Thread: Acetylene and oxygen bottles at Bunnings

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Acetylene and oxygen bottles at Bunnings

Im no welder(wish i was),but i know alot of guys would love the gas and bottles at home,but can't justify the rental costs.
    I'd seen this the other day,Bunnings now do the D size bottles, $299 filled, when you are finished with it,you can return the bottle and get $200 refund...or just pay the difference ($99) and get another full bottle.

http://www.tradegas.com.au/

I think Masters is doing a similar thing too.....

This might come in handy for some on here????

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    I pay $300 for a G of argon including rent.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Yeah, rent for how long though? BOC charge something like $200 a year in rental, which if you're not welding much makes it fucking expensive...
    Unfortunately, this hasn't expanded to QLD Bunnings, otherwise I'd go down this path instead of the poxy little disposables for when I *need* to weld (rather than planned big welding jobs)...

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    From what little i know,it doesn't matter how long it takes for you to go thru a bottle.....so if it takes you a couple of years...you save heaps on rental.
    I think Bunnings are trialing it in NSW before they expand it to other states.....i dont have a Masters anywhere near me,but apparently they are doing pretty much the same thing

ASF Premium Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nick76 View Post
    Im no welder(wish i was),but i know alot of guys would love the gas and bottles at home,but can't justify the rental costs.
    I'd seen this the other day,Bunnings now do the D size bottles, $299 filled, when you are finished with it,you can return the bottle and get $200 refund...or just pay the difference ($99) and get another full bottle.

http://www.tradegas.com.au/

I think Masters is doing a similar thing too.....

This might come in handy for some on here????
    At that rate I'll cancel my account with BOC and just buy as I need, that has to be heaps cheaper!

ASF Basic Full Member
    Yeah BOC can suck my arse. Got burnt by them ages ago, put me off welding. Im running the disposable bottles these days, loving it. they're a bit dear too, but when you need more than one bottle but you dont use them much, BOC thieving pricks can take a flying fuck. I just wish someone would do gas'n'go for welding gas. On the flip side, the empty disposable bottles do look like they could make an awsome surge tank, swirl-pot or catch-can.Probably a bit heavy for a bike though