Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ebay bargain

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Oldboy, you want to sell me the motor only? Probably not, but as you can see my '84 is still in reasonable shape. If I could get $3.3k for it I'd have to think about selling too. [8D]
    The tensioner is an easy fix, just cut off the auto adjust part, and insert one 80mm long , 10mm bolt,[thread cut to 10mm inside tensioner body], spin a locknut up the bolt, thread into tensioner body, and it pushes on the internal camchain slider, just like the "sticky wedge and rod arrangement. Nip up the locknut, and it will never be a problem again. You can do all that, or simply buy a manual tensioner, which is virtually the same thing anyway.
    I converted mine after a bad shift[which I'm now blaming the crook 'box for]saw 12k on the tacho, and the tensioner let go, ugly rattly noises, and a slow ride home.it was a long time ago I did this mod, the bolt length, and thickness may be different, but i'm sure you get the picture.

Oldboy, you want to sell me the motor only? Probably not, but as you can see my '84 is still in reasonable shape. If I could get $3.3k for it I'd have to think about selling too. [8D]
    The tensioner is an easy fix, just cut off the auto adjust part, and insert one 80mm long , 10mm bolt,[thread cut to 10mm inside tensioner body], spin a locknut up the bolt, thread into tensioner body, and it pushes on the internal camchain slider, just like the "sticky wedge and rod arrangement. Nip up the locknut, and it will never be a problem again. You can do all that, or simply buy a manual tensioner, which is virtually the same thing anyway.
    I converted mine after a bad shift[which I'm now blaming the crook 'box for]saw 12k on the tacho, and the tensioner let go, ugly rattly noises, and a slow ride home.it was a long time ago I did this mod, the bolt length, and thickness may be different, but i'm sure you get the picture.

Shit.......that photo is a bit huge.......

Shit.......that photo is a bit huge.......

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Haveing spotted the Z1R in the background,
    and noticed the list of Turbo bikes on an earlier post,
    http://www.turbomotorcycles.org/TMIOA/Bikes.html
    I am waiting for someone to mention the first of the Turbo's ?
    The US only Z1R-TC ?
    And YES, it was a production bike, in that it was a brand new bike sold by Kwak dealers, the amount built (250)outsold may of the Japs other "limited edition specials".

http://www.number1.co.nz/cars/kawasaki.htm
    http://www.turbomotorcycles.org/TMIO...aki_Z1RTC.html
    I want !
    I want !
    I want !

Tony.

Blog Entries
    Haveing spotted the Z1R in the background,
    and noticed the list of Turbo bikes on an earlier post,
    http://www.turbomotorcycles.org/TMIOA/Bikes.html
    I am waiting for someone to mention the first of the Turbo's ?
    The US only Z1R-TC ?
    And YES, it was a production bike, in that it was a brand new bike sold by Kwak dealers, the amount built (250)outsold may of the Japs other "limited edition specials".

http://www.number1.co.nz/cars/kawasaki.htm
    http://www.turbomotorcycles.org/TMIO...aki_Z1RTC.html
    I want !
    I want !
    I want !

Tony.

Yeah Mr Nitrous,
    The Z1RTC is one rare motorcycle.
    A friend, [the dude in England who sold me the ZXE gearbox] had one for a short time, but moved it on, not sure why! Then again, this guy seems to have about 20 bikes [and an unknown amount of half bikes]in his collection, and it's never the same from week to week!
    You mention the Turbo owners board, but what about 750 turbo.com?
    Without this site, I can truthfully say my bike would not be in the condition it is, except for the damned 'box, of course[V].
    Big K only made approx.6500 ZX turbos, so they are getting a bit rare too
    The Z1R in the background is a long term frame up rebuild, about 2.5 years so far,just the carbs and airbox,seat and brake lines,to go, then it's on to the Z1B that's stored in bits in the cupboards behind the other two!

Yeah Mr Nitrous,
    The Z1RTC is one rare motorcycle.
    A friend, [the dude in England who sold me the ZXE gearbox] had one for a short time, but moved it on, not sure why! Then again, this guy seems to have about 20 bikes [and an unknown amount of half bikes]in his collection, and it's never the same from week to week!
    You mention the Turbo owners board, but what about 750 turbo.com?
    Without this site, I can truthfully say my bike would not be in the condition it is, except for the damned 'box, of course[V].
    Big K only made approx.6500 ZX turbos, so they are getting a bit rare too
    The Z1R in the background is a long term frame up rebuild, about 2.5 years so far,just the carbs and airbox,seat and brake lines,to go, then it's on to the Z1B that's stored in bits in the cupboards behind the other two!

