Thread: Day 1 AFR

dazz

Day 1 AFR

NSW guys met at McGraths Hill Maccas

It was at this point that we realised that Fimp was in for a slow day. His bike was leaking more oil than most Harleys, this led us to beleive that the left handers would need to be tackled at walking pace.

We headed for Lithgow to meet up with Mundy and crew up the Bells line. That was the first time I had seen Exben ride "Judge" and lets just say it was something to witness. The profile of his rear tyre left little edge grip and once the thing started to come on boost at over 100km/h it just lit the tyre up.

We left Lithgow as we recieved word that Mundy would meet us at Bathurst so we headed out through Oberon for a few more twistie bits.
    At the Oberon turn off Ben discovered that his lack of faith in Loctite was not justified as he was now sporting self adjusting rear sets on the l/h/s of the "Judge". Most would see this as a time to coast such a machine to the nearest point for repair but not Ben, if my memory serves me corrctly he lit the thing up in first and second all the way to the next corner

NO ONE LIKES A SHOW OFF BEN

And still fimpy limped along behind dripping oil like a street fighters join-the-dots

Once we arrived in Bathurst we headed for the track
    The QLD boys arrived and we headed onto the mountain for a bit of a play
    A couple of photos were taken up at Skyline and then Stu and Gix made their way down to the esses to take some action shots as we played.
    You will have to excuse my shit memory but I have forgotten the name of the guy with the turbo Busa. On pit straight I was passed by him with his bike wheel spinning and standing at the same time It must suck having that much horsepower

It was after the few laps and swapping a few stories that I had to depart due to family commitments for a return trip of the same route

Had a good ride and met some top guys, sorry I had to cut the run short.

Gix, feel free to move this post to where ever it fits with regards to the fools run report.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    If I'm not there next year I'll either be dead, dismembered or married.

Very jealous guys - sounds like too much fun to be leagal.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Hey I got as far as Goondawindi before the Ic igniter on the Z650 shit itself [V] now I really have to get the ignition running with the Megasquirt ecu!!!
    Thanks to Des and Kay and the guys (Ozkat, Boh and Jackamo) for giving me hand to get into Gundy.
    Local Kawasaki agent T&T motorcycles (Tony and Tracy) are dead set legends, they bent over backwards to try and get info and to get me back on the road and then gave me a lift back to Brissy when I couldnt get a hire ute. []
    Oh well theres always next year!!!!
    [][][][][][]

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    shit dave id ve really like to see ur zed mate ..
    dazz see ya tomm ill be up for a coffee ..on hols for a bit

Would have been good Jim, I was really hanging out to get to thsis one but no luck, Next year for sure. Glad to hear that the honda went well, bike looks great

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

shit dave id ve really like to see ur zed mate ..
    dazz see ya tomm ill be up for a coffee ..on hols for a bit
    not in tomorrow mate, give me a call on 0419 994 610

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    ok will do dazz phills got yer shirts mate

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    good stuff,
    wish i had known about bens troubles

i was sporting a gluestick of blue loctite and a full workshop of tools just in case
    oh well, we all made it anyways

honestly, there wasnt THAT much oil on my tyre
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Ben lost more than a rearset bolt later mate! .......and he still gave it the bollox.

engine bolt wasnt it?
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

best fun was lithgow - oberon - bathurst

dazz you missed out on the neck strain from Bathurst to Dubbo - who the fuck let pete with the turbobusa infront!!!!

Blog Entries
    Who the fuck could catch him to say slow down? If he learns to corner at those speeds as well we'll never see him!

There were times when I couldn't see anything at all let alone Pete on the NTB.
    Damn, we were moving...

all i saw was vibrating road & handlebars, a bug on the visor glued against my face and the arse end of trucks and cars accelerating quickly towards me

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    I got up to 188 indicated for about 5 seconds and nearly got blown off by a truck so backed down to comfortable cruising speed of about 120-130.

At one stage I was overtaking a line of trucks and cars and got past the back 4 or so...started to pull back in and got passed by the red flash on boost

Blog Entries
    I won't tell you what top speed was captured on my digi speedo before Pete came past me on full go as if I was stood still. Let's just say it was the far end of the $2 mark.

the could only muster $1.98.... she had no more to give.. revs werent climbing after that point, and took a fuck off long straight to get that... interestingly the evening before i managed to extract $1.92 down a hill in the pissing down rain, towards a corner and on a sh!tfull bumpy road [:O]

i was lucky to spot bens self extracting engine bolt, thought id be a smart cunt and sneak up the side of the lead pack, as i pulled up next to ben i saw it, no horn meant it was hard to get his attention as we got moving, i rev'd the guts outa the engine, and we pulled up MID ROADWORKS!! it was very interesting negotiating the roadworks with oncoming traffic lmao

cheers.joe.

hahaha, yeah twins dont need horns eh mofo?
    mine doesnt have one either

$1.92 out of the 650 is pretty decent!
    "s" model gearing yeah?
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

gearings at 15:43.. stocko ''S'' model is 15:44 with that i pulled 210-220ish (banging on limiter in 6th) on the airstrip, tho had the fairings then.

might go to 15:45 (largest zx6 sproket available?!)in the 520 spec next time round.

cheers.joe.