Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chopper Underground Buildoff just commenced

Photochop.

Only a Thalidomide victim could use those pegs. Imagine coming to a sudden stop on it? ouch!

Bloke with a smaller stick 03gixxerpilot's Avatar
    who says that you cant chop a jap bike, look in " back street heros " mag and youll see a few examples of late model jap bikes that have been chopped.
    Born again Juvenile delinquent

who says that you cant chop a jap bike, look in " back street heros " mag and youll see a few examples of late model jap bikes that have been chopped.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Onya chop, im following the build up on the website as well. some interesting comments/concepts on there.

At the moment my hands are shaky as hell. The meds they have me one have me shaking like a dodgy washing machine and occasionally hallucinating. Been sitting down with the swingarm & bottom yolk trying to remove powdercoat without slicing my fingers off. It's pissy little jobs like this that have to be done anyway so rather than operate power tools with shaky hands I'm doing this shit instead. It's already proving easy to tell some of the Pro Builders . Now it starts to get interesting....

Had a funny thing this arvo. A bloke & his missus dropped over to get an electrical fault fixed on his VFR. His wife was having a look over the Gixxer on the Jig and noticed that the tyres were Pirelli Diablo's . After telling her that Diablo was Spanish for Devil she stormed out squeeling something about God will strike me down for having Satan on my tyres.... Go figure.... That was some weird shit....

Alot of people are so afraid of God it makes em wacky and really out of time with reallity. Makes em selfish too.

Blog Entries
    Good job you didn't have your shirt on then mate. Fuck knows what she would have done to you?

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    if diablos are the devil,
    than what does that make the corsa's?

that I008 guy has a ways to go!!
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I008! - That's the Virago dude. He's taking no prisoners with his work is he? That thing looked like it was sold on a showroom floor yesterday. Still think Chop's got it in the bag though.

Well, here's the updated word. 3 contestants have formally pulled out leaving 10 that have confirmed they are in(either by starting or saying they are starting) and 10 that have yet say or do anything. Men from the boys as they say.....I've been doing those dirty little jobs that have to be done like cleaning thread holes, stripping paint and re-checking angles for the frame geometry(good thing to as I got one wrong). I also set my balls on fire when cutting steel with the large grinder but no real damage. That may or may not teach me to wear long pants when working steel but I doubt it....All good fun.....

I may also have various alcoholics over this weekend so I may actually get some real work done as a result. If you're out St Marys way and wanna drop by give me a yell..

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Wayne, you fuggin rule buddy! Enjoying watching this come together and really dig your attitude. Giv'r!

G'day wayne, hope the project is coming along well, can't wait to see the next progress report/pics!!!!!!!!

Well, here's the update. The bloke that was doing my headstock had a car accident. I've got a good mate, Louie ,at Moorebank Motorcycles doing one up hopefully in the next week or so. This weekend I'll be fabricating engine mounts , clearing more powder coat and maybe starting on parts of the engine cradle if time allows. A serious delay by not having parts in but there's not alot I can do but try to work around it. This weekend if you are out St Marys way and want to swing by for a look & a beer give me a yell and I'll chuck you some details. Also, for you die hard fans, I cracked the builder ID codes and now know who is building what. Builder IO08 with the Virago has never chopped a bike before but he's a smart little bugger and should be OK if he can remember how to put his bike back together....

Blog Entries
    I lived in St.Mary's for about 4 months in '96 but there was fuck all as exciting as a biker build off contestant entry going on then. Bollox to my timing. Bit of a treck now mate. Is there any more updates on the chop site? (Why don't I just have a bloody look?)

Bad news on your mate hope he makes a speedy recovery, good to see you are making progress on the bike.

He had his spleen removed about 2 weeks ago and has all the usual broken bones. He'll be off work for about 6 months. The at fault driver had been in Australia for only 2 weeks & ran a red light. On the buildoff site there are now pictures of 10 entrant bikes so the number are slowly creeping up. I estimate the final number to be about 14 or so for the actual contestants so it's still a decent sized field. For the record, I live in Old Mt Druitt and yes, I will win this.

And for all you parts whores, here's the swingarm pivot. The GSXR750 has the assembly cast into the frame so I bought a stolen/recovered 02' GSXR1000 frame from a scrap yard, nicked the pivots out of it and had these steel adaptors made up so I could weld these into the new frame with minimum fuss and while still looking good.

You've got my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The odd thing I guess is that I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet. I know who I'm not going to vote for because of personal differences but I'll be watching the pack and probably basing vote on which full on amatuer made the best go of it. I'm classified as a semi-professional apparently and that gives me a better understanding of what it is really like to build most everything yourself. I think contests like this can be a good thing to generate alot of the right sort of bike building attitude. Like racing, competition improves the breed and perhaps there should be a Streetfighters Buildoff later in the year-Just a thought.... For the record, there are 5 professional builders in the contest and all have shown pictures so far.

Mt Druitt,well who'd have guessed?go the ratbag.vote for the Vaigro mate,he seems like your biggest oposition if any.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast