Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big hello to fighter community

Weekend Warrior

Big hello to fighter community

my names Bob I'm 28 from Newcastle but living in Orange at the moment coz I'm a dirty knuckle dragging mining gorilla, most call me "CICCO"

I've always wanted a fighter I've had a cbr 1000 but now have a Ducati 1198s for track duties so it's time I started building my dream fighter only problem is I love the gsxr1100 and also the Honda 900rr.. I know the zuki have strong motors and a drag legend footing but the Honda is a wheelie king.

So my first question if u guys can help what's the better base bike in the seance of what's got more aftermarket parts available and simple modification options support base..

Personally I love the look of the zuki but I have a respect for Honda wheelies

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Welcome aboard Bob. If you are looking to build something using all after market parts and accessories, I would suggest buying a Harley. If you want to build a kick ass one of a kind custom fighter I suggest you pick your favourite bike and use that as a base.

If wheelies are your thing go with the Honda, if you'd prefer to ride the best bikes in the world buy a suzuki......
    "It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

Bloke with a smaller stick BillyWhizz888's Avatar
    Welcome, pick your favorite donk and go from there I reckon
    never worked for me but its a start haha
    Fcuk Off Ya Twat

Weekend Warrior
    welcome mate

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks for the comments guyz ...true that did sound like a Harley "best place to find chrome question" what I'm trying to say is I like both but the zuki looks like the maddest fighter I've only seen them go past I've never been on one. But I've had a few fun runs on hoondas so from what u guys know and experience what's the more versatile weapon or in your opinion what are the strong points for either bike??..plus I found a 91 gsxr1100 for 4k is that a good idea or should I get a more run down one. Since I'm rebuilding it? same goes for the Honda found a 94 900rr 2.5k

Welcome Bob, I'm also a dirty knuckle draggin miner, grew up just outside Orange but moved to the south coast. Orange can be a nice place but F@CKN cold this time of year and only gonna get worse.
    I'm biased but also with Iceman, GSX-R

welcome mate ,dont get a suzuki like everyone else go the HONDA.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I reckon go the Honda......i think the frame looks great fightered!!
    I loved mine,&it handled pretty awesome once id tinkered with it!

Hullo.

Welcome mate, either would make a kick ass fighter.
    Ladies and Gentelmen, take my advise. "Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

ASF Premium Full Member
    If you are looking for the easiest one to build, I wouldn't choose either of them, I'd go for the most modern bike you can find. Both of those bikes are around 20 years old. Newer bikes are easier to fighter, because all you are really doing is changing bodywork, they already have great motors, brakes and suspension.
    However, out of those 2 bikes, I'd go the Gixxer 11. There's a reason fightered gixxers are everywhere, it's because when they are done right, they are awesome.
    more titanium than my bike

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah true orange is getting real cold now iv survived one winter but my missys only just came here so shes gonna freeze ... I know the 1990 bikes will need more work but the carby bikes look boss .. the only other 2000 model bikes I like are the cb1000r or R1 so many to pic from and I have a bad habit of just buying both ... shit maybe I need to giv it a few weeks till one grows on me

Welcome to the madness mate a fellow novacastrian huh.

Well just get wat you like and modify it with your own touch .
    If their ain't a part avail , build mod do wat ever don't go with the norm.

Welcome bud.

They are both good base's for a fighter, you'll just have to decide which you prefer

Blog Entries
    Things to remember:

GSXR1100
    Oil cooled (no radiator or collant bottles to hide)
    Looks good naked right straight away
    Same engine as the Bandit 1200 so between the two models you have an endless supply of spare engines. (Very robust engine).
    Everyone has done this (as mentioned) so there is a lot of advice readily available out there.

CBR900RR
    16inch front wheel (17 inch swap will probably be on the cards)
    Coolant bottles and radiator to tidy up
    Being the wheelie bike gearboxes are usually shot
    Looks great when done properly
    Everyone I know that has had a 'Blade fighter has gotten rid of it for some reason. Can't say the same about the Gixers.

I've owned both bikes over the year and loved the CBR back in '92, but then got the GSXR after it and although it was heavier and not a nimble bike like the CBR, it was right for me.

If I had the money now I'd probably take Hooligan's advice andf go for a late model GSXR or Busa / Bking based project. Ridden a k8 GSXR fighter and loves how much it felt like a pushbike on steroids compared to the old Slingshot.

Oh, and welcome aboard mate!

Weekend Warrior
    i know it will be a long project but the 1990 bikes just look KING!!!..

i have a 2011 1198s duke track/street but its a pain on the road i get 140km per tank with back pain but on the track its wild

yeah the pushbike on steroids feel is just what i want, ezy to ride and power.. only reason i wanted the gsxr or cbr was that ppl know alot about them and i thought an older bike will have more character/personality

but it sounds like something newer will be more realistic maybe later when i have room for a 3rd bike i can go old school

Weekend Warrior
    guys i just found a 95 gsxr1100 hes willing to go down to 3k with no rego and with a blue slip.. is this a good deal only has 50,000km ...

The '95 gixer still has a radiator and coolant bottles etc and it's a little porky. If you are looking for a project check these out....

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?24241-Slingy-1216-kit-partly-done-needs-committed-soul

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?26057-quot-Brittania-quot-7K-GSXR-1000

Last edited by K6Thou; 20-05-2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Brittania isn't really a project but it fuckin' nice.

Weekend Warrior
    yeah i seen them but i think i just found my bike will post if it comes throught just waiting for the guy to get back to me
    1989 gsxr11 , 60,000km on it for 1,5oo

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    Welcome.
    Go Oldskool its the original way forward.
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast