Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Not a fighter* ZX9R track hack

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    You have been a bit quiet lately Cuntholio.
    Piece of piss mate, strip the fairing off, get whatever headlight you like the style of* & mount it & some indicators to the forks, chuck a horn & some mirrors on while you're at it.
    Get a cheap E marked taillight & indys for the back, put treads on & go get it RWC'd.
    Then take the RWC, your purchase receipt from Macca & your first born to VicRoads & hand it all over, they'll swap all that for a shiny new number plate & a pretty coloured sticker which means you can tell Police to bite you when you get pulled over.
    Then commence burnouts & wheelies until your face hurts.
    You should be able to convert it from SF to tracky in less than an hour if you're any good... err... no, wait... maybe 2 hrs+ for you.
    *H'light, indys, mirrors hafta be E marked , you can't use pushbike stuff.
    If you decide to go ahead with it, giz a bell - I got shitloads of bits here.

Cheers Prolapsed Rectum and Rod.
    Money tighter than ever but I need something to aim for and I want it on the road before Xmas. At best I get a few flying laps of the borough at the moment but I want it legal so I can just get on and go if the mood takes me.
    Of to the bay to catch up on things cheap and Chinese that will fulfil the requirements.

If you take off the fairings AND the ram tubes you'll need to re-route the carb balance pipe back into the airbox. There's a few ways of doing it (all the info is on this forum), but it'll run like poo if you just leave the pipe dangling out the front.

Oi Labia lips! I know your watching. I just checked on PMCC and the Pre modern under 1000cc rules. Save me making a dick of myself over there but the rules dont in any way infer that the bike has to conform GCR's. So do I need engine protection, lockwire to fluids, callipers, testicles etc? Or is it just a given?
    Heres the rules http://prestonmcc.com.au/index.php?topic=223.0 Also states that the choice of tyre is "optional" thought it used to be road rubber only.
    1 month away and I hope to enter the next interclub for shits and giggles.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    I am pretty sure that all racing in Vic requires lock wiring and secondary engine covers and all the stuff you stated above mate

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Its the covers that shit me. Based upon the rules above though you only need to meet those requirements. No mention of GCR's
    Cheers Rod....By the way have you still got the 9?

I gave it to my sister for Xmas in 09

How the fuck do you manage to even dress yourself in the morning you dumb cunt?
    Of course your bike needs to conform to GCRs, that's why they're GENERAL Competition Rules !!
    The category/class/event/club rules are Supp. Regs (that means that the Regulations are Supplimentary to the GCRs)
    Being the fucking genius you are, I'm sure you're confused as fuck right now so let me spell it out for you - ALL racing motorcycles need crash protection & lockwiring, race No's, brakes, etc.
    Pre Modern racing motorcycles are subject to more & less concessions/modifications than other classes - eg. 'Carburettor modifications are free provided the castings remain as original' that means you can jet the shit out of your standard carbs but you can't replace them with Mikuni RSs or Keihin FCRs because that would be cheating (wouldn't it Deano? ) Tyres have always been open but it's a given that you'd run slicks.
    Remind me when the next round is on, I'll come up & watch you <s>wobble around</s> race - I haven't had a decent laugh since I stood next to you at the urinal that time.

Francis used to state in the rules that GCRs were what they were.
    I see they have now Trademarked Pre Modern and if you were completely green then you would take it as read that if you followed the guidlines set out in the "Sup regs" then you comply.....I was hoping that the engine cover / protection shitfight had been scrapped due to the shoddy crap that people were affixing and the poor wording of the regulations.

As for getting dressed in the morning.....well I think mumsy does quite a fine job of presenting me to the world.

Fuck off and I aim to be at rnd 4 of the Interclub for shits and giggles. Wobble - sure will.

Righto wrinkled scrotum.....everything else can be over come but I have given this here google machine a workout today and I cant find any engine covers or protection available on the market for the 9. CUNT. This means I have to fabricate something. Do they really accept a cheap nasty job of laid up CF that does fuck all? I remember seeing simmo with the arse end of a keg strapped onto both sides of his bike when this rule came in. Dodgey but passed.
    CF is a wank or "composite materials" as the GCRS infer to (I done gone and red dem wurds tooday) CF is known for its tensile strength not its abrasive resistance. Even Kevlar weave is as good as the epoxy that holds it in shape.
    So being a smart cunt how would you go about fitting engine protection to a 9? Just lay up some epoxy and some pretty CF weave or what?

quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

I gave it to my sister for Xmas in 09
    If nobody read the precursor to this response then you have just sealed your fate.....
    That has got to be the best quote ever.

Lol I'm sick but not that sick ya fucker I meant I gave her the zx9 smartie pants

quote:Originally posted by Aido

Righto wrinkled scrotum.....everything else can be over come but I have given this here google machine a workout today and I cant find any engine covers or protection available on the market for the 9. CUNT. This means I have to fabricate something. Do they really accept a cheap nasty job of laid up CF that does fuck all? I remember seeing simmo with the arse end of a keg strapped onto both sides of his bike when this rule came in. Dodgey but passed.
    CF is a wank or "composite materials" as the GCRS infer to (I done gone and red dem wurds tooday) CF is known for its tensile strength not its abrasive resistance. Even Kevlar weave is as good as the epoxy that holds it in shape.
    So being a smart cunt how would you go about fitting engine protection to a 9? Just lay up some epoxy and some pretty CF weave or what?
    I reckon Simmo's were trick, from memory he had a neighbour who was a stainless fabricator & he did a nice neat job of them.
    Yeah, composite is pretty shit for abrasion resistance, I'm not sure if the whole country has got a set standard for engine protection yet, I know in NSW you can use composites but pretty sure Vic stipulates metal.
    Boschy used to use a strip of hoop iron on the bottom of each cover, I was in the scrutineering line behind him once & the scrutineer said that it was undoubtably dodgy but it did satisfy the requirements.
    For your bike I'd fab up some flash polished ally or S/S jobs, if you need a hand, just ask me & I'll tell you to get fucked.

Finally got some coins together for some tires...Looking at 26 Aug at Broadford for shits and giggles. Did a count back and I haven't ridden this thing in anger since July last year. I hope I dont get in the way of any ZZR 250 riders in the slow group.
    Have pulled me finger out and finally finished the paint with some number boards and a few decals. Looks the part and I'm happy with it...Looking back at it the green wasn't that bad but at least its a bit more individual now.

HAD to be number 9...even if it is just pretend for now.

Looking good mate have you lock wired everything yet

Drilled some holes (know what I mean) But callipers have to come off the front for tyre change. KN oil filter goes on before next track day with provision for wiring. Paid $8 for a fancy chinese anodised red filler cap..drill it when it arrives. Wiring not required for track day anyway but its all ready to wire up if I go racing.

Ahh cool I have been drilling all the stuff on the zx6 getting it ready make sure you lock wire the oil cooler line aswell I saw a guy get pipped for it at the island last time I was there

Oil cooler? ZX9 - not a Gixxer. Coolant drain off the pump perhaps?

Shit I meant to say oil line that will teach me for not reading what I have written lol ...the bottom right hand side while sitting on bike there is a banjo bolt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	544179_10151490445046737_925203115_n.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	3993

Finally got a concreter to lay the slab for the new shed. Will begin in earnest within 2 weeks. For now though the 9 is house bound...
    Got plans....as always. 04-05 ZX10 swingarm and ZX10 front end. Have always wanted to big bore but there is much debate on which size. Anyone else bored a 9? 998 or 950?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12