Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speeddemon's Bandit

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Here it is at work this morning..

Thanks Benny Boy - I like it veryyy much.. The only down side is now I have to clean the fooker!. I wanted a bit of a industrial look to it hence the checker and metallicy charcoal grey paint job. And dont worry it wont end up matt black!

Luv how the pipe is kicked up heaps and it sounds good when Ive got the baffle thingy out.

By the way I must really applaude the exben, and thanks all for the comments.

Little things other people dont think of like using my stock seat key tumbler in the dukes so that the seat and all rear plastics come off in 1 peice with the turn of a key and some wriggling.

The electrics and battery under the seat is mounted soooo well - real neat. As i said attention to little things count for me seeing im an engineer.

I wanted the dual seater with checker cause I can strap my little luggage bag to it to get to work and for the fools run, and hence it sits lower into the bike. And lets face it checker is cheaper than a seat cowl or duke seat!

Now just need that 1216 kit and im an extra happy chappy.

By the way:

The wife luvs it and now agrees that spending her savings was worth it! - and of coarse its 'safer' now (that excuse always works on em)

Speedy very happy...

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Hey Speedy what sort of Pod Filters are they mate ? And did you have to rejet to get em working ?

Thats very nice work you have done there speed/exben

Weekend Warrior
    1216 Kit... that's it! Go for it Demon....

The cost of a seat cowl and undertray for a bandit very much depends on where you shop.

If you want to listen to Dick Smith and buy Australian then your gonna pay through the nose and the ass at the same time, which dont matter to him coz he shits money.

My single seat conversion was $1300 in Australia I shopped around and it ranged from $1000 to $1400 for the exact same brand. I got it direct from the maker in Germany for $388 delivered to my door. Now thats just WRONG! No one minds business making a few bucks... but geez a grand on a $400 part.... very rude!

My undertray was $80 shipped to my door from Portugal and it was here in 5 days.. not 5 working days... 5 days from when I placed the order.

So firstly sorry for the thread jack and secondly Im not saying anything about anyones work or prices except that Im not rich and if I want the bits I have to shop carefully for them. With the cash I saved I could afford my crancase breather and cam oil feeders so I got a lot more bling for my buck.

I will be soon putting up a website about how the bandit went from beat up former stunt bike to sext streetfighter and listing the parts and suppliers for everyone to benefit from my research.

Razor - they are the BMC pods that Mat Maladin imports sell.

They are better than the 4 individuals as they sort of act like a small air box and better equilise pressure between carbs. Cost about $200 for the pair. good for wet weather too as the outer carbs can suck all more from around the inner carbs if teh outside is too wet - although ive never had a problem with that yet.

150 main 137.5 pilot (may drop to 135) yoshi stage 3 needles (although apparently stock bandits with the same jets work fine. 14.5mm float height - same as syock seems to work OK. Factory pro used a large pilot jet (40) with a 15mm float height but that was too rich still for me in summer, although would work well in winter.

I still think now that there is so much room at the back it makes the 180 seem like a 160. Maybe one day get a larger rim on so I can run a bit bigger tyre??

Thats excellent info thanks mate. Mine already has a BMC re-useable filter and a bunch of big holes drilled in the Airbox because it has a stage 3 dynajet kit... but I have no idea what the jet sizes and settings are, I guess I should go read a website or something before I start messing with it LOL.

Your pods look great and whole bike looks brilliant. I just love the gunmetal grey paint, that was my second choice in colour but my wife convinced me the purple I have gone for looks better with the yellow frame and now I have seen them together I can see she was right.

We are gonna have the hottest pair of Banditos in Oz mate and all before they become "trendy" which is gonna happen any day now... Still the most underated bike around.

Blog Entries
    Mate, they have been trendy for ages, and I don't want to disappoint you but there is one I know of being streetfightered to the max up here with a MV tail. He'll be along - sans MV tail to the Run. Have you considered lifting the pegs on that there Bandit of yours Demon? Give it more of a racing feel than a tourer? That's my one criticism of the bike it how low the pegs feel when riding them, and as for that spungy rubber mounting!!!!!

razor - I think the additional 2 inch hole mod in the stock airbox is meant to have about a 127 main with stock pilot jets, and shim the needle slightly. So if you have alot of holes you are somewhere in the 130's??

Pods also sound great with that induction under load! More importantly changing needle pos or jets now only takes about 5mins and no cursing while trying to get those shitty rubber boots on the carbs - that used to really piss me off - main reason for getting the pods.

Pegs are on the list Mr Gix - I do alot of ridin so I actually like the position as is - they just look shit.

Was thinking about using a MV carbon fibre rear that fits the duc sub-frame but too many $$ compared to the 996 plastics at the wrecker.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    I like that

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    i like the idea of having a "tray" on the bike,
    make it heaps easier to cart stuff around!!

how are those pegs mounted? did u weld tabs on or something?
    what are they off?

looks tits!!
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

You mean the crash pegs at the front of the frame? or those really expensive footpegs that emulate the stock suzuki footpegs in everyway but have that used look..

see bits for sale if you want my Yoshi billet Al pillion footpeg mounts - excellent condition.

Sex [8D]

Weekend Warrior
    lookin good, neat work Exben. Bet you are very pleased Speed.

Thanks again for that info Speed and Davo for the pics. I think we will give a set of those a go. Im one of these pussies that doesnt ride in the rain unless Im caught out in it so the normal pod concerns wont be an issue for me. They just look so racey I cant resist. Combined with the other engine bling I have organised its gonna be a hornilicious engine bay

Yeah Gix I know people like them... but I think they are set to explode as fighters and modified units in the next 1-2 years. considering you can pick up a 96-99 for like $5000 now... they are just such good value for anyone looking to get nekid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast