Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Yella's Drag Busa

mmm will see if this work the Busa inthe shed, with my computer dead i have to relearn everything on the forum
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 242243_317500351700002_476102671_o.jpg-2133781376.jpg  
    Last edited by Yella; 24-12-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Started sorting the wiring today looked at the red wire that had been cut and soldered earlier . It was the supply wire for all the engine sensors and it was only holding on by 2 wires so decided to replace the pin. Pulled it out found I didn't have anything similar in my kit so looked at the wire diagram decided to pull the brown wire for the VCSV supply and use that pin and wire.
    The VCSV is the control for the vacuum operated flap in the air box mine has been removed the question I have is will the ecu see that it is not connected and throw a code or stop anything. I dont think it will but just want to check
    Also checked over he rest of the bike found the gauge/fairing brace is cracked so need one of them

Attachment 3169Attachment 3170Attachment 3170Attachment 3170Attachment 3170Attachment 3170Attachment 3170Attachment 3169
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_01792019723711.jpg   DSC_0180-69797031.jpg   DSC_01861598221827.jpg   DSC_01821173362441.jpg  
    Last edited by Yella; 26-12-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yella View Post
    The VCSV is the control for the vacuum operated flap in the air box mine has been removed the question I have is will the ecu see that it is not connected and throw a code or stop anything.
    Attachment 3169Attachment 3170Attachment 3170Attachment 3170Attachment 3170Attachment 3170
    Knowing less than fuck all about BUSA wiring , but a bit about efi in general I'd say ask Booster . But your prob fine, if the flap valve doesnt have a postion sensor (switch etc) I'd bet its dumb as far as the ecu is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmohawk View Post
    Knowing less than fuck all about BUSA wiring , but a bit about efi in general I'd say ask Booster . But your prob fine, if the flap valve doesnt have a postion sensor (switch etc) I'd bet its dumb as far as the ecu is concerned.
    Thats what I was thinking. I cant see a code that relates to it and it looks like it only supplies a positive to the valve when it see a set value from other sensors. Thinking I should be ok

Suck it and see I say , once and a while she does.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Quote Originally Posted by Yella View Post

Also checked over he rest of the bike found the gauge/fairing brace is cracked so need one of them
    You'll need a trailer to carry back all the shit I'm about to sell you.

Ok so wiring is all sorted checked all the bits that look dodgy ( someone one had attacked this harness with little bits bare and cut back all over) Removed the head light wires and wired the indicators so that they come on instead. Fixed up the taillight so it works. general clean up. Not much so here are some random pic's
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0190.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	7023

Random cut/bare wires

Name:	DSC_0189.jpg 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	7024
    This is the vacuum valve that ran the air box flapper. I have removed this wire and stolen the ECU pin for this to repair the other pin that was poor. If anyone has any info if doing this will upset anything please speak up.

Name:	DSC_0191.jpg 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	7025
    I'm sure this should be in a bracket somewhere near here but can see anything.

Name:	DSC_0192.jpg 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	7026
    Extra wires going to the rec reg that had been hooked up to the battery

Name:	DSC_0193.jpg 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	7027
    Motobat complete with stupid little adaptors for posts.

Going to have a look at the plastic's tomorrow but from memory they are not to bad. Waiting on parts screen and Stator cover ETC. Going to take it to work next week for a clean other than that it's nearly ready for its first run to set the bench mark before I start messing with it to much.
    Last edited by Yella; 22-08-2015 at 01:50 PM.

RevHead
    good job Ian ,those chopped up wires had me at an end ,i couldnt understand the purpose of all the bared taped up wiring ,almost every wire into the ecu had been chopped?

Looks like someone was either looking for a power supply or fault finding but they did a number on it should be all good now

Have been reading up on the 16 to 32 bit convert but cant get the info to post here but doesn't look to hard maybe on the cards a little later
    Last edited by Yella; 30-12-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: cause the info wont post

RevHead
    when the injectores turn up ,any you get it sorted ,wait before you change the puter as it pulls like a 16yr olds 1st hand job

Question time, lowering the front of the busa is it better to use
    Front End Lowering Kit 99-09 Hayabusa GSX1300 New
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290432665...84.m1423.l2649

Or just get a strap and pull it down
    Or slide the fork thru and fit some other clip-ons

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    if you slide the forks through make sure you still have clearance at full compression otherwise the wheel might hit the headers/radiator under load

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

and I dont like the way this sits,

Think I will end up with the lowering springs and maybe a strap if i need any more

Pick up a set of clipons that just fit the stem ? Then slide them down where you want em ?

yep that is one of the options

Still conerned that if I push the fork thru that with full susupension travel during braking or wheelies run the rise of I will drive the fairing into the front wheel/guard etc . Anyone had any experience with this???

RevHead
    fit the fairing ,compress the front end and measure then ad 50mils

Yep tomorrow will do that

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast