Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cammy's ZX9R

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I like it cammy9r,should be the dogs
    when you have it finished.

Jeez Cammy U dont muk around mate, Keep the pics comming!

Weekend Warrior

here is a shot taken outside in daylight, then it was back inside to be fitted into the frame

Weekend Warrior

Well managed to get it in the frame today although i did drop a bracket and chipped the bottom of the frame . But a little touch up and nobody will know . It was kind of tricky lining up the mounts with only 2 hands. Now that i think about it i should have waited until i had prepared the forks/yoke and painted the rear shock. So now i have this lump in the middle of the shed and it's a c*nt to move, nevermind it looks good though .

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    its nice to see you are still on such wonderful form Davo!
    you can always make me grin (sometimes puke)

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    your bike looks insane allready Cammy what colour do you have in mind for it?

Weekend Warrior
    have been planning for a while to do it black with a silver marble then a couple of coats of kandy red. Was hoping to try to create a very light skin effect with the marble maybe snake /croc but nothing in yer face, failing that (or if it looks shite) i will just do the marble normally. I might put some gold highlighted areas under the marble along the more prominent edges.
    Lets just say i know the colours i want to use but not decided on the overall effect

Weekend Warrior

Here is the latest pic. Been busy with other stuff over the weekend so not much done to the bike. What has been taking a while is the cleaning of the parts before i put them back on. i need the chassis complete by the first week in march as i'm off work that week and plan to paint the body work

Blog Entries
    It's starting to take shape nicely mate. The new colours are going to be in yer face when it's done.

Weekend Warrior

Latest update . Working on the front of the loom now, then give the calipers a quick overhaul and just keep bolting bits back on until it's finally finished

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Look'n good Cammy, keep up the good work and keep those pics coming.
    "It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

Hey Cammy, well done its a BEAST! cant wait to see the final look.

going to be cool when finished cammy.
    nice work.

Weekend Warrior

Kind of slow progress just now as I had some minor problems to solve.
    First was the coolant expansion bottle. The OE one was bolted to the left hand side of the bike and was nicely hidden by the fairing. With out the fairing it looked like a big tumor growing on the side; so it had to go. I still needed an expansion bottle. So measuring the capacity I found that nominal volume was 450ml and over flow at 600ml.
    There was a gap below the carbs just behind the fuel pump which would be big enough for something when the cables were re-routed. Of to the local car breakers (called scrappy's here). After some hunting I found a power steering reservoir from a RENUALT that was perfect for the task. Took it home and gave it a good clean to remove all oils. Blocked of one of the feed pipes and made a simple bracket to hold it in place and connected it to the coolant system. Works great and all I need to do is fit an over flow tube.
    With the coolant system filled and no leaks I cranked the engine. Soon as fuel reached the carbs it started for the first time since the beginning of the build.
    Now I could fully check the zx10r speedo clocks/gauges that I fitted. Every thing worked fine but the temp reading was not there [:0]. So I checked the temp gauge using the instructions from the zx10r manual; it was ok. The problem lay with the temp sensor - its resistance didn't match the gauge . With research I found the zx10r sensor was not the same as the zx9r (which is only 1 wire).
    Some thinking then leads me back to the scrappy. There I took about 15 different sensors from various cars (sensors have colour coded bands and connections). They cost me £2 about 4 dollars AUS- bargain!

According to the zx10r manual i needed a sensor that would have a resistance of about 30-40 ohms at 100 deg cel. This would give the correct reading when the cooling fan kicked in. With the misses out for a while it was in to the kitchen and boil up some water in a pot and test the sensors one by one. The second last sensor i tested had a good enough reading so i cleaned it up and stuck on the bike. Got the engine hot and checked the reading on the gauge when the fan came on, between 100-102 deg cel. RESULT [8D]. Bought a test meter today that has a temp probe in it so will use it tomorrow and see how acurate the gauges/sensor really are during warm up.
    Worst of all i can't remember which car i got the sensor from so if it ever goes faulty ?? will need to do it all again.
    Well thats it for now.

Blog Entries
    Nice one Cammy. Using your head to sort problems that some people just say fuck it and leave (the expansion bottle). Cheers for sharing the solution, although finding a renault anything out here would be quite a challenge, but I'm sure there's an equivalent.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    NICE WORK!!!

thats what we like, some good old non-aussie know-how!
    love where u put the overflow, wish i didnt have to have mine sitting out like a dogs breakfast

cant wait to see her done cammy
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

way to solve a few probs there mate! well done.

Weekend Warrior
    http://spaces.msn.com/cammy9r/?_c02_owner=1

Thanks guys. The above link is to my msn space, just found out about it the other day. Plz check it out. I have posted loads of pics of the build as it has progressed. They can be viewed in a slide show if you click on the 'photos' tab.
    I am still writing up some descriptions to go with the pics to let people know what it is i have done.
    Still to do the calipers. Went to kawasaki to get seal kits for the calipers and they wanted just under £130 ($260 AUS) FOR RUBBER SEALS!!!!!!!!!! fook that. So been searching the net to find seals that are of reasonable price. In the end they will have to be done. I aslo still need front wheel bearings, mirrors, end can/link pipe new tyres and paint, it is getting there though.

Blog Entries
    Nice slide show mate. It really shows the effort you have put into it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast