Thread: Re-Gassing ZZR1100 rear shock

Re-Gassing ZZR1100 rear shock

Anyone know how to do it?

Got one today, but I don't think it has any gas.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Laurie at Suspension Smith in Isa st Fyshwick,in the units behind the Bakery.
    Should be able to set it up for your bike as well.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Laurie Smith - 13 Isa St Fyshwick . 0407 903 652
    (found it)

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Take it to anywhere that has nitrogen Chalkenheimer, last time I replaced an O ring in a reservoir, I took the shock to the local suspension guy to gas it & he told me anyone with a nitrogen cylinder can do it, it's just a Schrader type valve fitting, same as your tyre valves. All he did was connect the cylinder to the shock & opened the bottle valve all the way, he reckons there's no special volume or pressure to set it to, just fill it up!
    Actually, it might be wise to call a suspension guy & ask if it has to be any special grade of nitrogen for shocks.
    GPZs are quite heavy mate, it could be worth gassing it with helium to lighten it up a tad. [)][)][)] [B)]
    If you want to check if it has gas in it or not, take the spring off & push the piston through its stroke, if it returns to fully extended by itself, it's got gas in it , if the shock stays fully compressed, it's emty [V].

Thanks guys. I figured that the Gas was a bit low when I had to loosen the hose connector, in order to get it around a frame rail, and didn't hear any gas escape.
    And the GPz has been on a diet (but not rider TubbyKat, it's down to around 200 Kilo's now. And let's face it old chap, you're lightweight sports bike couldn't even get away from what is effectively it's fat old Grandfather! Or is that you're bike is only up to the 'crawling before walking stage' youngster.

You riding to StraightLiners? Wouldn't mind a chance to play on the roads again. In fact it's the ride up and back that I'm looking forward to more than the drags themselves.

Weekend Warrior
    Hey Chalk,

If you can stretch the budget to a gold valve emulator, you will be amazed at how much difference it makes.

quote:Originally posted by God

Hey Chalk,

If you can stretch the budget to a gold valve emulator, you will be amazed at how much difference it makes.
    Que? Que?

Waddafuck's one o' them God (Im not omniscient like yourself mate ) and how much do they cost?

If they're too much how do you feel about having a bit of a nod at this week's Tatts for me maaate?

Weekend Warrior
    Hey Chalky,

http://www.suspensionsrus.com.au/200...=72&Itemid=358

It cost a motza when I had me old zzr11 done by promecha in Melbourne for new springs & gold valves front & rear but it transformed the handling of the old bus.

Re: lotto. done.

Don't have time before the run, but will definitely look at doing it after. Thanks mate