Blog Entries
    The 750 Turbo's sold quite well in the UK,
    Mate Andy in Kidderminster still has 3, along with a proddy tuned 350LC and a Mitsubishi EVO-6, typical "petrol head".
    Although im on the look out for another Suzuki, it would be hard to say no to one of the Classic Zed's at the right price.
    You got good taste in bikes mate [8D]

Tony.

Blog Entries
    The 750 Turbo's sold quite well in the UK,
    Mate Andy in Kidderminster still has 3, along with a proddy tuned 350LC and a Mitsubishi EVO-6, typical "petrol head".
    Although im on the look out for another Suzuki, it would be hard to say no to one of the Classic Zed's at the right price.
    You got good taste in bikes mate [8D]

Tony.

Thanks bloke! There's always room in my garage for another, although my wallet is a little vacant right about now.
    Dave Dunlop is the guy I chat with occasionally, runs a "bike shop" in Birmingham, he's pulled more than 250 horsies out of a highly modded 880, T25,power commandered Kawa turbo. Not too shabby for something that's 21 years old.

Thanks bloke! There's always room in my garage for another, although my wallet is a little vacant right about now.
    Dave Dunlop is the guy I chat with occasionally, runs a "bike shop" in Birmingham, he's pulled more than 250 horsies out of a highly modded 880, T25,power commandered Kawa turbo. Not too shabby for something that's 21 years old.

Blog Entries
    Best one i've seen was a 750 Turbo motor stuffed into an early Z650,
    (Lump went in quite easy, lots of pissing about with the electrics) with all the original trim and running gear! Stock paint, brakes, shocks, forks, wheels etc. Pure Evil, must have been a real hoot to ride

Mmmmmmm.... 750 Turbo's.......... Niiiiiice.

Just remembered, years a go I bought a "Heavy Duty, Manual Camchain Tensioner, suitable for Race-Motors" etc etc all the usual Bullshit, for my 1100Kat. It was exactly how you discribed your FIX, a bolt with a lock-nut! exept mine came from the USA with a sticker and cost me a f*ck*ng fortune,
    I was Young and Stupid, now im not young !

Blog Entries
    Best one i've seen was a 750 Turbo motor stuffed into an early Z650,
    (Lump went in quite easy, lots of pissing about with the electrics) with all the original trim and running gear! Stock paint, brakes, shocks, forks, wheels etc. Pure Evil, must have been a real hoot to ride

Mmmmmmm.... 750 Turbo's.......... Niiiiiice.

Just remembered, years a go I bought a "Heavy Duty, Manual Camchain Tensioner, suitable for Race-Motors" etc etc all the usual Bullshit, for my 1100Kat. It was exactly how you discribed your FIX, a bolt with a lock-nut! exept mine came from the USA with a sticker and cost me a f*ck*ng fortune,
    I was Young and Stupid, now im not young !

Yeah Tony, the Z650 engine is actually the motor Big K upped to Zx specs and slapped in the 750.It is a slipper bearing bottom end, requiring high oil pressure to lube. Handy, 'cause the Hitachi HT10b turbo required the same oil pressure to operate. They slipped a scavenger pump in behind the airfilter/sprocket cover, and a little sump on the bottom of the cases,to drain the oil from the turbo.]
    No wonder it is an easy fit into a Z650, that would make a hell of a streetfighter, the little Zed was a great handler for its day

Yeah Tony, the Z650 engine is actually the motor Big K upped to Zx specs and slapped in the 750.It is a slipper bearing bottom end, requiring high oil pressure to lube. Handy, 'cause the Hitachi HT10b turbo required the same oil pressure to operate. They slipped a scavenger pump in behind the airfilter/sprocket cover, and a little sump on the bottom of the cases,to drain the oil from the turbo.]
    No wonder it is an easy fit into a Z650, that would make a hell of a streetfighter, the little Zed was a great handler for its day

Blog Entries
    Benzine,

[/URL]
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/If-Im-Going-t...QQcmdZViewItem

Who's going to do a few of these changed to
    "STREETFIGHTER"

Blog Entries
    Benzine,

[/URL]
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/If-Im-Going-t...QQcmdZViewItem