Thread: Hooligans new gear

ASF Premium Full Member

Hooligans new gear

I've bought some new gear recently since i ride every day. No pics, so google shit for yourselves.

Shark spartan carbon helmet.
    I bought this a couple months ago from the UK before they were released here. It is fucking awesome. 1290g, really quiet, internal sun visor, pinlock, vents that work, and no drag or buffeting. I got it for $550 aus or so delivered from get geared. Their delivery sucked, but in the end i got it safe and sound, it got lost in transit inside aus for a couple of days. Definitely an upgrade from the speed r.

Knox richmond jeans, had these for a couple of months, too.
    Since i ride everyday for work, kevlars with armour is important. I tried Bullits, but stitching was a bit shit. Draggins fit really well, but armour pocket weren't quite right i had to where Leatt knee armour instead of using the draggin armour in the pockets. Saw these from knox and rolled the dice on the internet order.The first pair had the armour pocket stitched in back to front (pocket on the back of the knee). A couple of pics and emails later, they sent a new pair out for free. The armour sits in place all day, pants fit well, but a cut a little on the hipster/skinny leg side, especially around full sized thighs. I do look super sexy though.
    I ordered the helmet first, but the first pair of jeans arrived first, and the second (replacement) pair arrived a day or 2 after the helmet.
    I had a local place fix the armour pocket for $20, so 2 pairs or armoured jeans for $220 is a bargain.

Last, a pair of Knox orsa mk2 gloves, just arrived today - maybe 4 days from order to delivery.
    My 5 stunt gloves died, so i needed a new pair of short summer gloves.
    I love my knox handroids, so chose these. Index finger is touch screen sensitive so good for phone as a gps, but not sensitive enough to text if you are so inclined for that sort of stupidity.
    fit really well, but since i haven't ridden in them, not idea about riding with them. I have become a knox fan boy.
    So, get geared, good price, shit delivery.
    The shark spartan carbon really is a great helmet.
    Knox, great price, great delivery, great gear.
    more titanium than my bike

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks for passing that on.

Blog Entries
    Yea, what Craig said.

ASF Premium Full Member
    No worries - Thought it was info worth sharing. And since my boss owns the MT09, bike gear is a tax deduction.
    I also forgot my dri rider scrambler jacket - also had this for a few months.
    A separate quilted lining and another separate waterproof lining, so it is warm enough/windproof enough to commute in down to say, 8 degrees. It's a lightly perforated textile jacket, so without the liners its good enough for warmer days, and light enough to walk around in. As its just black, looks vaguely office like. Kinda.
    Since its textile, would want to ride bells line of road in it, but commuting, seems OK; CE rated armor, etc, etc.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    What they said ....

ASF Premium Full Member
    I got hit by a car a few weeks ago (on camera, and I'm fine) so tested the knox jeans.
    They were fucking awesome. Only going 40or 50. He changed lanes in front of me, etc, etc.
    landed hard on my right knee, and the armour in the jeans meant that it was a little sore that night, but fine the next day.
    Bloody impressive.

I bought a pair of alpinestars Oscar monty boots with some of the insurance money. But not in hipster brown from Aus, in a more manly black colour from the US.
    Not need to break them in, comfy out of the box, very light, feel just like a pair of work boots, but CE rated to level 2.
    Look a lot more like normal shoes at the office than the smx2 shorties with toe sliders that I'm replacing.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    Wow man, hard core again

Blog Entries
    Mate, you get into a lot of shit around Sydney hey?

ASF Premium Full Member
    Well, 25,000 odd KM a year in city traffic and it's bound to happen.

Weekend Warrior
    I commuted into the Sydney CBD for a few years, from Picton (100km south), doing that sort of mileage. Getting 5-6 weeks out of a pair of sticky tyres (was haring around the Southern Highlands on weekends too of course).

Lucky for me I avoided being hit, but I lost count of the near misses that would have ended my riding days, or worse. Good to hear you got away with that one.