Thread: Metal Gear brakes

ASF Basic Full Member

Metal Gear brakes

G'day all, just wondering if anyone knows anything about this mob? Looks legit, Im about to hit the button on a rear disk and sinter pads for my blade but thought id ask here first.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MetalGear...item257a1a3d4b

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MetalGear...item257a106461

if not, then what is a trusted brand which isnt a rip off?

ASF Premium Full Member
    I put a rear on a ktm 640sm, no problem.
    i put a pair on my vfr (gsxr1000 rotors) and they were warped. They replaced them, but i wont use them again.
    more titanium than my bike

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    i had them on my SV (gsxrfront end) and they were all good on there.

ASF Basic Full Member
    Seems like mixed reviews. Any word on their pads? Or what pads should i be looking for?
    Drink and post? Bloody legend.

ASF Basic Full Member
    I've got Armstrong wave discs front and SBS pads all round on my GSX 1400 and they're the dogs danglies. I would always pay a bit more and go with known and trusted brands, Galfer, EBC, Brembo, etc. Metal Gear could be a gamble and you don't want to fuck around when it comes to brake components. Just my 2 cents, others may disagree.
    GSX1400 Need I say more? Probably, yes.

ASF Basic Full Member
    Yeah i agree with your 2c Mr Ed. Meanwhiles i went and bought the metal gear rear disc and pads like a muppet, they were'nt even that cheap, just had a browse of the armstrongs (thanks for the lead), they look good but couldnt find a local dealer, and it apears they dont do a non-wavy disc? So searching for that and the SBS pads led me to an aussie retailer doing EBC discs, thats a good brand isnt it? The pricing seemed pretty good.
    So anyway i'll test out the Metal Gear rear disc and pads and report back on it. Theres still some life in the fronts but will replace them with something decent once ive done a few other things on the bike.
    Drink and post? Bloody legend.

ASF Basic Full Member
    Yup, EBC discs will be sweet as, and I'd see what other opinions there are re pads. Since using SBS pads about 4 years ago, I've never looked back but there are other brands as good. Sometimes it's trial and error as to which pads work well with the discs you have, also your riding style.
    GSX1400 Need I say more? Probably, yes.