Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New model Acewell in September

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by Kaosaki

Any more details on that unit mate? Where'd ya see it?

I wanted this unit

But electrosport kept saying "maybe next month" for like a year.

The unit you posted would be awesome. I need a new gauge for the 250 but seeing as Electrosport don't stock Acewell anymore I'm having trouble finding another cheap source. Australian prices are a joke.
    Might have to settle for the Koso DB-01R....
    We have the Acewell 4000 series in stock, will be released to market soon....

I don't think the Triumph speedo is from Acewell, it's very different to the Acewell prototypes we have seen. It could be OEM for Triumph, Acewell have OEMed to Honda and Gas Gas, but if that is the case, it won't be released to the general market in the same form.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Hey Jeff, what dia are the 4000 and any idea on pricing as yet and how much ASF discount? Hey you gotta ask don't you.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Murray Bridge, South Australia, Australia.
    quote:Originally posted by jeffs3

Any more details on that unit mate? Where'd ya see it?

I wanted this unit

But electrosport kept saying "maybe next month" for like a year.

The unit you posted would be awesome. I need a new gauge for the 250 but seeing as Electrosport don't stock Acewell anymore I'm having trouble finding another cheap source. Australian prices are a joke.
    Might have to settle for the Koso DB-01R....
    We have the Acewell 4000 series in stock, will be released to market soon....

I don't think the Triumph speedo is from Acewell, it's very different to the Acewell prototypes we have seen. It could be OEM for Triumph, Acewell have OEMed to Honda and Gas Gas, but if that is the case, it won't be released to the general market in the same form.
    Any idea how soon and approximate price? I'm in the market for a new gauge and wondering whether it's worth holding off. It's a good looking gauge though. Otherwise I'm going to go with a Koso or Daytona this time.
    Cheers.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by 80s freak

Hey Jeff, what dia are the 4000 and any idea on pricing as yet and how much ASF discount? Hey you gotta ask don't you.
    The ACE-4xxx diameter is 80mm, so a fair bit bigger than the ACE-28xx at 64mm. ACE4xxx depth is 68mm.

Note the LCD backlight colour is switchable between green, blue, and red. I prefer the blue myself.

All units have a engine temp, air temp, fuel gauge, volt meter, ride timer, total ride time, average speed, max speed, odo to 999,999km, 2 trip meters, digital tacho to 19900rpm, 99 lap timer, IP67 waterproofing, mounting bracket, RPM sensor wire, reed switch kit, wiring harness, and PT 1/8 temp sensor.

The units are available with 6000rpm or 12000rpm analog tacho options, and the body is available in either Chrome Polish (CP) or Anodized Black aluminium (AB)

ACE-4353AB Acewell Digital Speedometer with Analogue Tacho to 6000rpm. Anodised Black Housing $479

ACE-4553AB Acewell Digital Speedometer with Analogue Tacho to 12000rpm. Anodised Black Housing $479

ACE-4353CP Acewell Digital Speedometer with Analogue Tacho to 6000rpm. Polished Chrome Housing $489

ACE-4553CP Acewell Digital Speedometer with Analogue Tacho to 12000rpm. Polished Chrome Housing $489

For an ASF deal, talk to ExBen in the members section and see what he can do for you.

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Any idea how soon and approximate price? I'm in the market for a new gauge and wondering whether it's worth holding off. It's a good looking gauge though. Otherwise I'm going to go with a Koso or Daytona this time.
    Cheers.
    Price as above, and available NOW

Nice unit Jeff. It's almost a shame that my 28 series is working perfectly.

Weekend Warrior
    Ordered one of these today, should have it early next week. Holy crap, I spent more on the dash than I did on the bike [:0] LOL

Weekend Warrior
    The dash arrived today & it's a thing of beauty & impressive design. Once it's wired in it'll double the value of my bike

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Murray Bridge, South Australia, Australia.
    Little too pricey for the 250 project. I ended up going with a Koso XR-SR for $202/shipped. I'll definetly keep it in mind for the next project though 'cause they are bloody nice looking.

Weekend Warrior
    It's been released but apparently only suits Speed and Street 3:

http://www.hitec-factory.de/acewell/...cewell-ace-one

It's a foreign website so you'll have to use google translate. Works out at about $710

Weekend Warrior
    tht one in the OP looks sweet.

ive had a few 28XX's infact ive got 2 at home still in the boxes.

theyre reasonable but not as sweet looking at that.

you'd be mad to pay that much for a speedo though

Do all acewell's wire up the same,by that i mean un-plug one and plug in another ? [)]

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by Harry

Do all acewell's wire up the same,by that i mean un-plug one and plug in another ? [)]
    No. Different models have different idiot lights and thus a different wiring loom. Also, some have temp senders, some don't. But, many of the connectors are the same across the different model ranges,s o it would be simple to plug a different model in for most changes.

If you want the wiring diagrams for 2 models to compare, let us know and we'll send them through.

Cheers, Jeff, S3 Performance (Oz distributor for Acewell)

Weekend Warrior
    fuck that I just ordered a motogadget mini for my street triple and now that comes out haha damnit!

Weekend Warrior
    ah wait this is from ages ago neverrr mind!

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    that original one from the first post still isnt on the acewell site
    did it make it to production?
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

quote:Originally posted by JDinOZ

fuck that I just ordered a motogadget mini for my street triple and now that comes out haha damnit!
    Have u looked into wether on not this will work? I kno Jockney rebel had issues when he tried to change the dash on his speed triple! The things wont start without the proper dash!

Weekend Warrior
    yeh I am going to try and wire in the normal gadget underneath the seat with only the speedo wires going under the tank to the front so it should work, but we'll see lol I might post in a couple of weeks crying for help

LOL good stuff! Best of luck with it!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

that original one from the first post still isnt on the acewell site
    did it make it to production?
    It was co-developed by Acewell and the German Distributor, so it is exclusive to them, just as the models we have developed for OEM customers are exclusive to us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12