Thread: kpow's 7/11 build

Pizza delivery boy/girl

kpow's 7/11 build

Just bought a 89 gsxr750 roller off fleabay for $260 so the fun begins. I have just got to do a ten hour each way drive to pick it up. Since i have a k and a l 1100 for donors i think i have everything i need for the build so i will post progress reports and photos as i go.

Blog Entries
    Shit yea, perfectly matched as well. This will be good. Keep us up to date with this one.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    nothin like another 7/11..build on mate

Blog Entries
    Nice

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Got back last night after a 20 hour round trip even got a bonus a koni shock i dont know if its still any good and would at least need a rebuild for 130 kg fat person but i might be lucky anyway now i will go and drag the frame out of the back of my station wagon i will post some pictures tommorow when i work out photobucket.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I have stripped the frame down and now i need a bit of advice firstly should i use the 750 swing arm or the 1100 which appears to be about 4 inches longer and secondly should i powder coat frame and swing arm and Si could you refer me to the thread about downloading images off photobucket to my thread i am sure i saw one somewhere. Thanks

Blog Entries
    The swingarm is your choice. The thing that made the 7/11 appealing to everyone in the day was the fact the smaller dimensions of the 750 made it slightly more nimble and a bit firey. If you use the 1100 arm, you're not going to be a long way off what the 1100 was like.

As for powder coating, just make sure you put sacrificial bolts in every screw thread and also alllow for the internals like the swingarm mounting points that can build up with the thickness of the powerder coat and make it hard to get the swingarm back in properly without filing it all off. A lot of guys go 2 pack on the frame and have no problem.

As for Photobucket instructions, here you go mate:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/faq...b3_attachments

Simply upload you photo to Photobucket, copy the image location (it will tell you the URL - something like http:/www.photobucket.com/myphoto.jpg) then come back here and click the icon with the tree in it, then select "from URL" and paste your photo address into that box and click OK.

yeah mate as Si said go the 750 arm an get some pics up real fast

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    DO NOT PC THE FRAME.

I did and I regret doing it, I had a fuel spill and the fuel stained the powder coat.
    No one else would notice but I see it and I hate it.

Problem now is, to remove PC you have to flame it off which could fuck the frame.
    Twist or bend from the heat.
    Or spend the next 400 years with paint stripper .....

Just my opinion man but think about it, at least with paint you can change the colour or repair it easily.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by latheboy View Post
    DO NOT PC THE FRAME.

I did and I regret doing it, I had a fuel spill and the fuel stained the powder coat.
    No one else would notice but I see it and I hate it.

Problem now is, to remove PC you have to flame it off which could fuck the frame.
    Twist or bend from the heat.
    Or spend the next 400 years with paint stripper .....

Just my opinion man but think about it, at least with paint you can change the colour or repair it easily.
    x2 for not powder coating frames........... stuff is beyond fucked if you need to do anything later

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Thanks guys i wont powder coat it i think i should just polish it if i pant it i would just scratch it anyway. first though i am just going to weld some bracing onto the swing arm.