Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "07" fool`s run

Bloke with a smaller stick
    quote:original post by Slingblade
    Yup sunday sounds good. Be in the car though, bikes got no rego until i get my fork seals fixed.
    How the fuck does that work, you can turn that plastic wrapped piece of Honda, into a lean mean streetfight'n machine in next to no time but can't replace your fork seals in two and a half weeks. That's fuck'n soft Nath

"It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    He's got you there

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Yep no doubt about it..........IM SHIT.

Never done fork seals before so i am ummming and ahhhing about whether to have a crack at them without the proper tools or just getting them done. I just dont wanna pay someone, as every dollar spent is one less on the piss at the fools!

quote:Originally posted by Slingblade

Yup sunday sounds good. Be in the car though, bikes got no rego until i get my fork seals fixed.
    Maybe you should join OSB or something like that.... im sure they have a virtual run somewhere.

If i knew what OSB was i am sure that would have been piss funny ozzy.

My bike will be at the fools mate. And mine will actually be a streetfighter, unlike your plastic covered poopstick.

If i knew what OSB was i am sure that would have been piss funny ozzy.

My bike will be at the fools mate. And mine will actually be a streetfighter, unlike your plastic covered poopstick.

I really look forward to meeting you, you have NO FUCKIN IDEA!

quote:I really look forward to meeting you, you have NO FUCKIN IDEA!
    Shit i finally got to you Oz. Your slippin'

Sofala has a fuckin briliant road headin towards Bafurst,beware of the gravel line tho.Off camber fast corners.
    Naif,we can all talk you thru fork seal replacement mate.You wont need any speciaL tools,maybe just a rattle gun to undo the cartridge.You got USD's or RWU's? $15 for seals will cost you about $130 at a shop.Have a dig mate,you'll understand whats goin on inside them tubes if you pull em apart.Then you'll have a better understanding of pre-load and rebound settings as well.

Standard forks, standard motor, standard wheels, standard seat unit, standard brakes, standard swingarm, removing plastics and bolting on bars do not make a streetfighter. Ive never said any of my bikes were or are streetfighters. Also i also dont make fuckwit comments about riding a streetfighter to the AFR. Or call someone elses bike a fuckin plastic covered poopstick!

Gday Davo,

RWU's on the blade mate. I have a Honda w/shop manual which sets it all out but i was mainly concered about tapping the new seals in (i could source a length of pipe i guess). The Honda OEM'S come with the oil and dust seal. I can get some off ebay that are the oil seal only. Am i better off replacing the dust seal as well??

It was a joke mate. If your skin is that thin i dunno how you survived the previous runs.

How about we relax and i will buy you a beer at the fools. Lifes too short.

Just get a length of plastic drainpipe to tap the seals in mate ($10 at Bunnings) - it's a piece of piss job that should only take you an hour tops with a basic tool kit... after what you've done it'll be a doddle.
    Oz - stop baitin' the poor fella, you know he's gonna keep trying to give it back & that's just mean of ya... hahahaha!

Mate,you simply use your old seal to seat your new...hence place your old seal back over the new and tap it into place,then remove.Personally i'd only replace dust seals if i weas replacing teflon guides and bushes.but you'll need to re-chrome your tubes for besd results.Riding your bike with a blown seal can give you a good indication of whats going on.Less oil can handle much better some times,.

Righto you have convinced me. Looks like i become a suspension tech this weekend. Anyone have a good source for front fork springs??(terry hay??) They are too soft for my big ass and with the tail riser going on i figure the weight distribution will be even more on the front. If i got em apart i may as well do the lot.

Nath, you have to bring the bike. If it helps I'll shout you a beer to offset the costs of the fork seals.

I was always gonna be on the bike to the fools Ice. It just aint ready for a ride this sunday .

Prince[8D]you have at your disposal my tool box & work areasome advice is available as wellif ya wont me to put shit on ya i can do that also

quote:Original post by Slingblade
    I was always gonna be on the bike to the fools Ice. It just aint ready for a ride this sunday .
    Sorry, my mistake. It was silly of me to think a topic titled 07 Fools run, was actually about the 07 Fools run.

Right[}]were` all gonna put shit on ya now ya turkey with no gaggle[:0]what kind of waste gate are ya gonna run on the GS[?]personally i wood`nt have a clue but it looks good me making ya think i DO

C`mon evry one put shit on ICE he`s only got about 3 weeks left[^]so hang as much as ya can[)]so ya feel like a real git when ya is sharing a beer with him[:X]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast