Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ALBI"S TL build from the start with bigger better pics yay

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

i took my clutch cover and stator covers to my local locksmith/engraver @ the local shopping centre ,the poor bugger has never engraved anything like it ,so he did it all for $30 just he could say yes ive dont it .
    on the right side ive got my 3 x billylids "kids" and on the stator cover my wifs name with the ball n chain and her nickname.then i re cleared them to seal it in .

and the fun starts all over !! again !!
    the frame and subframe has been etched primmed and 2 x coats of white 2 k high fill primer, @ this stage ive got just 1 month to have done for the ASF 2012 NFR.
    so hight time to pick up top gear and get going.
    here im sanding the high fill back with 800 grit wet n dry with warm water and dish washing liquid, i do this for a few reasons,
    a- warm for my hands
    b- cleans the oils from skin
    c- makes preping easyer.

prep work pays off soooooooo smooooth .
    ive done the frame ,wheels and subframe in 2 k solid "telecom blue citroen colour"

had to see what the donk would look like in frame.
    the next day i wheeled out the donk and started to commision the motor for the art pces"vans gear "

ol ebay speedking rearsets were only $180 bucks so far havent let me done ! yet!!

personally i think only owners of TLS and TLR can appresiate how much work has gone into the sanding and prep of frame to get soooooo smoth !!

remembered i had the lower mount braket for the bars ,was made for the steering dampner "but thats for pussys who carnt ride lol"
    and decided to use to mount my acewell speedo unit .

well i started to sand back the clear coat to prep for buffing.
    well to be hounest i applied 6 coats o clear for a deep lustre and i didnt like the finish i had done s o i started to sand back to redo finish and whilst cutting it back i was chatting to big KEV @ VCM cycle seats and was runnignsome styles by him and kev and i brainstormed on ol school pinstripping, i remembered chatting to a fellow memebr "weaselman" and he told me about his mate VON DAZ in sydney and set up a day to goto get the pinstripping done.
    so i had 4 days to sand,prep,basecoat and clear and then sand back top coat o clear for the stripping to adhere to , at this point i had a vision of two styles of paint and body work inwhich will be evident at a later date so sit back relax and enjoy the following pics.

time for more child labour ,now my daughter is in on the build and refused my attemps to not let her wash the TL.
    after sitting with the dust on it she was very appalled!!

now its 9 pm at night clear is 24 hours old and im due to leave for sydney @ 7 am in the morning !!
    time to sand back and get some sleep

meet VAN DAZ yes its beer o clock somewhere in the world .
    and this is how we roll .
    mind you i went around the corner and got a tall flat white coffee hehehe.

while we were sitting back admireing dazzas work i was asked if the bike had a name and i said no ,darren didnt want to name it but i had an urge to place my sisters name on the solo tail piece "she passed away at birth never meet my sister but i realy miss her !"and darren said mate its ment to have her name watching ur back !!

this VON DAZ'S trumpy he built ages ago and is street rego'd in nsw i love it !!

well at this point it was satuday night the week before the ASF NFR run and im looking at her thinking i dont like it its needs more but wat ??

well it needs more bling .
    so off came all the forks,clamps,brake callipers the whole box n dice.
    bought a pollishing kit for a drill $40 at bunnings, sat down at work during lunch and used flapper wheel to de seam the alloy,then sat in front of tv watching v8 supercars ,hot water in bucket and wet n dry 1200 grit sanding sanding sanding .

\

wooohoooo finished the day before NFR ride to cooma

we all went on the loop from jindabine to tumut damm were oztiller asked if i wanted a doenut ? man i was starving ,to my supprise i can not eat !!

anyway upon the return trip home most of us stopped at goulburn for a feed and whilst i was chatting about how turbos are comming back , a top bloke from ASF "SEN" challanged me to put 2 x turbos ,well accepted mate .

not being happy with anything i snapped up a KTM RC8 tail from big kev.

as far as im concerend loud pipes saves lives and even tho ive got a set of gianellis on her its just to dammed quiet!!
    so out came the grinder and of they go ,well i am putting twin turbos on and they will dump out the side so no need to clutter the rear huh!
    any way step 1 prep the food !! um er the pipes ,yes the pipes hehehe.

step 2 -shake !!

step 3 and bake.

just a widdle burnout comp at the 2013 bankstown bike show.

obtained some speedcar track rods from a speedway race car $30 pop x 3 with zinc rose joints chrome moly tubeing.

for servicability im useing the stock battery mount and seat lock

my short shortys ,yes i do ride it and i love it !!

sometimes to you just need to use wat ever you can get to do a little bend.

the way im attaching the glass is via "dzus clip " made by moto ,they are the better design and use by many top level speedway teams ,there are cheaper ones but these dont vibrate loose or corrode, the one thing i dont like about them is the alloy fastner rubs the glass so ive used plastic sump plug washers to space out and protect the glass.

ahhh red bull gives me wings yayyyyy that and shit loads of coffee hehehe ,um hang on !
    the buety of running a workshop is unlimited access at night and to use of said shop.

soo pissed at my self even with a good mig i still cocked up some of my welds farrrrkkk.

well appart from making the glass seat pan its all but up to date and im doing the pan over the next week or so!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast