Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginner Honda Build

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    UPDATE

Hey everyone sorry for not posts of the bike of recent, Ive been stuck working and had an accident.
    The damage wasn't too bad just a scratched exhaust and snapped the front brake lever off, but got that on and running like a champ.
    Big thankyou to Silverwater Motorcycle Wreckers for helping me out with parts, and walking into that store is like christmas everytime.

But rego time is coming soon and need to get things sorted.
    -Replace rear brake a disc and pads.
    -Fit choke
    -Clutch adjustment
    -New indicators
    -Fluids all round
    -Good clean

Im kinda to nervous to touch the carbs and was curious to anyone in the Sydney InnerWest would be able to help me install the choke. I have all parts needed and tools aswel to do the job, just lack of knowledge.

Anyways will be posting pictures over the week.

Blog Entries
    Fit choke? Do you mean a new cable or is the whole assembly needing replacing?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    @Gix11 The assembly is non-existent, I've purchased all the parts off another of the same bike, so the cable, the control for the handlebars/wiring that are attached. I will get some pictures and show. Cause where the cable should be i have a rubber grommet covering the hole and it idles a tad high but runs smooth, but I'm sure i will be shocked to see the difference it makes once fitted.

Hope all is well.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Okay So

I have got a picture of the parts and all other little things ill be doing over the next few days.

[IMG][/IMG]

I have sat down and looked at everything, from what i can make of it, I have to move the tank for access but apply cable to correct holes in carb (with needles springs etc) then guide rest of cable to grips on controls, attach and taa daaaa I'm probably wrong but ill give it a try tomorrow if not ill just return to way it was for time being. Fingers crossed,it shall go smoothly.

But also I have new indicators to wire up and some touch ups to fi since the crash on paint. Probabaly will just sand down and go back to matte black haha.

WIll Upload more pictures tomorrow once I've done something.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I have been spending a lot of time going on big rides getting better at twisties etc, but more so than that I have cut out all the cancer of bad wiring, put stock loom back in, also have new modern levers, front brake cylinder all in a nice dark metal finish.

Last few things to do are fix the tank, fit my CBR belly fairing, moto gp exhaust and just touch up paint here and there

From january onwards I'm looking to build a bobber for day time cruising and use the Spada for the bends.

Sorry for lack of updates, once the new levers etc are here which should be this week ill take photos and show all up to date.

Hope all are well,
    Jareth.

P.S. If anyone with Sydney Riders hit me up.

How'd you go with the bellypan? I want to get one for the RGV, I don't mind the look of the z1000.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hello . .

Firstly I apologise for not ever, ever being on. So where is my Spada?

I was hit off by a silly person who didn't look twice and turned into on coming traffic, which took me for a free flying lesson and a broken leg aswel bent front forks and extras on the Tempe "spada" and have spent the last few month saving building and healing.

Will upload shortly after this progress pics, but the list is as follows of what is done since the accident.
    -New front forks
    -New tyres all round
    -New speedo and speedo cable
    -New headlight
    -New indicators
    -New GSXR 1000 slip on
    -New brake pads all round

Need
    -New belly fairing
    -New paint
    -Tank dent repair

After all this it still goes and I have purchased a Yamaha DT250 2-stroke 1976 to build in the spare time whilst riding Tempe, working and now also studying Motorcycle Mechanics at TAFE. So please be patient ill update as I can, and hopefully get some riding in with you guys.

Hope all is well,
    Jareth.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    @jm88 The belly pan went on with some massaging with a dermal, a few bent metal brackets and looked good until smashed off by a ford festiva haha, but will purchase another one and get back on that.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Bad news on the acco mate but glad to see you're getting back on the horse so to speak.
    Last edited by K6Thou; 04-03-2016 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Fucking fat fingers....

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    @K6Thou haha the day after I had a drivers test in Frenchs Forest which is bit away from me, Had to borrow a Aprilia 125 2stroke to get there, still passed with a broken leg haha. But thankyou glad to be riding missed it very much *thumbs up*

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Pictures

Here are the pictures of where it was and is now, Ill do my best to keep in order.

[IMG][/IMG]

So thats the bike after I got it back at the price of $80 off insurance as a buy back non stat write off.
    You can see where the front forks are bent just under the triple tree, I removed all the fairings, seat and tank to clean carbs, gasket change, removed wheels, and exhaust.

[IMG][/IMG]

Went shopping with some insurance money.

Got new tyres fitted and balance at MCA Sydney CBD (as always a awesome service)
    Then jumped on down to Silverware Wreckers and bought new EBC brake pads and a GSXR1000 slip on, they have everything there almost and always are friendly and helpful.
    But also got new front forks, new mirrors, headlight and speedo which you don't see in this picture.

[IMG][/IMG]
    New slip on
    Went on with no issues not one, will get some exhaust wrap and new belly fairing to cover all that ugly clamp etc, bit louder than before but nicer than before.

[IMG][/IMG]

Almost there

So an overall look back on two wheels, slip-on on, new forks (need to paint), tank back on, probably easier just to get a new bike haha but I like this one.

[IMG][/IMG]

And finally

The new head lamp with built in indicators to clean it up abit, and all that is left is body work repair but thats just for another pay day, just happy to be back on the road.

But what is next is to get another belly fairing, clean up the body work, cut the tail off and paint bits and pieces. Hope you all like it so far its a turd but its my turd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12