Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fucking beautiful!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

Fucking beautiful!

NEED I SAY MORE?

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    is that one of those rebuilt/replacement zed frames the japs sell?

sure is! i want one

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I've seen that before and I think it's a Harris frame for the Suzuki XR 69's. I believe that they are or used to be the frames that John Simms uses/used for his XR69 replicas. That frame is a thing of beauty and doubly so cause it's for a proper air cooled SUZUKI motor

i have heard theyhave to put extra bracing in the Kwaka ones.......

Blog Entries
    One day .... One day

ASF Premium Full Member
    You can buy a roller XR69 Complete with arm wheels and glasswork in OZ for around 25k all you need is motor & electrics.

Now if that isn't value for money I don't know what is!

Brooksy endo'd one at turn one PI at the Island Classic this year (Feb)

But yes that is a beautiful thing!

Blog Entries
    mmmnnnnn tasty

Very nice where was it done is a website.

Blog Entries
    there are a few frame builders out there that will build some close to that in varring success
    it is some thing i know i would one day like to build

Hi These are the frames made by my company, Trident Engineering, in the UK and are an exact replica of the 1981 works Suzuki xr69. They are NOT made by Harris and will only accept the the Suzuki GS1000 &nbsp;and GSX1100 engines. A Kawasaki engine is too big to fit in.<br>A complete rolling chassis costs UK £12,500 including exhaust,oil lines, cables etc and painted in Heron Suzuki colours. We also do a road version. Check our website www.xr69.co.uk. Expect to see several racing at Phillip Island in January. Export to Aus is no problem!<br><br><br><br>

Last edited by johnsimms; 03-01-2013 at 08:31 PM.

nice bikes mate, but you're gunna get your arse kicked by these...........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Team Photo PI WSBK 2012.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	3258

mota's are built by the guy with the beard, Trevor Birrell (Racing) here in Adelaide.

http://trevorbirrellracing.com.au/

**EDIT: cut&pasted from above website**

A note to all the doubters our there.

Our Katanas are a labour of love. They are not the result of a large amount of cash. This is about a few blokes, notably Trevor and Dale, who put their time, effort and a little cash into a project they enjoy doing.

The end result is that these Katanas, in the hands of our expert riders, Steve and Shawn, kick arse.
    Some of the establishment don't like that. Tough.

The latest rumour we've heard is about our forks. Apparently they are hugely expensive. Err, they're not, they were all bought off eBay for $400 or less and we have three sets. They are all CBR600 items two with emulators in them, one has an Ohlins 30mm cartridge kit. That's it.

Another is Shawn's Dunlops - sorry guys these have always been tyres available to anyone "across the counter". Mostly US N-tec slicks like ASBK currently use, occasionally the UK N-tecs and then mostly the SuperSports.

And as to "they have a full blown drag engine in that" ... we don't. A pro stock makes between 280 to 350hp and don't last long (and they ain't "blown"). Ours make between 160 and 185 depending on the spec of each engine. Trevor can build you a 145hp engine that will last all season, a 165hp engine that will need some occasional work, or the full 185hp engine that is still reliable but will need more regular inspection and maintenance. We know of a few high horsepower Suzuki motors that are not as reliable as those from TBR.

Anyone is welcome to visit us in the pits, we'll show you around, and see for yourself how obtainable these bikes are.

Its not what you have its what you do with it that counts.
    Last edited by EFE 1230; 03-01-2013 at 08:50 PM.

EFE brilliant. Mr Sims has visited ASF for the first time to make a sales pitch.Maybe he wants to guarantee that one of his bikes is ridden by an Aussie.

ASF Premium Full Member
    there are a few bikes built by john already racing here and they are works of art as for our katanas kicking their arse's nothing is set in stone

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by probike View Post
    as for our katanas kicking their arse's nothing is set in stone

blasphemer!

Quote Originally Posted by stiffsimon View Post
    EFE brilliant. Mr Sims has visited ASF for the first time to make a sales pitch.
    <br><br>No Simon I didn,t come on here to makes a sales pitch, only to point out that the frame in the picture is made by Trident Engineering in the UK and not by Harris or a Japanese company to suit a Kawasaski engine. We were lucky enough to be lent a genuine works xr69 and stripped it and copied it. Everything we make is interchangable with the original.<br>Also I think the Katanas of EFE1260 are excellent bikes and I have been super impressed by their performance and by Steve and Shaun. Winning combinations always have whingers in tow, we get it here in the UK.<br>Would love to come to Phillip Island, cant do it this year but hopefully in 2014. Perhaps some more of your boys would like to come to the UK for the Classic TT in August. We are more than happy to help anyone who would like more info.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimms View Post
    <br><br>No Simon I didn,t come on here to makes a sales pitch, only to point out that the frame in the picture is made by Trident Engineering in the UK and not by Harris or a Japanese company to suit a Kawasaski engine. We were lucky enough to be lent a genuine works xr69 and stripped it and copied it. Everything we make is interchangable with the original.<br>Also I think the Katanas of EFE1260 are excellent bikes and I have been super impressed by their performance and by Steve and Shaun. Winning combinations always have whingers in tow, we get it here in the UK.<br>Would love to come to Phillip Island, cant do it this year but hopefully in 2014. Perhaps some more of your boys would like to come to the UK for the Classic TT in August. We are more than happy to help anyone who would like more info.
    Hi John the katanas don't belong to efe they belong to Trevor and myself Dale we don't like to get to cocky because their are to many things that can go wrong like last years when the battery failed on Seans bike and the lanyard on Steve's regards Dale

Quote Originally Posted by probike View Post
    Hi John the katanas don't belong to efe they belong to Trevor and myself Dale we don't like to get to cocky because their are to many things that can go wrong like last years when the battery failed on Seans bike and the lanyard on Steve's regards Dale
    Don't sell yourself short mate those things are works of art!

Just showing everybody what our homegrown boys can do not trying to detract from Johns bikes at all.

I didn't notice it was your (John) first post mate, you'll have to excuse "Mr" siffsimon as hes probably still suffering from the stress of being reversed over while on his Triumph.

anyway it wouldn't be cricket without a bit of rivalry with you poms now would it?
    Last edited by EFE 1230; 03-01-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Yeah John just a bit of leg pulling. I know that some of your frames are used on bikes over here and they are indeed beautiful. I have seen one of your bikes up close and personal and watched it being developed locally over many months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast