Thread: the start and finish of the S3

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

the start and finish of the S3

i have been building this bike for about 12 months its almost there.

2007 triumph speed triple. 1050cc

Recently my nephew smashed his Triumph speed triple. It was classed as written off and rebuildable. Insurance company's paid him out, which he bought a new Triumph and he's given me his 2007 triumph speed triple, which I will rebuild into a street fighter with nos.but i have a few bills to pay first before i can start here are some pix.

a set of radiator and oil cool gaurds for my triumph s3 there sweet a guy in QLD makes them..

just a update my wife got me the headlight iv have been drooling over for a while now for xmass what do you guys think i have to work out how to mount it yet i put it on with zip tires to see how it looks.

farking piss of big farking time i use the last of my money to get my gsxr 1000 08 front wheel for my speed. I took it out of the box and it looked in really good nick. I was happy as pig in sh.t.
    I could smell fresh paint, the person who sent the wheel from the US had sprayed the wheel with a can of black paint and sprayed straight over the dirt and crap that was on there. So I used paint stripper to strip the paint right off, I planned to polish the rim up like a mirror. When I used the paint stripper I found under the paint, that one of the spokes had been snapped at the centre and had been welded and bogged over to make it look like it wasn't there. Further inspection of the rim, where the spokes meet the rim, have cracks and fractures. This is farked big time.
    What a way to end a year.

Watto has come up with a wheel for me and 320mm rotors.

and here is a update its looking sweet.

just a up date now im having trouble lic it now .

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    Looks shit hot mate

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

thanks man its taken a long time to build and lots of $$$$ now getting it lic is the hard part and with a lot of help from Morry we may get this dream on the road.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Looking very nice. Saw this at the shop and had to wipe a little bit of dribble off that rear wheel.
    Is it loud with those Arrows on it ?

looks sweet mate

looks good man. love the polished wheels.

quote:Originally posted by Rocket

Looking very nice. Saw this at the shop and had to wipe a little bit of dribble off that rear wheel.
    Is it loud with those Arrows on it ?
    its very quite rocket and it only has one Arrow can on it the other was crushed .

What are the issues with registering it mate

Weekend Warrior
    Bike looks good. I'd open a dispute via ebay regarding the wheel. The cnut that sold it should be given a fuckin' kicking, his actions could have ended up with you being either killed or seriously injured along with anyone else who was unfortunate to be caught up in the aftermath of it failing.

quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

What are the issues with registering it mate
    because it was a written off and rebuildable bike it has to be inspected by a shop where morry is doing the waver on the bike and he has to fail the front end because its gsxr front not triumph then i have to get the vin number from joe for the front end he sold me then fill in a Modifcation Application for Light Production Vehicle so when i get the vin numbers i need and the ok from them its off to the pits to see if there happy with it what a fuck around.

Ahh fair enough

Weekend Warrior
    Details for the bloke that supplied the rad guards?
    Looks grouse!

ASF Premium Full Member
    quote:because it was a written off and rebuildable bike it has to be inspected by a shop where morry is doing the waver on the bike and he has to fail the front end because its gsxr front not triumph then i have to get the vin number from joe for the front end he sold me then fill in a Modifcation Application for Light Production Vehicle so when i get the vin numbers i need and the ok from them its off to the pits to see if there happy with it what a fuck around.
    It would be interesting if you had for example put an RGV250 set of forks on to a 900 SS Duke of the equivalent year as they are the same make of fork technically, not including changed internals to suit weights etc of course.

Shit hot looking ride by the way looks great!

still waiting for the Modifcation Application for Light Production Vehicle to come back there 8 weeks behind.
    FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.