Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk About AFR 2013

RevHead

Lets Talk About AFR 2013

ok kiddies ,lets get the ball rolling for AFR ,Nicks idea of Wake field park, is a great idea ,as being at a drag strip this weekend ,and no holes bared burnouts wheelies etc ,makes wake field park more attractive,plus who want ride there bikes to the extreme with out being done for having fun!its easy access for the vicci boys as its only a 5 hour cruise up the Hume,the Sydney boys have 2 hour ride drive, i have a 5.5 hour ride ,so if its decided ,i would suggest,payment up front to secure the venue,
    Last edited by RevHead; 10-12-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Certainly an idea worthy of discussion.

Hire the Circuit

Wakefield Park not only boasts one of the best short circuit layouts in Australia, but also offers visitors first rate support facilities. We have featured a few of these below.

Control Tower / Timing System

Wakefield Park’s control tower is the central point of the circuit, located on the start/finish line. It contains very sophisticated timing systems, and is where the running of all race meetings and corporate timed events are operated. For corporate bookings, every lap time is recorded and available at the end of heats and races.

Safety

At Wakefield Park, we pride ourselves on attention to detail and all-round safety. All drivers are given thorough instructions on safety from our Clerk of Course, and are strictly monitored throughout their time on the track. Wakefield Park has a cleared infield which helps reduce the risk of damage and injury in motor racing. Wakefield Park has a state of the art Safety Lights system that allows all 8 flag points to be remotely maned from our control tower, meaning signals can be passed to drivers anywhere around the circuit.

Garage Facilities

Carport and garage structures are available for race day or general use. There are 30 Lock-up Pit-Lane garages and 60 Carports with another 11 garages nearby and additional 30 lock up paddock garages, all available for hire.

Cafe and Coffee Shop
    The circuit has a coffee shop and cafe onsite. These facilities are open when the circuit is open for business. Our modern indoor cafeteria and catering area is surrounded by lawns and undercover paved areas. Whether it be that corporate function or something quick and easy, we will make it available. Our coffee shop is the perfect place for mum’s to spectate and enjoy coffee and cake, whilst children can play in the playground nearby.

Administration Offices
    Our full-time staff are always on hand to answer any questions and be of service to you.

Car Parking
    Wakefield Park has ample car parking and can comfortably cater for the largest attendances, as experienced during the 2003 Procar Championship Series, where a crowd in excess of 15,000 was catered for with ease.

Track Pricing for 2013
    • Saturdays $7,300
    • Sundays $7,300 (and public holidays)
    • Fridays $4,200
    • Weekdays $3900
    • Any CAMS events will attract a $500 levy which will be charged in addition to the circuit hire.
    • Insurance cover is mandatory AASA Permit $800
    • Ambulance $640 per day
    • Track Marshal $280 (optional)
    • Control Tower $200 per day (optional)
    • There are other options on standby eg water truck, witches hats. Phone for details and costs.
    NOTE : There are mandatory requirements if timing is used (please call for more information)
    These prices are current although are subject to change without notice. (Please call for more information.)

RevHead
    the weekend price isnt out of reach if we can get a lot of members to commit

if we can get 40 riders at a price of $365 each for 2x days

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    So for a sat your looking at about $9k assuming an ambo and timing is wanted , thats alot of bikes even at $200 for the day each. How many turned up to the bathust AFR ?

RevHead
    im not 100%, i think there was 15 bikes ,
    the other option could be to do a friday track day ,and stay in goulbourn on the weekend for local road rides,

If your aiming for an ASF only event , I think your going to find it hard to sell anything like this if you cant keep the cost down to $100 a day.

I might be happy to shell out $200 or $300 for a day plus accom etc etc totaling maybe $800 for the weekend. But I doubt you will find 40 others that will. Times a tough for alot of people , we struggled to get 19 bikes to the drags @ $140 even though plenty more said they were interested.

Not trying to rain on the idea and I'd be keen, but unless the price is lower I don't think this is going to fly.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    FUCK YEAH

Bring it on.

To make it fair I'll disable the injector on the rear cylinder to give you guys a fighting chance.

RevHead
    this is why im posting now,so we can try to get all the wanna bees there, not meaning to insult anyone here ,but supporting the rides is a good thing ,ive only been here for 3 years ,yet ive been to 3x nfr,s ,and 2x afr,s ,and one awesome vic xmas party ,

i generally save around 1k for each event ,but dont even spend that much.this year at NFR, i took $1400, and spent $490 for the whole weekend

The circuit idea is bloody fantastic.

45 bikes at $200 odd or 30 at $300. That's working on a $9K budget. Damn cheaper than a fuckin' speeding fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bladehunter View Post
    The circuit idea is bloody fantastic.

45 bikes at $200 odd or 30 at $300. That's working on a $9K budget. Damn cheaper than a fuckin' speeding fine.
    Maybe so but without confirmed payed numbers its all pie in the sky, and @ $200 just for the day I think you will struggle to get half the numbers needed.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I'm with Red on this..... As good idea as it sounds for blokes like me I have to factor in fuel to get there and home etc plus numerous other expenses, how much I'm losing by not being at work, food etc.....
    Turns out to be a fucking expensive trip.

ASF Premium Full Member MattyDucati's Avatar
    What dates are you thinking about?
    Cheers Matt

I hate being bipolar, its awesome!

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    looking at having to give the eastern creek chumps $260 for a farrr too packed out trackday in january

im happy to pay $100+ a day for umlimited hooning!
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

RevHead
    you see you guys are already talking yourselves out of going ,man the fuck up, save some bread and have a 4 day holiday ,bobbo rides to cooma from brissy ,i go to heathcote from here accompanied by yella from sydney ,guys take your balls out of your pocket refit and ride,look scotty came from perth for god sake ,

is this place turning into the oh i like to ride,to the shops, now fire up and make more excuses!

ASF Premium Full Member DCRacing's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Red is right, the cost needs to be down to draw enough numbers to pay for the track hire which means a fair bit of commitment from members early on and then watch the numbers drop as other things force them to pull out, then you consider opening it to the public and it becomes a shit fight to make it all happen.

It sucks is what it all boils down to, i used to organidse and run track days at Morgan Park in Warwick. the cost of the track day would be around 100 -150 for a full day and i would struggle some times to get full numbers, usually about 3 weeks out the numbers would start to drop as people would pull out for various reasons.
    Every one wants to be there but not commit to it to make it work.........
    Non refundable deposits are one way of being able to cover cost but it scares half the people away.
    And if you are looking to cover cost you need to look at it as a business and try to make it earn some money because if you budget for covering cost it will leave you on your ass and short of cash which you have to put in out of your own pocket.

end of rant for the moment.........
    Sorry
    What The...?

Thats the trouble with reality........not everyone participates

Quote Originally Posted by RevHead View Post
    you see you guys are already talking yourselves out of going ,man the fuck up, save some bread and have a 4 day holiday ,bobbo rides to cooma from brissy ,i go to heathcote from here accompanied by yella from sydney ,guys take your balls out of your pocket refit and ride,look scotty came from perth for god sake ,

is this place turning into the oh i like to ride,to the shops, now fire up and make more excuses!
    Great idea Pete. But to some the issue isn't to 'Man the Fuck up'. Not eveyone has the luxury like yourself to to pack up for 4 days and spend heaps of money. I'd love to be able to do these things, but some blokes on here have young families, myself included, and I struggle to take my kids on a decent holiday.

I'm not having a go at you but have a bit of a think before you start calling people on here wooses because they can't attend something. Some of us here live under completely different circumstances, and because we can't go to something like this we support ASF no less.

My 2c over

How much goes into modding ya bikes ?

ASF Premium Full Member El_Hefty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RevHead View Post

Seriously? Whats how far youve ridden before got to do with shit in this instance. Its not about distance its about the money and the commitment so far out. I would say yes but if business takes over im a no show.

Are you going to cover any short fall? Pay the deposit? Are you going to take responsibility?

If you are taking responsibility whos name are you doing this in? ASF? If so Si owns that name and does he want you organising this event in that name? Have you asked him?

If it isnt in ASF's name and its yours good luck, you cant even get the title of this thread to make sense.
    I can handle pain until it hurts.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by bladehunter View Post
    How much goes into modding ya bikes ?
    Next to nothing. Do it all myself. And usually swap parts for parts

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast