Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPz900 OR GPz1000Rx motor wnated.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    How did ya go Chalk?

Picked up a motor from Joe's for $500, with 3 months warranty. And if I haven't blown it up in 3 months it must be a good one.

Fitting it up at the moment, along with some new brackets and headlight unit that I've made up. finish in the next week or so.

We'll have to have short ride (to a pub somewhere) once it's sorted.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    If you want it I have a gpz 9 seat base and original foam you can have for the postage cost . I only wanted the cover.
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

Definitely interested Sharky, I'll PM you my details.
    I am about to get mine recovered, in a solo seat style, so a spare base means I can ride while the new base is being done.
    Spent last night grinding away on the welds for the new radiator and headlight brackets, fuck I'm a shit welder, but at least the bits stick together. And I found out the hard way that you shouldn't arc-weld without a shirt on. I'm probably the only person in history to get a 'sunburn' in CBR in the middle of winter.

Loose, you still down south way, or am I thinking of Talla? Anyway you interested in going for a run up south of Sydney way, catch up with some of the Sydney guys, in a coupls of weeks? And any other locals of course.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Got it mate. You have have the cover too. It so nearly fits but not quite. I will weigh it and mail you the details.

A nasty welding story for ya....
    Mate in uk has 20mm clear plugs in his ears (piercings) and he is a welder....One night he could smell burning and his ears getting hotter....The clear plastic was directing the arc light to the edges of the plug.........Must be the first case of 'Arc ear'....
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

Fark, that'd have ta hurt.

I've got a brother in NZ, who's a panel beater, and towards the end of his apprenticeship he got hit in the head by a flying anvil (the big one too, not the little fecker). He'd been smacking the crap out of a bent car, too close to the wall, and it dislodged the anvil from it's hanger. Couple of hours at the hospital and he was bandaged and off home. Guess what, the dumb fuck promptly forgot what he had done, and two weeks later the same feckin anvil hit him in the same feckin spot. Panelbeaters..... the true intellectuals of the trades world NOT.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Good ta hear your nearly mobile again,Chalk.
    Sounds like Joes looked after you on the motor, i've had pretty good dealings with them.
    Pub sounds good, or a local ride.
    Currently got the fairings back on the 11 because when I got to work 8AM about 2 weeks back and there was ice on the top half of my jacket and all over the visor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12