Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Hades

Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by slingy88 View Post
    Hey Surt,

well, if your keeping the bandit lump, then i have seen a bandit where they removed the stock down tubes and the lower frame tubes and replaced them with ones which came down around the outside of the headers with tubes going back over the engine cases, with a removable front cross member with the engine mounts on.
    So rather like a spondon and it looked great. Like you say, no restrictions to header design then and engine can just drop out from under.
    I'm pretty sure i,ve also seen a slingshot, think it was a water cooled frame with an oil cooled motor in it, again the front and lower frame rails removed and that had the engine hung from the head oil passage bolts but it did look a but ugly as it all ended up being quite wide at that point compared to everything else, but i suppose it depends largely how you design and engineer it.
    hey slingy thanks heaps for sharin ur life experience bah like i said i'd prefer the 2nd option with oil stops, gunna check em up regarding how deep their holes r, what thread and can it be enlarge, i dont think it'd be fuckin wide as not beyond the engine covers at any rate... if this option appear not reliable to me then i could really make a kinda harris variant with engines front mounts hanging down from lower rails, i can draw wat i mean, guess im better with a frame design than with motors alas hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by HOS View Post
    I loved my '99 B12.
    Its that Suzuke thing, they are rock solid bikes.

We watched a guy down the Pod a couple of years back with a stocker B12, just added NOS.
    He was having a ball !! Low 9s every time.

As you know Tony, its not what you got, its how you use it.
    yup sounds like huge spit of nos is worth turbos in efficiency but im kinda likin the idea of usin wasted fumes for extra power
    Last edited by Surt; 31-01-2012 at 05:37 AM.

received the swinger today awesome! weighed in 7.5 kg without hardware and hugger, me thinks bandits custom braced swinger weighs much more

ps the b12's stock swinger with caliper and adjusters 8kg, so apparently the both swingers weigh the same but gixxers is naturally more rigid not sying about the look hehe
    Last edited by Surt; 31-01-2012 at 05:48 AM. Reason: a better idea!

another happy ideas come in to my head – try and use cbr954 titanium zorst header (2kg) i have had around for 4 ys or so for the project 'stead of the stocky one (6kg), later it can be used for building a turbo header, my mates already used a similar header for makin a custom zorst for his scooter says so far so good
    It has 78-83-78 center to center distance between runners, can be changed if needed

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    hey surt what mod's are ya going to do ta get take arm in there ?...when i put the busa swinga in the bandit i widened the frame 20mm. not sure on the difference in width between the busa and the gixa swinga at the pivot point.

just like banditrod said theres a plenty of meat that can be ground of swinger mountin points, i just measure my swinger at the pivot point its 234 (u says b12s 220 and busas 237), so 7mm r gotta be cut of each pivot mount on the frame fuck reweldin it!

btw i thought or someone said that the b12s and gxr600/750 swingers r of the same length, dunno maybe its fair for early years but mine is 660 mm overall length [happy-happy-happy]

ps ive also compared the b12 and cbr954 headers, b12s is about 120mm wider! i'd love to have cbr's engine! well runners r 38mm od for both headers, so i assume theres no obstacle to make cbr header fit on the b12s engine helliluyaah mofos haha
    Last edited by Surt; 01-02-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Fetched the bike parts to me work today weighed the frame and engine on good ole scale here r my results
    The frame (without the seat subbie) weighs in 19.950kg yup im a perfectionist knob
    The engine (with the front mountin bar and a coupla drops of oil inside) is 75.8kg

More trivia or a tucka for brains
    B12s swinga pivot od is 20mm and ‘06gixxers600 is 22 (thought ther r the same, fuck up)
    B12s rear wheel axle is 20mm and ‘06gixxers600 is 28 (thought ther r the same, fuck up)
    B12s frame width at the pivot points is 220.5mm and ‘06gixxers600 is 232.1mm, not 234 as I measured before with a plain ruler
    No wuccas already have got an idea how to sort out the buggers just wait and see

Theres no way back the frame is cut apieces bwahaha!

The bloody frame is utterly overweighed look at the strengtenin triangle, its 5mm steel sheet and theres another tube behind it! Probley I’ll have to cut of the front pipes completely to re do that part of the frame

Cut of some more of the shock linkage mount some bloody threaded holes I kunt remember wat were they for probley for the central stand bolts

btw b12 zorst ports r 42.5 while cbr runners r 42.95 wat a bugger, gotta find a way of borin of the ports for .5mm without dissasemblin the engine, anyway the cbr header can be used after some efforts no pain no gain huh

kinda deja vu... removed the oil sump and oil pick up funnel put the frame on the engine nice and easy just for 1min
    now its obvious that the front down tubes must be remade completely
    tomorrow I also gunna remove all the odd shit welded on frame like hooks, studs, brackets whatever

started with the ally fuel tank as well

666mm long just a coincidence lol

So you need to lose 5.8mm each side to fit the gixer6 arm in the b12 frame.
    That aint too bad at all ?

yup not bad at all Col, tbh already did that yesterday with an angel grinder, just gotta tidy it up on monday, pics to follow

Weekend Warrior
    i love all the frame mods you guys do. theres something about taking to frames with an angle grinder that makes me want to build more bikes.

yup its like fuckin a virgin u can be sure ur the 1st one bwahaha ever tried? sweeeet hehe

about half hour grinding and 15 min more smoothing with files and voila

kinda mock up tho cos inner races must be made, btw the stock races r made from raw steel wtf cheap jappo cunts!

3 more hour cutting and grinding and the front down tube cut offs r removed completely

coupla pics more

ps if any one kunt get wat i am talking about feel free to ask for elucidations

Dont fuck about do ya mate! Good shit!

if only you could run the frame just like that. would look awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Fight_fan View Post
    Dont fuck about do ya mate! Good shit!
    yup Lance i root em all 1 by 1 no vain fuckin around lol

Quote Originally Posted by xa-mont View Post
    if only you could run the frame just like that. would look awesome!
    yeah looks unearthly Trav to good for me tho gonna add coupla bracings here and there

Tryin on the dog bones mighty shorter ones r needed (stock 1s r 180mm center to center and smth like 110+- r needed)

Gonna be more space for an access to the head

Carbs can be removed at ease unlike when they were with the fugly air box

Tank front mounts cut of

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast