fackin' love it!!

If you are coming to Brisbane and want a job....phone or email me!!!

Cheers.

I'll dyno her when I turbo her... Her original torque is unknown (no data from honda). But I've found an info on honda jazz, it has 110 N·m (81 lbf·ft) @ 2800 rpm, I believe mine's got smth around that... Thanks pommychopper, I'd really love to join when I become a new chum . I've seen and pretty liked yer bikes and trikes, especially impressed with their quantity, as well as quality, they usually take every minute you have and still years and years. Thanks everyone mates!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast