Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So.... Whos seriously intending on going to AFR08?

jakam04

So.... Whos seriously intending on going to AFR08?

Righteo Gang...

I know that AFR08 is miles away (3-4 months), but am thinking that if we can get things sorted out sooner than later so we can get the best price for airfares etc.

[u]Attendees (thus far):</u>

Jakam04
    BillyWhizz
    Rocket

This is an event you dont want to miss out on. I went to AFR07 and had an absolute ball as did Rocket.. This year is gonna be even better with lots of awesome events organised by the legend himself "Gix11"...

Im in the middle of trying to get the best quotes possible for transporting of bikes over to Sydney and riding from there to AFR location... the more people going, the more the discount offered to our group.

Bring on AFR 08

Jarrod

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    The three day ride there to AFR07 was just as big an event for me as meeting all the guys in dubbo.
    For a corner starved West Aussie, I was blown away by the trip down there.
    It's highly recommended just for the ride alone, let alone meeting all the awesome people we only just read about on the interweb.

I think Sydney to Evans head in two days is a pretty easy target.
    Large says it's a 7.5 hour drive so if we take back roads and whatnot, we could make it an easy three day run if we wanted to.

Think about it guys, it'll be well worth the effort, and we get to turn up and represent on our own bikes.
    This year is going to be even bigger with our own airstrip for streetfightering shennanigans !

well im a dick did i miss the intended location for AFR next year??

someone put up a link cause i want details!!

Bloke with a smaller stick BillyWhizz888's Avatar
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...?TOPIC_ID=8397

Imagine my hairy arse let loose on the East Coast
    Fcuk Off Ya Twat

ASF Premium Full Member
    I've being wanting to do a trip like this for years. Hey guy's I don't seem to be able to get into the Full Member areas anymore. WTF Do I need to pay money???

Yes bloke you do, I believe you owe Gix11 20 shiny pennies.
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...?TOPIC_ID=4519

Weekend Warrior
    Hagarr, any new pics of your harris..... it was looking almost done before..?

ASF Premium Full Member
    Thanx for that I don't remember how I'm supposed to pay (What Account??) Yeah progress very slow on HAGARR but engine is in frame. The main problem is getting the time to finish off and the Injection is proving a problem but I am getting there.

MOTORCYCLE PACKING CRATES

WE HAVE THEM, BUT WANT NUMBERS

Fcuk Off Ya Twat

Hey Hagarr, drop Si a PM. He will send you an account number and then once money is transacted you will get the passwords to the members sections this will give you all the discounts that full members get from the financial sponsors of this site. Also the skies will be bluer, food will taste better and your shit wont stink half as much

Good luck on planning your WA trip guys, I'm half jealous that I only have to ride the 6 hours to get there from here. Sounds like an event in itself.

how much is bike transport?

Blog Entries
    Sorry to anyone that was familiar with the AFR details. I haven't had time to sum everything up and realease it the general area yet so just the Full members have had the low down. I will get some stuff togethger soon and do a gerneral release. All the full member's know the score..... as do a lot of international SF owners! (Long story).

For those that are going to AFR... Im thinking that if I pack light enough.. I might be able to bring my 8-10 man tent and we can camp out in the Taj Mahal known as "CAMP WASF".... any thoughts?

Jarrod

Bloke with a smaller stick 03gixxerpilot's Avatar
    Yep i'll be coming down and hopefully draging a few of the members and non members down as well, i have chaged jobs and this makes it a fair bit easer for me to get time off.
    Born again Juvenile delinquent

I also have tents 3 & 4 man

Jarrod did you ring SCT Logistics? 9352 8111
    Fcuk Off Ya Twat

quote:Originally posted by BillyWhizz888

I also have tents 3 & 4 man

Jarrod did you ring SCT Logistics? 9352 8111
    Not yet Mel. Waiting for my contact to ring me back. Was thinking if Maurie rang them, he might be able to beat any price I could ever get.

Jarrod

ASF Premium Full Member
    Peter ??? (ex sprint car driver) Sartori of Highway Hauliers is the guy who a person i know uses every year. He goes to the Grand Prix every year and goes for a ride around normally to Tassie or similar then heads back to where he first started packs it all up and heads home drinking beer and Scotch on the plane. Sounds like my kind of trip.

Ok.. Spoke to that Logistics place Mel recommended. The guy who I spoke to wasnt the usual guy who does it so he only gave a rough price. I was only able to get the price for Perth to Parkes (as Parkes is their depot and if we were to get the bikes to Sydney, it would be extra money. Thought this would also open up more routes to ride to AFR)

Perth to Parkes = $350 (this is [u]Backfill rates</u>)
    Parkes to Perth will be a bit more due to east to west normal rates (read: heaps more expensive)

Still waiting for usual guy to finish hols which should be in the next few weeks.

Jarrod

We have a truck driver mate of britfighter who wants to attend the run.. does not have a truck [xx(]but its another avenue to look down, maybe hire a unit ?
    I have contact for bike crates $25 each

LET THE MADNESS REALLY BEGIN [}]
    Fcuk Off Ya Twat

If we went down that option of hiring a truck... I would try get more time off work and go as his co-driver if he likes. He'd take 4 days across? or try push through quicker? Id say he would also have contacts to fork-lift bikes off truck in Sydney for our ride north too.. could be a goer...

Jarrod

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast