Thread: Rhinotire non-puncture motorcycle tyres

Blog Entries

Rhinotire non-puncture motorcycle tyres

Ok, so maybe I've been hiding under a rock for too long and you all know the story behind these, but I've only just seen them today.

What is your take on these? My brain is kind of fighting it. What if you just got complacent and rode anywhere getting puncture holes all the time which then sealed themselves; would the tyre eventually just completely destroy itself in a big way when it's integrity had gone?

This and other things crossed my mind. What's your take, or what do you know about these?

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    ive been running goo in my mountainbike tyres for ages, its basically the same thing. I'm sure its fine for a limited amount of holes. if you got a shit load i would be worried about the remaining strength of the tyre.

Blog Entries
    Yea, I run tubeless on my mountain bike as well, but the sealant doesn't hold up to that kind of punishment. The extra weight with that thick goo must be pretty high?

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    I haven't converted to Tubeless on my MTB's yet, I like tubes as they are easy to fix.... I know nothing about the tubeless stuff.

They say it's applied at 248°F which only 120°C, it should handle skids and not fail.