Thread: New bars...maybe

New bars...maybe

Stole a set of Jarrods (jakam04) clip-on's off the ZX9R sitting in his garage and whacked them on the 14 for interests sake. I was looking for the look of a medern version of an old naked salt lake racer or similar. The riding position is stretched out compared to the old position but I was after looks so that doesn't bother me. I am not completely sold on the look but I am keen to carry the idea and might try some Woodcraft clip-on's if I can convince myself. Might look even more custom with a nice set of bars.

What do you think? (About the bike, not the socks!)

Blog Entries
    I guess the real crux is what is it like to ride now mate?

Took a few corners to get used to how twitchy it felt especially as the flat bars were sooo wide. Front wheel doesn't lift nearly as easily now though.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I think you need to build a rack for your surfboards....

I normally don't go for clip-ons, but I kinda like 'em on your 14.

+1 for clipons and a big 9" round headlight for the cafe look

i like the look , not some thing you expect to see a 1400 . extra weight over the front may improve your ET

Looks mint, i love clipons, they look angry, feel angry and make u want to ride really fucken fast..

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I don't mind the look but I recon the bars need to be a bit higher, could you drop the triples over the fork tubes enough to mount the clip ons above the top triple? or would this create clearance issues with the front wheel & oil cooler? It would sharpen the steering up a fair bit as well I would think.

Hey, I'm convinced. They are staying. As far as hieght, I am going to try and track down some SV1000 clip on's and see if they are a bit neater. These ones didn't fit around the top clamp, that's why they are a bit low. I like the low look though. Funky, I dnot know about a 9 inch light, that's huge. I have the twin Bates set up there and I am just going to texture coat them black I think.
    Surf board rack... they are on a rack, I'm just a messy bastard with too many boards[]

ASF Premium Full Member

Gratuitous pic of me, when the bike had clip-ons. Felt great on the track, and okay on the road. Absolutely shit when i had a pillion, though. Since i've had surgery twice on my wrist, I'm really glad i changed to renthals.
    I love the way they look on weasels xjr, and on your gsx. If it feels good, do it
    more titanium than my bike

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    i like that look alot but its not up to me its up to you mate

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Weekend Warrior
    A GSX1400.org member has this one I've always thought it looked classy.
    Go for it Frogger.

I like the look of clip-ons but I get uncomfy if I'm riding for longer than about 30 mins so I'm going renthal.

Went for a decent ride tonight and bloody love them. I don't know but I reckon I can feel the bike moving around more than with the other bars...it feels like I'm getting better feed back through the bars. Just gotta find some of my own so I can give jarrod his back on Sunday[^]