Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk About AFR 2013

ASF Premium Full Member
    hefty hit it on the head.
    For NFR, which was only accommodation, not the expense of paying for track time as well, it started out as 25 odd, but when it came down to it, we ended up with 14 people.
    If we use bladehunters numbers, if we had 30 people say yes, and then 10 drop out, who would put up there hand to cover the 3 grand?
    Having AFR at a track would be fucking great. But losing a shitload of cash is fucking horrible. I wouldn't be putting my money on the line, because more often than not, numbers drop dramatically once the reality of paying sets in.
    more titanium than my bike

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Too rich for my blood. im a poor apprentice with a mortgage.

pretty broke just after this weekend and nfr.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Pete! i like the idea in on paper and would be very keen for such an event, but! and there is always a but i reckon that your going to need to get a lot of cash up front with a no show no refund deal or someone is going to be out of pocket. i for one can not commit to any plans at this point as i have just sold the place in Woopi and still have no idea where im going to living or working at that time Good luck with your quest.

Blog Entries
    I like the energy Pete, but you haven't passed this by me mate, this is the first I have heard.

I've been doing this game for a while now and I can tell you that you will not get the numbers we need to make $9k from this forum alone. The amount of advertising, research, artwork before hand, plus clean up, damage and other hidden shit you can not believe will blow this figure out to $15k easily before you know it. I don't have any cushions to take on that responsibilty any more and don't want to risk my house agian.

The economy is still rock bottom and people are still not willing to part with money. Something like this would have to wait a few years at least, and even then, the headache still rings in my head.

An easier way to do a get together at a track (for the numbers you will get) is a group booking at a Ride day rather than booking the whole venue.

Alternatively there is the group gathering as always which most people seemed to perfer in the long run.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Aaw Si ,
    I'm sure Pete's man enough to put his money where his mouth is and put the money up,organise everything and cover any losses......
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

Blog Entries
    no offence but god help us..........

ASF Premium Full Member MattyDucati's Avatar
    Here here
    Cheers Matt

I hate being bipolar, its awesome!

ASF Gold Full Member
    Would there be enough people interested to do this on a weekday maybe? 1st April next year is a monday. Perhaps travel there sunday, thrash fuck out of your bike/yourself monday, go home tuesday? If there was free camping at the circuit sunday and monday nights it would help.
    It could be a goer at half the price of a saturday or sunday.

just saying
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

Si I know that you have personally eaten shit in the past on events and merch and putting this whole freak show together. BUT its worthy of banter again at this stage.
    Wakefield, Lakeside, Broadford, Barbagello. Whatever the location its a a good idea to generate discussion on creating something "off road" for bikes.
    Summernats started because?
    Goodwood?
    NZ Festival of speed?

Discussion is where we are at. and yes there are alot of what if's and fuck it thats too hard. But without shit talk nothing would happen. Deano and Rod have put alot of time and effort into the drags at Heathcote and it is working in its formative stage. Personally I would have given my left nut to be there last weekend but since both of them are in the missus handbag I couldn't make it due to a "social function" at which I snarled at every cunt there because they were the cause of me missing what I had looked forward to for the last 12 months.

So Discuss. If Wakefield is a no go due to cost then what else is available?

And Pete...Please try to form comprehensive speech because the title of this thread is fucked no matter how I read it.

Why not go in conjunction with those that run the track day to help organise a "special" track day? Fill all spots with others and break up the track day round and round with Go to Whoas, Longest wheelies, stunts etc during lunch break. Approval from the course and insurance would be needed and indemnities of course.
    Word up the track day organisers to arrange perhaps only 4 sessions of round and round with the remainder of time committed to fucking around?

hey si i dont think pete was going to run it as a promoted run for and by ASF ,i read it as us lot hireing the trackand running amok??
    there fore no permission would be needed at all??

but thats how i read the post

Personally I love the idea of a track day (3 points left).
    The chance of getting it organised is probably sounding minimal though but could you cut cost by finding a few sponsors maybe ? $500 - $1000 from a sponser would go a long way on something like this.

Or possibly getting in bed with one or two other forums, maybe the RATS or some other group. Maybe we could have the last 4 sessions and then bring on the stunters / burnouts or whatever.

Don't shoot it down so quick, where there's a will there's a way to make this shit work.

RevHead
    Sorry Si, it was only meant to wake up the blokes who complain,about everything i post or write, yes some have kids ,yes some are very committed with mortgage's,and low pays ,but you all lack the ability to think AHEAd if you dont like the thread dont read it ,if you read it and have more excuses and finger pointing ,well this thread isnt for you,no im not pissed off ,just thought that it would be good to get together in a controlled environment , but like everything on here that is a good idea ,lets flame the idea into the bin ,

1,how much a week do you blokes spend on beers ,grog, smokes ,drugs,
    i stopped drinking so i could go to the vic drags,then when i was there i had 5 tinnies only ,but i managed to go ,
    as for having the luxury of having a dollar at present my accounts are overdrawn, and i dont have an overdraft ,but il make the effort to get out with like minded people and ride
    Last edited by RevHead; 11-12-2012 at 07:12 PM.

1. no one put crap on you Pete
    2. No one flamed the idea
    3. Take up substance abuse again. You made more sense.
    4. Keep on keeping on.

RevHead
    every-time a good idea is posted it gets negative post for why it wont work, but the others always talk themselves out of organised events were we can actuaaly have some real fast fun,like stu said ,i too only have 3 points left

Ok just a thought but IF some thing like this went ahead how would you deal with different levels of rider skill ? Every cunt I know well almost every cunt I know is so sure of their talents on a bike it's almost shameful to listen to them go on about it, no doubt it's the same with people here..... Who would be there to assess the riders skills ? You can't have people that lap 45 sec apart on the track at the same time it's a recipe for disaster......

ASF Gold Full Member
    I'd go in the slow group 'cause i'm shit
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

Quote Originally Posted by Nudie View Post
    I'd go in the slow group 'cause i'm shit
    I'll just hand out the oranges at half time....

RevHead
    il ride in nudies group,

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast