Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: hooligans vfr 800

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Should have posted about the water pump, I've got a second handy here you could have had for postage, came with a thermostat housing I bought.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Shit, oh well. Any idea how old yours is? I might take it anyway if you don't want it? Nice to have a backup.
    When i pulled the pump, i noticed a big part of the problem was an O ring that was a C ring because it had split.
    My generic Oring from repco is close but not quite, so I have a honda one on the way by Thursday.
    Once that's done, I'll be able to test my ram mount camera mount and mics near the airbox and exhaust. Garage test pics up the whine of the gear driven cams nicely. Keen to see what its like at speed.
    more titanium than my bike

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    NFI how old it is, happy to punt it your way though.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jackstands.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	8402Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old pegs.jpg 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	8404

Name:	rearsets.jpg 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	8403
    so, up on supersized jackstands, swingarm bolt out, old pegs off, Sebspeed rearset adaptors on, china rearsets on, a 2mm shim for the rear shock, and done.
    I haven't done final adjustments yet, but holy shit, the gear shifting is quick and clean. I didn't think it was bad before, but I was wrong.
    Pegs are about as high as my brothers Tuono, but not quite as far back (we both checked by sitting on both bikes while stationary).
    well pleased, and I can't believe I have had them for about a year before I fitted them.

Looks good Chris, but i cant believe the effort you go through to change them.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

ASF Premium Full Member
    If I had left the centre stand in it would have been easier. Still need to take the swingarm bolt out, but no jackstands. The model after mine went to normal reasets instead of bolted through the swingarm.

Blog Entries
    They look the business as well.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Instead of waiting until a week before nfr, i started earlier.
    Biggest hanges are swapping the fatbars for a set of apex manufcturing clipons, which meant a new set of shorter throttle cables from a cb500r.
    I did a big airbox mod which moves the air filter from the middle of the airbox to the lid of the airbox. Its gone from having 30mm above the v stacks to 80mm above the v stacks, and yes, it is peppier.
    New bars meant new grips, so i got one with a bigger throttle wheel, added quick action.

Commuted on it today, and it is quite spritely for a bike with 160000ks on the clock

I Like them, they blend with the bike nicely
    Ladies and Gentelmen, take my advise. "Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

ASF Premium Full Member
    Well, the forum is alive again, but the vfr is gone.
    i sold it a month or 2 ago to a seth african guy who sold his speed triple before he moved out here 7 months ago. He got a lot of bike for not much, but said he'd buy it after looking at it for 2 minutes. Didn't even start it. Seems to have gone to a good home. hard to watch him ride off.
    Down to one bike, another MT09. This time a black 2017 model. I spent some of the vfr money on an ohlins nix 30 cartridge kit and a tfx rear shock which should be arriving in the next week or so.
    Ben has already flashed it.
    Last pic of the vortex.

Name:	final vfr.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	8524

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718