Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sooo starting the build on the gpz750

Weekend Warrior

Sooo starting the build on the gpz750

As noted in the intro section I'm starting on the GPz750/ZX750A2, haven't done a lot just yet, got shop manual (proper printed one) and a PDF one with the A2 bits in it also a parts book.
    bought an anti dive valve from the UK, and just ordered a gasket set.

Unfortunately no pics and not much work on it, fucked a muscle in upper leg/ lower back last week and being stubborn went to work and fucked it more! anyway went to see me old mate today and he jabbed me and gave me some good gear, hopefully be back into it next break and get some work done and pics.

Blog Entries
    Have you had a look in here Mate ?

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...Kawasaki-GPZ-s

Weekend Warrior
    Yes, some very sweet rides in that thread, I keep going back there for inspiration.

Weekend Warrior
    so took a couple pickies this morning, was looking at this thing yesty and picked up #1 slug to do some measuring, see if it'll pass and I see this horrible thing
    http://

have no idea what caused this but the piston is fucked as the groove has widened allowing the ring to move, soooo, an of you guys got any second handies laying around, can buy a new one but think it might cause a bit of an issue, by the way it's standard bore (66 mm) and pistons standard with sfa wear and bores are perfect.

Couple more boring pics

Last edited by Barra58; 25-01-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I had a heap of KZ 750 gear that ended up at the local bike wreckers here in Rocky. Bargain bikes and bits is the name of the place. Ask if he still has the new looking bottom end, it had a brand new cam chain, primary drive chain and bearings. All in a set of cases that had been bead blasted and had new oven baked paint. See if he still has the head too, it was unpainted but had new valve guides and seats installed and never used.......

Weekend Warrior
    Cheers bud, will have a go

Weekend Warrior
    so haven't spoken to Bargain bikes and bits yet but what's everyone's thoughts on the wiseco 810cc big bore kit will it leave the barrel part that goes into the block to thin as it's only 2.75 mm thick and taking 3mm out of the bore will leave only 1.25 mm, also overheating maybe.
    P.S. I apologise if this has already been covered, tried a search, but I'm not real clever with choosing the right search words.

Weekend Warrior
    just ordered these forks, I know not complete but that's ok, I'm pretty happy with this as I can get a top triple made and calipers and such are fairly well priced, the whole front ends were awesome but by the time I paid the farken Australian gov. ripoff taxes and shit the forks would be worth more than the bike is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361039979140...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by K6Thou View Post
    I had a heap of KZ 750 gear that ended up at the local bike wreckers here in Rocky. Bargain bikes and bits is the name of the place. Ask if he still has the new looking bottom end, it had a brand new cam chain, primary drive chain and bearings. All in a set of cases that had been bead blasted and had new oven baked paint. See if he still has the head too, it was unpainted but had new valve guides and seats installed and never used.......
    So emailed this dude but got no response, have ordered a newie (piston) from the UK, hopefully won't put the donk to far out of balance, is only 2nd childhood toy for going for a coffee to Airlie and to pick up bits and bobs anyway, no quick stuff, to farken old for that, besides I got the turbo XH for the seat of pants rush
    Last edited by Barra58; 10-02-2015 at 05:54 PM.

I'm not really surprised you didn't get a response, the dude that owns and runs the place is a bit of a douche..... The young fella there is gold though.

Weekend Warrior
    ^^^ ah well, I'm finding a lot of places like that, emailed a couple of wreckers yesterday and same deal, seems Aus dealers don't want our coin, just want to complain that we buy stuff from O.S

Tried findapart ? I usually get quite a few responses from wreckers all over the country.

Weekend Warrior
    No, but will give it a go, thanks for that.

Blog Entries
    Nothing wrong with a 810 kit, but I'm not a huge fan of wisco

I had a 810 kit in my old gpz750 went well but was high maintenance and ended up leaking oil at the bottom of the barrels wasnt financial enough back then to keep playing with it

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    I have run an 810 in my z650 for years with no issues at all.

Weekend Warrior
    couple more pics, nothing real tasty, one thing though this modifying is fun but fucking expensive, now have to chase ZX6 03 front wheel and brake rotors, after the XH ute project the old girl's starting to get shitty but oh well the front door always open she's not near me at the mo haha, so I can say what ever shit that comes to my meagre excuse of a brain.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0795.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	6409

Weekend Warrior
    Last edited by Barra58; 23-02-2015 at 05:27 PM. Reason: dunno

Weekend Warrior
    scooz da mess, but that's how I roll, always mayhem, get there in the end but

Blog Entries
    You haven't even begin to know the pain of money gone playing with air cooled..... Lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast