Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hagarr's Harris

Blog Entries

Hagarr's Harris

Hey Guys. Hagarr sent me in this email with a write up on his Harris. Check it out:

"This is one of my bikes "Hagar(r) the Horrible". I've owned the bike since 1984 when it originally started out as a Z9 engined Harris but I got sick and tired of rebuilding Kumunsukmi engines so in 1995 bought a Gixxer engine and set about modifying it to suit.
    It is currently being tidied up after finally getting all bracketing and Gixxer bit's modified to suit. The list of current and to be completed is as follows, 2004 R1 USD forks and Radials. ZXR 750 front wheel with 320's, currently runs white power rear but have just purchased Ohlins, CBR1000F rear wheel, Bodywork original Magnum. I've been tempted to change the seat unit but thats the era it came from so it stays (Not in Photo). Motor is currently built to short fitted with Busa pistons I am currently finishing cylinder head which will be fitted with Titanium Springs and retainers, Ferrea valves std cams. Turbo from a 300zx but may go bigger if I can fit it in. You can appreciate there is fuck all room in a Harris so I have a 300zx unit which I know will physically fit at this stage. I have purchased Gixxer1000 fuel injection and wiring harness with Power commander. Gixxer1000 dash.
    I will send some more pic's as it gets closer
    As I do ALL of my own machining (Spent 15 years as an Automotive Machinist) and modifying it has taken me a while to finish but i'm getting there. My plan at this stage is to have it going for next years AFR might even try and ride it if the body will take it."

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Looking good - I like that colour scheme. Gold and purple is totally pimpin'

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    fuck yeah, get that bitch going!!!!
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

MMmmmmmmmm. I like that, It are gunna be nuts when done.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Thanx for that Gix i've been trying to post my pic for ages. It was fairly mental with the 1216 and 150rwhp so goodness knows what to expect with turbo albeit a small one.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Whats the finish on the frame?
    HPC? Powdercoat? Painted?
    The frame looks fantastic.

Cheers

Daryl

ASF Premium Full Member
    A mate of mine runs a paint shop in Perth and he's always painted all my stuff. He's fucking good. 2 pac I can't remember the colour. He picks the colour. I'll have to ask. I went for 2 pac as the colour choices in powdercoating are pretty lame. My missus won't let me choose what to wear she reckons my colour sense is fucked. What's wrong with blue socks and red shorts?

Bloke with a smaller stick
    That gold frame looks great. I look foward to seeing the finished product at AFR08.

"It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by Hagarr

Thanx for that Gix i've been trying to post my pic for ages. It was fairly mental with the 1216 and 150rwhp so goodness knows what to expect with turbo albeit a small one.
    Your a man of good taste...[8D]

Weekend Warrior
    great looking frame mate, good to see something different!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    that thing looks awesome!!! I cant wait to see more pics. Im really curious as to where the motor sits. Doest your top chain actually run under the swingarm or is the motor set that high?

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    thats absolutly horny mate ..would love to see it in the flesh

ASF Premium Full Member
    Shifty the chain runs over the top of the swingarm. The set of engine mounts you see (Anodized red) are the third and final? set that I made. Current bikes run the swingarm pivot to sprocket centre at +15mm to act as a form of squat and as I was having problems keeping the front down I had to try everything to help it stay down. I really should change the arm but it's so much fun as it is. Maybe when the snail is fitted it might change my mind.

whats your swingarm angle on that thing? ive got mine at 11degrees and though it was up there

ASF Premium Full Member
    I'll have to stick it all in AutoCad and work it out. It's probably not ideal it's made worse by the fact I jacked the back up by extending the shock length. For two reasons one to get more weght bias onto the front (I now have 52% front 48% rear static)and to decrease the rake angle. The frame geometry is based on 70's technology so it has a very lazy 26 degrees. The R1 forks have only just been fitted as I used to run RG250 USD with internals modified to suit 91 Gixxer but this didn't allow me any latitude in setup as they were extremely short. No doubt there will be some adjustments when it's up and running.

looking kik-arse Hagarr..!!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    That's one sic unique fighter can't wait to see the thing when it's up and runnin. Nice choice of colour it'll really stand out in a crowd.best of luck with it keep us posted!!!

REAL BIKE[8D]

fark yeah, bloody awesome, look forward to seeing it complete

cheers.joe.

hagarr i run 52.5% front weight bias and it makes a world of difference. Im sitting at about 22.9degree rake and 3" trail.

Your swinarm angle wont make the bike handle bad if your motor sits as high as it looks. Here is a pic i drew for a frame geometry thread on another board.

as long as your chain pull angle is more then your weight transfer angle and your pole of moments is lower then your center of gravity it should handle like its on rails. Once those angles are close or the your PoM is above your center of gravity you get some weird things happening.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast