Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk About AFR 2013

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    I know broadford is about $1000 for a race prac hire, dunno about 'private use' but that could be an option.. Or 'the farm' private track.
    I don't mean to be a cunt, but it would go a lot better having someone that can at least string a cohereant sentence together organising the thing.

Just my opinion etc, no need to flame me and all that shit etc etc etc.

Not sure if you can see this link.... https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=ca...,50.081,0&z=15
    Castella Quarry. Its a hill climb on a private road and there is talk amongst local rodders to hold an event there. Custom bikes too?

RevHead
    Yoda its call a chat ,to toss ideas about ,but any race track at a good price is a great idea

I hope to be at AFR were ever it is.
    Ladies and Gentelmen, take my advise. "Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Pete I dont talk about others I know often (even though I dont shut up about everything else) But your starting to shit me. I think your an ok bloke and your heart seens to be in the right place but fuck me you manage to cause a shit fight every time you get a hard on for some idea , turn your brain off and just go.

Simple arithmatic would have told you the idea you presented in its simplest and cheapest form prob wouldnt fly, Most people here cant justify spending $100 on a gold membership atm let alone what your hopping organise. Its not that they don't want to pay for the extra priv or not interested in supporting ASF its "They're just to fucking broke" whether they like drugs, smokes, the piss, or saving for a new but plug is irrelivant. How far/often they rode to the shops is prob more important to them than how far they rode to see you at AFR/NFR.

People use this site to get ideas , enjoy bikes , banter (hang shit on yourself and others) and from this, friend groups have formed though the fun and hard work of indeviduals, culminating in rides to interesting places. Si graciously provides us with an enviroment that even people with strong ideas shuned from the majority of the world can use, some ignore some follow others antaganise or rebut.

We even have a place for you.

Si and others have taken a bath over big events in the past as you know , and the little things can become very expensive if things go bad. If you were the organiser and things were not sorted correctly someone was hurt, disabled, killed you personally could be held libal and lose everything including your own liberty.

I said I would be interested in your idea, but It wouldnt work as it was presented. I didnt say stop talking dont have ideas (JUST THE ONE YOU HAD WAS NOT GOING TO FLY) we have trouble organising 2 or 3 small events and getting more than 20 riders to it, So aiming for something that needs a min of 100 riders to keep it under $100 each is just fucking stupid. Plain and simple.

Personally I'd be more interested in riding somewhere camping in the bush (getting messy) then riding the area with AFS comrades (getting messy again) then riding home. There are shit loads of spots all up and down the east coast or even TAS and best part is its mostly free. Someone always trailers or ute it so booze/food/light etc can be brought along in mass everything else is on bike or not at all.

This turning up to a pub is nice and a hot shower after riding the hills is good , but my old bones still like going into the hills riding hard then pulling over throwing out the swag and washing in a get fucked cold creek to.
    Last edited by Redmohawk; 11-12-2012 at 09:10 PM.

ASF Premium Full Member El_Hefty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RevHead View Post
    you see you guys are already talking yourselves out of going ,man the fuck up, .....................
    is this place turning into the oh i like to ride,to the shops, now fire up and make more excuses!
    every-time a good idea is posted it gets negative post for why it wont work,
    ok kiddies ,
    this is why im posting now,so we can try to get all the wanna bees there, not meaning to insult anyone here ....................
    Sorry Si, it was only meant to wake up the blokes who complain,about everything i post or write,........................ but like everything on here that is a good idea ,lets flame the idea into the bin ,
    Pete 'not meaning to insult anyone here', namely you. Are you really this socially retarded?

Did,

Deano get his thread 'flamed into the bin'?
    Did Si or Large or Supercharger mark or RODnumbers or weasel get any flaming for the GREAT ideas they had and runs they organised?

Theres something in that Pete, think about it.

So since you missed the bit (amongst all the other bits) where Si pointed out we much prefer just runs, which is what AFR will be in 2013. How about we have a 'chat' about a track day under a different title and we leave the 'AFR' thread for something not so fucked up as this thread.

Just a thought
    I can handle pain until it hurts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBI View Post
    hey si i dont think pete was going to run it as a promoted run for and by ASF ,i read it as us lot hireing the trackand running amok??
    there fore no permission would be needed at all??

but thats how i read the post
    ALBI, the title says AFR thats April Fools Run, that in itself is an ASF event.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Hey k6 on the road as a group you have the same riding level aswell .those that can and those like me whom think they can and those that wish they could think like me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Hefty View Post
    ALBI, the title says AFR thats April Fools Run, that in itself is an ASF event.
    Oh mick you know wat i ment !!!

Blog Entries
    haha yeah sort of maybe , on a more important note you made me that bit mofo?

Quote Originally Posted by ALBI View Post
    Hey k6 on the road as a group you have the same riding level aswell .those that can and those like me whom think they can and those that wish they could think like me lol.
    I think I know what you mean.... I ride to my limits, and very nearly exceeded them on the weekend when I went for a bit of a ride with Jimmy.... A track is a whole different thing though as I'm sure you are aware, having someone wobbling around in the braking area before a corner while you are coming in at ten tenths and not knowing what the other guys is likely to do can be a big hassle.

Fuck I have a mate that was missed by inches a few years ago as a noob on a VTR cart wheeled and exploded his bike into a corner at QLD raceway.....

Oh, and you can call me Dan.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    I've seen a largish backyard in Dimbooooooola that could host a big party.................

Quote Originally Posted by EFE 1230 View Post
    I've seen a largish backyard in Dimbooooooola that could host a big party.................
    With a smallish burnout pad in the front yard ??

Quote Originally Posted by K6Thou View Post
    With a smallish burnout pad in the front yard ??
    and a stunt strip outside the front gate......................

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Only if we get to shoot shit and the mankini stays the fuck away! Or even better we get to shoot the mankini.

I'm sure Rod could use all his "worldy" charms to find a disused paddock/scrub land for a weekend of mayhem and maybe we could all fund a tempory burnout pad and the hire of one of those portable trailer showers/toilet?

or we all keep it on the quiet, not tell him and just show up one weekend...........

ASF Premium Full Member DCRacing's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    one of the problems that this forum has, and this country as well, is that the population is so spread out. If we look at the states, which we seem to follow, they have a population of 300 million, Aus 20 million and spread over the same area. So while we have a strong following online, geographically it is a big challenge to pull us all together at the one place at the one time.
    The fluid nature of what gets organised at the moment best fits the nature of the group.
    I would love to get out on the track with any of you lot, regardless of skill levels, it would be blast.
    Yes if you look at the Summernats and other meetings like it, they started from a desire of like minded people to meet, hang out show off. but the location and the length of time they have been running and the amount of losses they have had, government support etc etc. We only see the finished product.

Realistically, we should keep it all quiet and just show up one weekend............ good work EFE
    What The...?

Thats the trouble with reality........not everyone participates

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    well you guys know that wont be a prob around here but i doubt the northeners are going to travell down here

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Blog Entries
    well travelling to 'your mums vagina' doesnt sound all that attractive Rodney

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    hahahahaha

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast