Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Precision engineering

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    WTF! Never seen a lens distort to that extent! & even with the grid n ruler the hub is still not straight...
    Do I hear anyone say VFR swinger? Pick one up for about $500 complete!
    Sorry Diablo but a yes a chopshop u r n that it seems is about it! :C

Weekend Warrior
    quote:$7749.52 Aussie dollars! What an absolute bargin.
    F*ck, I think if you offered Bob Martins boys 7.5K I think they would trip over themselves to do it

Ditto on the swingarm pivot to tube treatment it should formed down to finish it of

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    8 grand almost...

Decent gixxer right there

quote:Originally posted by Chris41

quote:$7749.52 Aussie dollars! What an absolute bargin.
    F*ck, I think if you offered Bob Martins boys 7.5K I think they would trip over themselves to do it

Ditto on the swingarm pivot to tube treatment it should formed down to finish it of
    Bob Martins shop is closed up, do you know what Steve is up to these days?

did you not read diablo's post weasel that's $8k minus 10% discount if you mention the post where we are only taking the piss out of him mate that's $7200 now we're talking business

Weekend Warrior
    He does go to some historic meets Gibbo. I remember they said they thought of closing cos of all the government BS. That is a pity.

New to Streetfighters
    The arm is straight, the photo with the grid was to help show the slower among us the effects of the lens distortion.
    The price includes the Swing Arm, Custom Wheel up to a 360, Tire, Chain(s), Hub, axle, Bearing(s), brake calipers, brake lines, rotor.
    Like it or not, it's a good value and a well made product. Surely the whole of this board is not represented by the those quick to cry out sour grapes as they want but can't have; I do have to thank them for helping us reach new customers. There's already been one among you who's claimed the 10% discount and ordered a 300 set up for a 'busa. Maybe he'll share pix when the bike's done, or maybe you'll all figure it out, he said they aren't as popular there as here.
    Best of luck to all, and the 10% discount offer still stands. [}]

quote:Originally posted by diablo

Surely the whole of this board is not represented by the those quick to cry out sour grapes as they want but can't have
    Oh u cant be serious mate! [xx(]

looks ghey and way overpriced

Get your hand off ya cock bloke, seriously, you must have two cocks cause you can't be that fucking stupid pulling just one!!!

No-one is crying sour grapes, they've just been commenting on your over priced dodgy work and typical seppo bling (love your work by the way, 2nd year apprentice metal fab right??), where are the finished products and unaltered photos?
    You've waltzed in here without so much as an introduction or a g'day and started insulting people then start trying to flog off your <s>goods</s> shit, fucking top marks for PR and sales pitch[:X]

Here is an idea for you....fuck off back to egay and continue trying to rip off those dopey fools in good 'ol US of gAy

diablo the way it works here is you send one to gix11 for nix and he does a report on it so we can all save up our dollars and buy one

Mate that rusty piece of shit u call precision engineering would never fly here hey!

[Disclaimer] I have almost no mechanical apptitude. I am not the sharpest tool in the box at the best of times and I couldnt weld if my, my families and my pets lives depended on it.

Having said that.... have a look at the picture... even a dunce like me can see this grid is not even lined up square. So how you claim the grid proves the unit it straight when you havent even lined it up as square is beyond my tiny capcity for comprehension.

As for the claim about the lense. Well all I can say is stuff like induction moulding from photographed 3d models etc would never have worked in the history of engineering if cameras distorted images to the extent that it appears to in your picture. Ben would be out of business or riding some very crooked bikes lol.

So again I repeat... chances are everything I just typed is BS... but it seems pretty cut and dry looking at that grid.

As for $4500 ?? I dont think JMC even have a product that expensive do they lol ? [:I]

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    I dont like the look of the arm, its just the shape of it and the un finished ends at the pivot. But i do think it has welded by someone with skill, the welds do look good.. it just doesn't look like its finished and also looks rusty.. If you read the posts there have been a few people say its the lense that makes it look wack so dont go attacking everyone because you wont make friends with anyone.... To me it doesn't look strong enough to handle much power, prove me wrong.. Got any pics of a finished swinger mounted or is this a band new product? And the $$$$ are a hell of alot for what it is.... Im a toolmaker and know what it cost to build stuff

quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

quote:Originally posted by diablo

Surely the whole of this board is not represented by the those quick to cry out sour grapes as they want but can't have
    Oh u cant be serious mate! [xx(]
    Indeed....

Id be more likely to fit a fucken fairing that one of those swingers.... and we know what the chances of that are....[xx(]

And you reckon someone here is planning on fitting a 330 tyre to a busa ?

I guess we wont ever know who it was because its unlikely anyone here would do that and even less likely they would own up to it LOL

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    um hello? its steel, the welds are crap at best,nothing has been finished properly and he takes an advert pic of a rusty unpainted swinger that shows no sign of having been machined anywhere? tell u what, ill knock u up a replica for say $3500 or $3700 for a straight one,,, ill wait by the ph. oh man lmao

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    well as far as i know thats what these things are worth if you think its to dear then go and buy it all seperate this looks the same as the bikecraft ones (i think) and they cost around $9000-$10000 but there ones come with a front wheel aswell and you could have used a better pic mate that one looks like shit

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Show me the pic of it polished up and on a bike, or even better a vid of someone riding said bike. I assume that you've trial fitted the design before trying to flog it off on the unsuspecting (or in this case ever cynical) public?

My profession is in promotion and I'm an experienced cameraman.
    That photo does nothing except invite critism and scepticism because it looks odd to a trained eye or novice. Why leave doubt? Doubt is your enemy when it comes to promotion.

It's been photographed with a wide angle lense, on a point-and-click camera I suspect because they are wide angle as standard and the flash is close in proximity.

To improve the image and make it look straight without having to think about whether it's been wide angled or not, use a camera with a zoom lense at a greater distance away from the swingarm. You'll get a softer and more even flash with it as well.

Better still, take a picture of it mounted on a bike.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Blog Entries
    Gone very quiet State side, perhaps they are all in bed, or the penny has dropped they have picked yet another fight with yet another nation they cant win.

Fuckin Septic Tanks, dont ya just love em!!!!

Listen to Lucas mate, before you open your gob on this site you better show these lads some respect. There are blokes on here with more knowledge in their little fingers than you have shown so far.

Tread carfully Mate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast