Thread: re joining the madness

re joining the madness

Hey guys, so I have had a 3/4 done cbr 900 fighter in my garage for 2 years now and its finally time to finish her I had previously posted a few bits but I thought I would introduce myself. Dan Ulmer is the name and I live on te Sunshine coast.

Won't let me attach photos so heres some specs:
    head gas flowed and ported, compression raised
    r6 rear end on custom subframe
    custom tripple clamps and fork spacers (coutracy of Ben at Xtreme creations)
    Custom headers with micron GP can
    about a billion other bits of custom carbon or alloy with black chrome, back anodising, powdercoating or ceramic coating.

Im working on the HID projection headlight unit now and also plan on a dyna 2000 inition systemand coils.

Better photos to come when im done (hopefully shortly

Cheers

Dan

Welcome mate, i just moved away from the sunny coast to brisbane, to post photos click reply to topic then there is a link! look forward to seeing the progress!

haha I just moved from Brisbane to the coast Ya I tried to use the link but it says "currently unavailable"

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    welcome mate

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Welcome aboard mate. We've exceeded our photo limit so that like doesn't work. Use a host like photobucket and post a link.

"It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

RevHead
    welcome back bloke

Welcmoe mate, put some pics up when you can.
    Ladies and Gentelmen, take my advise. "Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

hey guys, here is a photo link to some photos. Some of you may have seen this before. I did post some photos previously. She is getting close to done

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=460d148995

very nice, look like youve put alot of work into it!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    welcome Dan, bike looks ace

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Looks great like the Micron tucked away there.

Ya its from an R6 should be loud. Thank for the comments, its been a long build with a lot of attention to detail. All that i need to do now is finish the headlight unit, wire the dyna 2000 ignition, mount a few bits like the horn and rad overflow bottle and stuff some steel wool in the can so it might have a chance of passing a roadworthy

Weekend Warrior
    sick bike man! impressed!

Thanks Im a bit worried about getting it road legal. Does anyone know what QLD transport will look for? As far as I knew it was stuff like signals more than 300 apart, plate on a 45 degree from rear axel, all the normal stuff like angle of the light and horn ect and maybe a noise test? I can fake my way into that stuff as long as im trying to sell it to them as a cbr 900 still. Will they kick up a fuss about the custom subframe? Thats the only bit thats really been changed as far as the physics of the bike are concerned. Anyone have any insght?

Weekend Warrior
    Hi Dan. Welcome to the nuthouse. Nice looking bike. Cant you just get a roadworthy from a bike shop and take it down and register it at Main roads?

I sure hope so Cheers